talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Werder Bremen Thread

• Subscriber

Bittencourt is out for a few weeks with a knee injury, so we're now desperately looking for wingers. First match is in less than 5 days, our new system is heavily reliant on strong wingers, and we barely have any left xD 

tumblr_mfw8moy38s1r8tdf1o1_250.gifv

16 hours ago, Rebel Yelle said:

Thoughts on the new kits? Both are clean, find the away a little bland. Quite like the detail on the home shirt.

The white kit is fantastic.  Agree with @nudge that the two shades of green look bad.  I didn't like last years green kit either with the white under the arms.  How about just plain green, Bremen?

10 hours ago, nudge said:

The sleeves are awful. Would have been nice if the colours matched. 

I prefer the away one, love minimalist clean kits.

I think the sleeves need to be either the same color, or a few more shades different. It's slightly different so that it does a number on your eyes to see if it's in fact NOT the same color. 

I'm with you though about minimalist kits. Simply great overall. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Bittencourt is out for a few weeks with a knee injury, so we're now desperately looking for wingers. First match is in less than 5 days, our new system is heavily reliant on strong wingers, and we barely have any left xD 

tumblr_mfw8moy38s1r8tdf1o1_250.gifv

Jojo, welcome back to the wing!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, nudge said:
Toprak is the new captain, Maxi Eggestein and Leo Bittencourt have been named vice-captains. Those three + Groß and Füllkrug will be the team council.

That's a lot of talent for the league. If you lot stay healthy, you may absolutely run circles around the rest of the league. 

I thought for sure Eggs and Bittencourt would have left, but if they are staying, then that's brilliant for you lot. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

That's a lot of talent for the league. If you lot stay healthy, you may absolutely run circles around the rest of the league. 

I thought for sure Eggs and Bittencourt would have left, but if they are staying, then that's brilliant for you lot. 

Baumann said to expect 15-20 more transfers to happen before the transfer window closes :7_sweat_smile: most of them will be players leaving; the majority probably being players from reserve/youth team, but quite a few first team players are still expected to be sold. Augustinsson, M. Eggestein, Veljkovic, Friedl, Osako, Sargent, Jojo Eggestein, Toprak are all hot transfer candidates. The squad will likely look very different in 2 months time, and I'm afraid that it will bring a lot of uncertainty. That's not a good situation to be in, going into a new season, and not being sure who stays and who leaves. But hopefully we'll be off for a good start with all these players, at least... 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Baumann said to expect 15-20 more transfers to happen before the transfer window closes :7_sweat_smile: most of them will be players leaving; the majority probably being players from reserve/youth team, but quite a few first team players are still expected to be sold. Augustinsson, M. Eggestein, Veljkovic, Friedl, Osako, Sargent, Jojo Eggestein, Toprak are all hot transfer candidates. The squad will likely look very different in 2 months time, and I'm afraid that it will bring a lot of uncertainty. That's not a good situation to be in, going into a new season, and not being sure who stays and who leaves. But hopefully we'll be off for a good start with all these players, at least... 

Yeah, that makes sense. 

I'd personally love to see a few of those players at Augsburg, but it's been rather tip lipped about our intentions after the Gorsch transfer. 

18 hours ago, nudge said:

It seems strange that they would name three captains that might all be gone in a month's time.  Don't you think it's an indication that they want to/will stay?

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Coma said:

It seems strange that they would name three captains that might all be gone in a month's time.  Don't you think it's an indication that they want to/will stay?

I honestly doubt it... From those three, I think only Bittencourt is set to stay, and that's just because his knee injury. Toprak might stay or go to Turkey, I think. I can't really see Maxi Eggestein staying, considering he just recently changed his agent in order to attract more attention from foreign clubs. After all, we also sold our captain in the middle of the season last time...

Also, the captain and vice captains were not chosen by the manager this time, but by the team instead; it's the first time it happened in Bremen! So I think it was just the case of the team voting for those with most experience, leadership skills and highest respect levels within the squad.

• Subscriber

Zetterer will start in goal against Hannover tomorrow! Good decision; I really like Kapino too, but Zetterer looked better in pre-season. The best ball-playing goalkeeper we have in the squad, in my opinion. 

This probably means Kapino will be leaving though. He was already unhappy to be a #2 goalkeeper, and now it appears he fell behind both Pavlenka and Zetterer...

19 hours ago, nudge said:

As expected, Kapino now wants to leave as soon as possible. FC Basel are said to be interested, as well as a few other clubs.

Meanwhile, we're being linked with Lirim Kastrati. 

End of the window is on the 31st of this month, or the last day of next month? 

31st August.

Yeah - right when I wrote that I was thinking it's obvious that it's not this month. Imagine the transfer window closing before the start of the Bundesliga...

C'mon Lucas...be better. 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

Molde have just announced their new signing who is touted as a replacement for Aursnes, so hopefully that means he'll be allowed to join us now once the transfer window in Norway opens on Sunday!

What a shame.

Who do you think this 'club' is? That's a rather cryptic thing to say...

I have seen Royal Antwerp as a likely destination, but he is better than going there I'd think. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Eco said:

Who do you think this 'club' is? That's a rather cryptic thing to say...

I have seen Royal Antwerp as a likely destination, but he is better than going there I'd think. 

It is Royal Antwerpen, not sure why they chose to say it as if it was a big secret xD 

Just now, nudge said:

It is Royal Antwerpen, not sure why they chose to say it as if it was a big secret xD 

Yeah, like the worst kept secret. 

Okay, well good for him, although that is still a strange move to me. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Eco said:

Yeah, like the worst kept secret. 

Okay, well good for him, although that is still a strange move to me. 

He was desperate to leave after learning that he won't be guaranteed playing time under Anfang in 2.Liga, either. Think it's a good choice, as playing time is exactly what he needs, and he's more likely to be a starter in Belgium than in a stronger league. 

He was desperate to leave after learning that he won't be guaranteed playing time under Anfang in 2.Liga, either. Think it's a good choice, as playing time is exactly what he needs, and he's more likely to be a starter in Belgium than in a stronger league. 

Yeah - if you are solely looking at playing time, it makes sense. But going to a lower table team in Belgium over one of the favorites for the league is just a odd, especially when I don't know him to have any times to Belgium.