talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Werder Bremen Thread

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Wait...what? He played for MSV? O.o 

Would be more accurate to say that he trained for MSV xD

He was one the players we signed 2013 and who started pre-season with us but left after we lost the licence. He then signed for Red Bull who were also in Liga 3 at the time.

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

Would be more accurate to say that he trained for MSV xD

He was one the players we signed 2013 and who started pre-season with us but left after we lost the licence. He then signed for Red Bull who were also in Liga 3 at the time.

Any idea how good/bad he is? Bröndby fans absolutely love him; it seems he developed well in Denmark.

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Any idea how good/bad he is? Bröndby fans absolutely love him; it seems he developed well in Denmark.

To be honest, no. I only remember him being good at free kicks. Think he even scored a goal from one against us in that season. OF COURSE.

Edited by Faithcore
  • Haha 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Rebel Yelle said:

Wondering if he will be a replacement for Augustinsson, or possibly Toprack as I think I saw he can play in the centre as well. Welcome Anthony!

Considering he can play both CB and LB, seems like a direct replacement for Friedl... But I have no doubts Augustinsson will leave as well, Toprak likely as well.

• Subscriber

In other news, Molde rejected our first offer for Fredrik Aursnes. The player apparently wants to join, so it's a matter of negotiating the terms with his club now. A real defensive midfielder :o

I'm sorry nudge, but Bremen has definitely become the team that I've lost the most of my respect for. As for Rapp, he is an intelligent player who can read the game well and is great for a build up play. He was one of the key players last season and has definitely improved over the course of the season. He has been instrumental in our defence last season. 

He apparently agreed to stay on and then decided against us last second. Either way, good luck with him!

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, londonerlilie said:

I'm sorry nudge, but Bremen has definitely become the team that I've lost the most of my respect for. As for Rapp, he is an intelligent player who can read the game well and is great for a build up play. He was one of the key players last season and has definitely improved over the course of the season. He has been instrumental in our defence last season. 

He apparently agreed to stay on and then decided against us last second. Either way, good luck with him!

Thanks, and yeah I figured you'd be unhappy... :3_grin: Seems like he changed his mind because of Anfang, so just be angry with him :D 

• Sad 1

• Subscriber

First pre-season friendly against TuS Blau-Weiß Lohne tomorrow will be broadcast live on the club's official youtube channel. Kick off at 15:30 CET

Two friendlies against Feyenoord have been added to the pre-season, that's how it looks now:

So, 27.06.21, 15.30 Uhr, Testspiel: BW Lohne - SV Werder, Heinz-Dettmer-Stadion (Lohne)
Mi, 30.06.21, 18.30 Uhr, Testspiel: VfB Oldenburg - SV Werder, Marschwegstadion (Oldenburg)
Do, 01. bis Do, 08.07.21, Trainingslager im Zillertal, Zell am Ziller (Österreich)
So, 04.07.21, 16 Uhr, Testspiel: SV Werder - ZSKA Sofia, Parkstadion (Österreich)
Mi, 07.07.21, 18 Uhr, Testspiel: SV Werder - Zenit St. Petersburg, Parkstadion (Österreich)
Sa, 17.07.2021, 12 Uhr und 16 Uhr, Testspiele: Feyenoord Rotterdam - SV Werder Bremen, Feyenoord-Akademie & Stadion Feijenoord "De Kuip" (Rotterdam)

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Didn't know where to post this, but Slovan Liberec's announcement video of Gebre Selassie is something else. 

Just seen it on Twitter, too. WTF xD Good to see he's having fun though :) 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

Won 7:0 against Lohne in the first pre-season match; Bittencourt, Füllkrug, Dinkci, Niklas Schmidt (2x), Philipp, Eggestein on the scoresheet.

What's interesting is the formation - we're playing a 4-1-4-1, with both fullbacks playing very narrow, often moving to the center of the pitch and getting involved in the build-up, the defensive midfielder falling back into defence, the two central midfielder playing a very high line, almost like attacking midfielders, then the two winger playing very wide, and finally a striker upfront. Looked very good, even if it's against a weak opponent. 

Kyu-Hun Park made a very good impression; hope we will finalise his transfer in the next few days. Strong, robust, good technique and vision. Will be interesting to see how he does in friendlies against stronger clubs, but looks very promising so far. 

As for other youth players, I thought Nankishi, Woltemade, Dinkci, Niklas Schmidt and Philipp looked pretty good, too.

Also, I hope Bittencourt will not be allowed to take another corner or free kick. 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

The deal is as good as done, and Mai travels with the team to the training camp in Zillertal! Full squad: 

Pavlenka, Kapino, Zetterer, Dos Santos Haesler - Jung, Möhwald, Osako, Bittencourt, Füllkrug, Veljkovic, Agu, Sargent, Schmid, Toprak, Schmidt, Rapp, J. Eggestein, Straudi, Park, Gruev, Nankishi, Badjie, Mbom, M. Eggestein, Groß, Woltemade, Dinkci, Mai.

Erras not in the squad, is in talks with another club.