talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Werder Bremen Thread

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Yeah - if you are solely looking at playing time, it makes sense. But going to a lower table team in Belgium over one of the favorites for the league is just a odd, especially when I don't know him to have any times to Belgium. 

I mean, yeah, he doesn't want to sit on the bench again, and the manager said he can't guarantee him playing time here - so what is he supposed to do? He heard the same from Kohfeldt, Nouri, Skripnik, Dutt, and now Anfang; no wonder he doesn't see any future for him at Bremen. Don't think there many interested clubs from top leagues, either. 

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

I mean, yeah, he doesn't want to sit on the bench again, and the manager said he can't guarantee him playing time here - so what is he supposed to do? He heard the same from Kohfeldt, Nouri, Skripnik, Dutt, and now Anfang; no wonder he doesn't see any future for him at Bremen. Don't think there many interested clubs from top leagues, either. 

Yeah - well I hope it works out for him. Hopefully with the additional playing him he'll be able to flourish and head back to Germany. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

227175266_4293505444068279_7835716369811

😬

Context is important... 🙃

Im Januar 2020 habe er sich “bewusst für den Wechsel zu Werder entschieden, und ich würde es aus der Situation von damals heraus wieder so machen”, erklärte der Stürmer in der Sport Bild. Selke gibt zu: “Aber im Nachhinein ist man immer schlauer. Mit dem Wissen von heute muss ich sagen: Ich würde den Schritt nicht noch einmal gehen.”

“Ich hatte nie wirklich das Gefühl, dass ich der richtige Spielertyp für die Philosophie bin”, sagte Selke: “Ich war mit der Situation unglücklich, konnte dadurch nicht so viel Energie liefern. Umso unzufriedener wurde ich auch mit mir selbst.”

So, as everyone knew for a long time now - it was a wrong transfer for both sides and in hindsight, neither the club nor Selke would do it again. We needed a different type of striker, he didn't fit into the system and failed to perform. Hope he can revive his career at Hertha. 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber

And now it's official 😔 So many hopes, so sad it didn't work out. Hope he does well in Belgium and improves his game. 

In other news, Yuya Osako is reportedly set to go back to Japan and join Vissel Kobe. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Oh and Sargent is reportedly in advanced talks with Norwich City, would be allowed to leave for 10 million.

If all these transfers go through in the next few days, it means we're left with Füllkrug as our only striker 😬

3 hours ago, nudge said:

Oh and Sargent is reportedly in advanced talks with Norwich City, would be allowed to leave for 10 million.

If all these transfers go through in the next few days, it means we're left with Füllkrug as our only striker 😬

Couldn't all of this have happened before you faced us? 🙄

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I'd happily see the back of Osako, I'm sad Jojo is gone, he was ready to take the league by storm IMO, very surprised he "had no future" here. 

Would happily see the back of Sargant, for the right compensation. I just don't see a particularly good player in there. 

I just worry about the quality of the replacements. I'm not a fan of Osako at all, but he surely had enough individual quality for the 2. Liga. Sargent is decent, has quite a few shortcomings but works hard and is still very young, so I still see a future potential in him, and I reckon he'd score about 15 goals if he stayed. If all of them leave, we're left with always-injured or out of shape Füllkrug. The only name that has been linked with us so far has been Simon Zoller hardly a huge improvement, and already 30 years old. I don't like the look of things.

13 minutes ago, nudge said:

As reported yesterday, Sargent's transfer is close to being done. Not in the squad for the Pokal match anymore.

Is Norwich is destination then? That's the latest I heard. 

I would have liked in him Augsburg honestly and then ship off Gregoritsch, but alas it wasn't meant to be (or we simply can't afford him). ha

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

Is Norwich is destination then? That's the latest I heard. 

I would have liked in him Augsburg honestly and then ship off Gregoritsch, but alas it wasn't meant to be (or we simply can't afford him). ha

Not confirmed, but yes, Norwich is reportedly the destination. If true, then it's pretty cool, considering that Rashica is already there, too.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Not confirmed, but yes, Norwich is reportedly the destination. If true, then it's pretty cool, considering that Rashica is already there, too.

Yeah - that's some quality for a 2nd division team, so good for Norwich I suppose. 

EDIT: Just saw they are back in the EPL after winning the league. Just shows how little I watch English football. 

Will suck for them to experience back-to-back relegations. Norwich is a yo-yo club if there is one. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

This is how I got caught. I guess it doesn't update until the season begins..

785877892_ScreenShot2021-08-06at10_45_23AM.thumb.png.da9f5eef9e94e9d5fcf63740bc9a34fd.png

Huh? It literally says they will be playing in the Premier League in 2021/22, after having won the Championship last season 🤔

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Huh? It literally says they will be playing in the Premier League in 2021/22, after having won the Championship last season 🤔

For Leagues it says EFL Championship. That's all I saw. 

• Subscriber

11m transfer fee + 3m in bonuses for Sargent, reportedly - similar to Rashica's deal. Not bad, especially in our current situation; hope there's a sell on clause included as well.

Osako's transfer almost done, then we probably can expect Kapino, Friedl, Augustinsson, Eggestein, Veljkovic to be sold, too. 

Baumann said he expects to announce some new signings next week. As it stands now, still a lot of areas that need strengthening badly. DM (Aursnes?), two wingers, at least one striker, a RB. A lot of work to be done.

4 hours ago, nudge said:

Baumann said he expects to announce some new signings next week. As it stands now, still a lot of areas that need strengthening badly. DM (Aursnes?), two wingers, at least one striker, a RB. A lot of work to be done.

It is Baumann so I expect him to fail massively at this.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Rebel Yelle said:

It is Baumann so I expect him to fail massively at this.

I wouldn't want to be in his position, to be honest. A bit hard to sign quality players with no money available 😅

1 hour ago, nudge said:

I wouldn't want to be in his position, to be honest. A bit hard to sign quality players with no money available 😅

We are now a giant in a land of minews. We need to use our name and the promise to go back to the Bundesliga to attract players. 

Junuzovic cost dirt. Surely there is talent to be pilfered from Sweden and Austria?