talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Werder Bremen Thread

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Coma said:

Love the crest of Oakland Roots.  They've done well there.  Never heard of this kid though.

Hopefully, you will in the near future B| But I honestly have low expectations for our youth recruitment. Can't think of the last player we signed for the youth or reserve teams who managed to make a breakthrough and become a regular in the first team...

14 minutes ago, nudge said:

Hopefully, you will in the near future B| But I honestly have low expectations for our youth recruitment. Can't think of the last player we signed for the youth or reserve teams who managed to make a breakthrough and become a regular in the first team...

This will change very quickly in my opinion. Have high hopes for Justin Njinmah.

• Upvote 1

I think that the acquisition of Naby Keita on a free transfer from Liverpool is an excellent signing by Werder Bremen. If he manages to avoid injuries, he could become a key player for the club. He didn't have the best time at Liverpool last season, mainly due to injuries and the clubs poor form. But he played an important role in the 2021/22 season, where he played in around 40 games for them in all competitions and helped Liverpool finish 2nd in the league.

Injuries have been a real issue with Keita throughout his career, but if they can keep him fit, Keita could be a real force to be reconned with. The Bundesliga should suit his style of play as well and despite spending 5 seasons at Liverpool, he is still only 28 years of age. His footballing ability and experience, should prove to be key in helping improve Werder's performances in the upcoming years.

• Upvote 1

On 03/07/2023 at 16:16, Rucksackfranzose said:

Werder legend and WC74 winner Horst-Dieter Höttges passed away aged 79. RIP Eisenfuß

Only just seen this. Höttges played in both the 1966 World Cup final and the 1974 World Cup final.

RIP to another footballing legend of the past.

Keita already out for a few weeks after taking a knock. @nudge - get used to this, it's mental how often he gets injured. One time he left the match in a stretcher but it turned out all he had wrong with him was a bruise... so I dunno how much of it is in his head and how much is legitimate, but this guy's constantly injured nowadays.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Keita already out for a few weeks after taking a knock. @nudge - get used to this, it's mental how often he gets injured. One time he left the match in a stretcher but it turned out all he had wrong with him was a bruise... so I dunno how much of it is in his head and how much is legitimate, but this guy's constantly injured nowadays.

Yeah it's a but frustrating, but I mean, that was a risky move and also the sole reason why we were able to get him in the first place, so that's to be expected... If he stays fit for at least half a season, I'll be happy.

Just now, nudge said:

Yeah it's a but frustrating, but I mean, that was a risky move and also the sole reason why we were able to get him in the first place, so that's to be expected... If he stays fit for at least half a season, I'll be happy.

He takes a while to get back into form after his spells on the sidelines, so it's a bit frustrating tbh. Basically as soon as he's played himself into form again, the next injury is any second away.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Senne Lynen moves to Werder Bremen | SV Werder Bremen

Werder Bremen have officially announced the signing of Belgium midfielder Senne Lynen today from Union Saint Gilloise. Union SG finished 2nd in the Belgian league last season, level on points with the winner of the league Genk. They also had a decent run in the Europa League last season. But I am not sure how good midfielder Senne Lynen actually is. It will be interesting to see how well he plays for Werder Bremen and how he develops at the club next season.

• 2 months later...