talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Werder Bremen Thread

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Michael said:

So it seems like Oliver Burke is returning to the Bundesliga. It seems like only yesterday when Scotsman Burke was impressing as a teenager at RB Leipzig several years ago. He went on to have spells at other clubs such as West Bromwich, Celtic, Alaves, Sheffield United and Millwall. 

Burke has a lot of experience despite still only being 25 years of age. I think he should be a good addition to the Werder Bremen squad.

Thank you, Mr. Encyclopedia :P 

I'm more interested in Jens Stage though. Do you know anything about him? We apparently paid 4m for him, which is plenty for our standards, so I'm quite intrigued!

5 hours ago, nudge said:

I'm more interested in Jens Stage though. Do you know anything about him? We apparently paid 4m for him, which is plenty for our standards, so I'm quite intrigued!

Jens Dalsgaard Stage (born 8 November 1996) is a Danish professional footballer who plays for Bundesliga side Werder Bremen. Stage is a versatile player, who has been deployed as a full-back, midfielder, winger and forward.

:ph34r:

• Haha 4

On 30/06/2022 at 14:04, nudge said:

I've not seen Copenhagen play too much over the past 2 years, but he's probably a decent player. Werder will be hoping he's as good as Delaney was. Jens Stage has one cap for a very strong Danish team, hopefully he turns out to be a very competent player for Werder.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Must say we've made some very interesting transfers this summer, especially compared to the deals in the past few years. Really looking forward to see how all of them do in the Bundesliga. We need to go back to the times when our scouting department used to find players with plenty of potential and make clever deals; that's literally the only way we can keep up with the rich clubs.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

More good news! Hope he stays injury free and finish his career at the club. I still remember his debut and also his first ever Bundesliga goal for us. Was very disappointed that it didn't work out and we let him go, and I admit I was a bit skeptical when we resigned him, but in hindsight, it was really worth it.

• Subscriber

So Füllkrug not only signed a contract extension for 3 more years, but also agreed to lower his wages by 30%. According to him, he's not the only player in the club to do that, either. Good to hear stuff like that.

https://www.deichstube.de/news/werder-bremen-niclas-fuellkrug-ueber-gehalt-neuer-vertrag-den-tod-musste-ich-sterben-geld-verzicht-bundesliga-zr-91676732.html#idAnchComments

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Finally, some good financial news - the club has announced a 6 million profit in the last fiscal year. Might not seem like much, but for some context, we made a loss of almost 24 million in 2019/20, and of almost 9 million in 20/21, so this is a nice change which shows that we're making all the necessary steps back to financial stability. Definitely not an easy task, given the circumstances.

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

So it appears I was right xD he had a party at a nightclub and overslept xD 

https://www.weser-kurier.de/werder/profis/werder-bremen-weitere-details-zur-suspendierung-von-marvin-ducksch-doc7n8rm97fvyp13gs3hd4p?

The funniest part is that Burke partied with him, but arrived on time and fully fit, whereas Ducksch turned up late and was not in a good condition. That'll teach him not to drink with the Scotts xD

• Haha 2

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Dreierlachs? 🤔xD

Don't ask xD For some reason, last season he started calling 3 points a Dreierlachs, and now does it after every win xD Maybe he just really likes salmon or something :ph34r:xD 

• Haha 2