talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Werder Bremen Thread

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

We are now a giant in a land of minews. We need to use our name and the promise to go back to the Bundesliga to attract players. 

Junuzovic cost dirt. Surely there is talent to be pilfered from Sweden and Austria? 

Sure. Austria, Switzerland, Scandinavian, Balkan countries and the likes. I agree with you there. But I would say that it's still not easy to find players there who fit into our preferred profile (young, with enough potential to develop in the future, but also good enough already to help us instantly) and then convince their clubs to sell them for peanuts. Just seeing how negotiations over Kastrati went with Zagreb, it looks like we're not in a position to be offering more than ~2 million Euro for a player.

• Subscriber
41 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Even though we're making good money on Sargant and Milot? Damn. 

I hope that selling them + Jojo & Osako means we can reinvest at least 6-8 million into the squad, but I honestly doubt it. Our financial situation is precarious.

On 06/08/2021 at 15:40, nudge said:

I wouldn't want to be in his position, to be honest. A bit hard to sign quality players with no money available 😅

He did create the problem by signing terrible players for too much money and not having quality players to sell. I really worry if we on counting on Füllkrug to be our striker this year.

On 07/08/2021 at 09:39, nudge said:

Sure. Austria, Switzerland, Scandinavian, Balkan countries and the likes. I agree with you there. But I would say that it's still not easy to find players there who fit into our preferred profile (young, with enough potential to develop in the future, but also good enough already to help us instantly) and then convince their clubs to sell them for peanuts. Just seeing how negotiations over Kastrati went with Zagreb, it looks like we're not in a position to be offering more than ~2 million Euro for a player.

Have we lost the option for Kastrati permanently? 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

I was very excited when he joined us. Unfortunately it didn't work out well though. :/

Hannover apparently do not intend to sell him, so that's probably the end of it, anyway...

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Bielefeld confirmed they signed Kapino. Gradually Bremen's squad becomes critically thin.:(

At least the goalkeeper position is covered - Pavlenka (in new contract talks), Zetterer, dos Santos Haesler and Plogmann. I feel sorry for Kapino, though. A good keeper, waited for his chance, but just wasted years at Bremen.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

At least the goalkeeper position is covered - Pavlenka (in new contract talks), Zetterer, dos Santos Haesler and Plogmann. I feel sorry for Kapino, though. A good keeper, waited for his chance, but just wasted years at Bremen.

Don't think we will see him playing instead of Ortega at Bielefeld, though.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Don't think we will see him playing instead of Ortega at Bielefeld, though.

Ortega is probably expected to leave, if not this then next summer? Either way, it's probably better to be a #2 goalkeeper in a 1. Bundesliga club than #3 in a 2. Bundesliga one... 😅

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, nudge said:

The next one...

A bit disappointed with the transfer fee. Reportedly only 4.5m with 1m add-ons.

Such an odd market if one of our genuine few high quality players (even though I didn't rate him as highly as others) leaves for 5.5 mil, but Josh Fucking Sargent goes for 10. 

On 15/08/2021 at 07:28, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Such an odd market if one of our genuine few high quality players (even though I didn't rate him as highly as others) leaves for 5.5 mil, but Josh Fucking Sargent goes for 10. 

Premier League teams spend stupid money.  No way was Sargent worth 10mil.

On 15/08/2021 at 07:28, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Gutted. 

I would have loved for Augsburg to find some way to make this work. Absolutely love him. 

Bremen went to the bank with Sargent, I think Norwich will lose money on that deal.