talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Werder Bremen Thread

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Werder are interested in Hertha's Mittelstädt. Apparently there are talks about a free transfer in the summer. 

Would make sense, especially since Jung's contract is expiring next summer, too. Probably similar quality as Jung, but younger and faster, so no complaints there if he comes on a free transfer. Hopefully, Buchanan develops properly and becomes a regular LB though. 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
On 03/01/2023 at 06:00, Coma said:

Hope he gets a lot of playing time at Kaiserslautern and returns stronger in the summer. He definitely still has a role to play for us, but understandably wants more minutes than he is getting now.

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Quite an important read. Respect to him for seeking help and speaking up. 

Hopefully the worst is behind him now. And yes, it's quite important that it gets normalised, because that's what can happen to any human being. It is a shame that it's still a bit of a taboo for so many. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Hopefully the worst is behind him now. And yes, it's quite important that it gets normalised, because that's what can happen to any human being. It is a shame that it's still a bit of a taboo for so many. 

Yeah, even if it has improved massively in the last decade or so, it still can be a hard thing to admit and talk about. Especially for men.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah, even if it has improved massively in the last decade or so, it still can be a hard thing to admit and talk about. Especially for men.

Indeed. The impact of Enke's death in that regard was not significant enough at all. 

• Like 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Indeed. The impact of Enke's death in that regard was not significant enough at all. 

Yeah, even if the attitudes are changing, there's still a stigma around men's mental health. Suicide is the single biggest cause of death among men under 50, and yet there is still this societal pressure on men to always be strong, resilient, stoic, unemotional and to not show any "weaknesses". Stupid af.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Philipp in.

Burke out.

I was so sure that nothing would happen in the remaining transfer window, I haven't even bothered to read the news xD There were rumours about Maximilian Philipp, but I just couldn't believe it. Another clever transfer given our resources; I wonder if there's an option to buy at the end of the season. Philipp should at least provide competition for Ducksch, at the very least!

A bit disappointed that Burke didn't work out for us; he did score some very important goals at the start of the season, but was unable to build on that, unfortunately. 

Edited by nudge
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

I was so sure that nothing would happen in the remaining transfer window, I haven't even bothered to read the news xD There were rumours about Maximilian Philipp, but I just couldn't believe it. Another clever transfer given our resources; I wonder if there's an option to buy at the end of the season. Philipp should at least provide competition for Ducksch, at the very least!

A bit disappointed that Burke didn't work out for us; he did score some very important goals at the start of the season, but was unable to build on that, unfortunately. 

I completely forgot that Philipp is at Wolfsburg to be honest. xD But yea, sounds like a good deal for you guys. Hertha wanted him as well. 

Also, I'm pretty sure Ducksch only works in the 2. Bundesliga. Like Terrode. 😅

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I completely forgot that Philipp is at Wolfsburg to be honest. xD But yea, sounds like a good deal for you guys. Hertha wanted him as well. 

Also, I'm pretty sure Ducksch only works in the 2. Bundesliga. Like Terrode. 😅

I'm not too critical of Ducksch, personally. Even if he won't ever be a goal-machine in the 1. Bundesliga and even if there are some other things to be unhappy with, he still managed to get 3 goals and 7 assists so far, not so bad for someone in a promoted team! He still has something to offer to the team, in my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, nudge said:

I'm not too critical of Ducksch, personally. Even if he won't ever be a goal-machine in the 1. Bundesliga and even if there are some other things to be unhappy with, he still managed to get 3 goals and 7 assists so far, not so bad for someone in a promoted team! He still has something to offer to the team, in my opinion. 

I didn't know the statistics in depth, but yea that sounds decent. He wasn't nowhere near that when he played for us in the Bundesliga, so I thought he had become rather invisible again. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/02/2023 at 13:24, nudge said:

A couple lines in there that really caught my eye.  Potential 95% withdrawal rate of investment, and who would be buying the shares (potential Arab, Chinese, or Russian investors) is the scary shit.

Does something like this go to a full AGM vote (down the road if another offer comes along) or does/did the elected board make the decision to reject it?  I wasn't clear on that.

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Coma said:

A couple lines in there that really caught my eye.  Potential 95% withdrawal rate of investment, and who would be buying the shares (potential Arab, Chinese, or Russian investors) is the scary shit.

Does something like this go to a full AGM vote (down the road if another offer comes along) or does/did the elected board make the decision to reject it?  I wasn't clear on that.

The Präsidium of the club (e.V.) has the final say in these matters, and they were the ones who rejected the offer. The Supervisory Board and the Board of Directors of the GmbH & Co. KGaA advised to accept further talks and letter of intent, but the Präsidium decided against it unanimously. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Interesting.

He's supposed to play for U23/U19 at first, hopefully will develop well enough to make it to the first team... He's got Indonesian roots!

• Wow 1
  • Upvote 1