talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Werder Bremen Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Former Werder Bremen manager Markus Anfang has been banned from football for a year after using a fake Covid-19 vaccination certificate.

Anfang, 47, has been fined 20,000 euros (£16,700), while his former assistant Florian Junge, 36, was banned for 10 months and fined 3,000 euros (£2,500).

Markus Anfang: Former Werder Bremen boss banned from football after using fake Covid-19 certificate - BBC Sport

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Another defender out... Weiser will miss several weeks with muscle bundle tear. 

A very bad timing with all those injuries coming up right before a run of important matches. Darmstadt, St. Pauli, Schalke in the next few weeks, and we're missing three regulars in the defence. 

The only positive is that Chiarodia might get a proper chance in the first team now. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Yeah, this is the part where we finish 3rd, fail to go up, and fall away into oblivion. 

To be honest, I'm not looking forward to getting promoted anyway. The prospect of playing against relegation again doesn't sound particularly tempting...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, nudge said:

To be honest, I'm not looking forward to getting promoted anyway. The prospect of playing against relegation again doesn't sound particularly tempting...

Funny how that works.  For me the greatest part of football is being on the cusp of success, not the actual grasping of it.  The thrill of the hunt some might say.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

So a while ago, Werder and Umbro asked the fans to send photos of their Werder-related tattoos. Today, they announced a new one-time Event kit which features some of those tattoos. Pretty good idea, but the result is this monstrosity: 

xD

Damn.

csm_60a7c0e7549f49eb6433c7d2e38ef91a6520

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

So a while ago, Werder and Umbro asked the fans to send photos of their Werder-related tattoos. Today, they announced a new one-time Event kit which features some of those tattoos. Pretty good idea, but the result is this monstrosity: 

xD

Damn.

csm_60a7c0e7549f49eb6433c7d2e38ef91a6520

Yikes. xD

I also like how in the picture of the tweet, it's Marco Friedl on the left, and Leonardo Bittencourt on the right. But to the untrained eye it could be one and the same person due to similarities in hairstyle and beard. 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Yikes. xD

I also like how in the picture of the tweet, it's Marco Friedl on the left, and Leonardo Bittencourt on the right. But to the untrained eye it could be one and the same person due to similarities in hairstyle and beard. 

Bet it's a strategy to confuse and blind Aue players on Sunday xD

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...