talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Werder Bremen Thread

7 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

:thumbdown: I can confirm he is not referring to THE REAL PROCESS developing at carrington. It's most likely the Paolo "three cups of tea a day "process that has his trust... 

What on earth are you on about?

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Theo's injury appears to be pretty serious and he will miss the winter training camp as well as first few matches of the Rückrunde.

:( 

I felt so sorry for him yesterday. Tried to throw himself into that shot, and twisted his knee in such a nasty way in the process. You could see by the look on his face that he knew that it's something a bit more serious. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

I felt so sorry for him yesterday. Tried to throw himself into that shot, and twisted his knee in such a nasty way in the process. You could see by the look on his face that he knew that it's something a bit more serious. 

Yeah; especially as he's someone who never fakes injuries. Gutted for him and for us. Lang's chance to shine now I guess...

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Yeah; especially as he's someone who never fakes injuries. Gutted for him and for us. Lang's chance to shine now I guess...

Lang was actually pretty solid for Gladbach. I was surprised that they let him go after just one season. But than again, they signed a VERY decent replacement with Lainer. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Lang was actually pretty solid for Gladbach. I was surprised that they let him go after just one season. But than again, they signed a VERY decent replacement with Lainer. 

I hope he can show that he deserves a place in the first team. So far he was far from convincing. Granted he didn't play much and playing in our defence makes everyone look less than convincing anyway xD 

• Haha 2

Just now, nudge said:

I hope he can show that he deserves a place in the first team. So far he was far from convincing. Granted he didn't play much and playing in our defence makes everyone look less than convincing anyway xD 

If he doesn't, he's always welcome at Fortuna Düsseldorf! Unter den Blinden ist der einäugige König. :D

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

At the beginning of the current season Bremen stated that their target was Europe yet at the winter break they are second bottom. They have failed to strengthen the team in areas such as central defence and anywhere in the midfield. The loan players, with the exception of Lang, have been terrible. Is their any hope of Bremen staying in the Bundesliga?

• Subscriber

So reportedly we have reached an agreement with Felix Agu for a free transfer next summer; potentially he might even join during this transfer window already if we're willing to pay Osnabrück around 400k to let him leave now. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

I think what you guys need for the second half of the season is one more loss, to get back onto the right track. One loss, and than you can start winning again. Please tell the team. 

We have five "new" injuries at least (Lang, Augustinsson, Bargfrede, Veljkovic, Bittencourt are all doubtful) and no new players so far so one more loss wouldn't be surprising at all.

:bye: 

• Thanks 1

Hi people - back home and as if to show that anything is possible I am watching the sort of performance in Hamburg which is totally alien to 04's recent past - no Burgstaller and already 7 good chances - one completed and most by Gregoritsch leading up front with players behind full of running and very few passes back to the keeper.  If we can do it, surely your lot can Inga! - someone said the guy was a mid-field player - but he's already the best forward we have had this season!:D:DxD - happy days again!

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

Hi people - back home and as if to show that anything is possible I am watching the sort of performance in Hamburg which is totally alien to 04's recent past - no Burgstaller and already 7 good chances - one completed and most by Gregoritsch leading up front with players behind full of running and very few passes back to the keeper.  If we can do it, surely your lot can Inga! - someone said the guy was a mid-field player - but he's already the best forward we have had this season!:D:DxD - happy days again!

In all fairness you're playing against HSV though... :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Vogt and Selke. Not bad for our financial means (i.e. no money)!

I love Davie and am happy to have him back. Should work well with Rashica and take a bit of the pressure off him. We need someone like him to annoy opposition defenders; also considering that we're one of the teams with the most crosses per game, we badly need someone strong, tall and robust on the end of it. Also he's a "Mentalitätsmonster" we can surely use in the relegation fight :D

18 month loan with a must-buy clause at the end of it.