talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Werder Bremen Thread

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

In all seriousness though, this seems like the perfect match. Couldn't think of a more suitable coach for them. Hopefully he'll big successful! Seems like a nice down to earth guy too. 

Yes! I really hope it works out; love him and think he's a perfect fit. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Can you tell me something about Justin Nijnmah from Werder II Google can't? Asking because I read we're interested in signing him?

Personally, haven't seen him play, but he's having an incredible season and there were calls from some local fans to give him a chance in our main squad. Our reserves usually play a diamond formation with him as one of the two strikers; he didn't perform very well and was usually being too egoistic at the start of the season, but seems to have improved, especially in terms of teamwork. Frankly, can't say much else...

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, nudge said:

Personally, haven't seen him play, but he's having an incredible season and there were calls from some local fans to give him a chance in our main squad. Our reserves usually play a diamond formation with him as one of the two strikers; he didn't perform very well and was usually being too egoistic at the start of the season, but seems to have improved, especially in terms of teamwork. Frankly, can't say much else...

Thanks! 14 goals in 17 RL matches is tempting, especially since he's German and still under 23 years old next season. His contract expiring at the end of this season adds to the attraction, although if the first team is indeed within his reach we're probably not considered by him.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Thanks! 14 goals in 17 RL matches is tempting, especially since he's German and still under 23 years old next season. His contract expiring at the end of this season adds to the attraction, although if the first team is indeed within his reach we're probably not considered by him.

Yeah, I honestly don't think he'll be an option for the first team any time soon. Maybe will train with them during the winter break, and maybe will be part of extended squad once or twice next year as a result, but I don't think he'll get anywhere near getting a proepr chance. So I wouldn't be surprised if he moved again in summer!

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.sport1.de/news/fussball/2016/03/fussball-marvin-ducksch-zeigt-bruder-an-der-muss-ins-gefaengnis

I did not know this about Marvin Ducksch. His older brother used his identity on an online dating platform, and managed to steal 8000 € from a woman. Marvin reported his own brother and got him jailed for three years. :o 

• Wow 2

• Subscriber

Training camp has been cancelled, as 4 players and one of the coaches tested positive yesterday. Niclas Füllkrug, Manuel Mbom, Milos Veljkovic and Marco Friedl are the ones who tested positive (plus Weiser who tested positive earlier). It's Friedl's second time in less than two months.

Edited by nudge
  • Sad 1

• Subscriber
On 10/12/2021 at 17:29, Rucksackfranzose said:

Can you tell me something about Justin Nijnmah from Werder II Google can't? Asking because I read we're interested in signing him?

In case you're still interested - he just signed a professional contract with us and moved to BVB on loan until the end of 2022/2023 season, with an option to buy. Will play for BVB II in the 3. Liga.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Isn't directly connected to SVW, but am unsure where to post it. Former Werder manager Markus Anfang conceded using forged vaccination documents to the Bremen public prosecutor in December.

Will probably just get a hefty fine, but has ruined his career and his image for something stupid like that.

17 hours ago, nudge said:

Will probably just get a hefty fine, but has ruined his career and his image for something stupid like that.

Sounds like they may bring criminal charges against him now for being in Köln during Carnival.  Unreal.

18 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Isn't directly connected to SVW, but am unsure where to post it. Former Werder manager Markus Anfang conceded using forged vaccination documents to the Bremen public prosecutor in December.

Until he gets another job he will be Werder's ex-coach xD.