talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Werder Bremen Thread

• Subscriber

Next transfer for us, a young talented Swedish right back, Felix Beijmo from Djurgardens IF! He's just passed his medical, transfer to be announced later today. Now it's time to sign a couple of midfielders...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Our pre-season starts today...  Baumann just confirmed in the press conference that we're looking to sign three more players for the first team - a backup GK and two midfielders. Kohfeldt intends to play bold, attacking football this season and develop a winning mentality within the team. I'm getting excited already! :D 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I'm not. Too much quality walking out the door.

Depends on who we sign for defensive/central midfield, in my opinion.

A quick look to the squad:

GK: Pavlenka, Plogmann, Drobny
CB: Veljkovic, Moisander, Langkamp, Friedl
LB: Augustinsson, Friedl, (Beste, Jacobsen)
RB: Gebre Selassie, Beijmo
DM: Bargfrede, Käuper
CM: Maxi Egesstein, Möhwald, (Mbom)
FW/ST: Kruse, Osako, Harnik, Kainz, Rashica, Bartels, Jojo Eggestein, (Sargent)

The team's looking good pretty much everywhere else, but we definitely lack and need improvements in the center of the pitch now that both Delaney and Junuzovic are gone. If Baumann signs the right players for it, I'm pretty positive about our prospects. If not... well, shouldn't be worse than a few last seasons...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

First test matches at Zillertal today, 11am against FK Pribram, and then 1pm against Duisburg. 

Starting XI for the first one: Plogmann - Beijmo, Friedl, Vollert, Beste - Wagner, Mbom, Käuper - Kainz, Johannsson - Sargent

• Subscriber

1-1 FT, good first half, disappointing second. Sargent, Käuper, Mbom, Wagner left quite a good impression.

Duisburg next in a few minutes, starting XI: Pavlenka - Gebre Selassie, Langkamp, Moisander, Jacobsen - Bargfrede, Maxi Eggestein, Möhwald - Kruse, Jojo Eggestein, Harnik
Subs: Friedl - Straudi, Wagner, Gruev - Sargent

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Relling said:

nudge: do you still think that Kohlfeldt will prove to have been be given the the big job to early like Nouri and Skripnik, or is his success of the more sustainable sort? 

I'm already afraid to make any predicitions, haha! Must admit I was skeptical when he was first appointed, but he won over me with time, as I think he improved the way we play enormously, and seems to also be highly respected and supported by the players. Looks like he has a clear idea for the club, both when it comes to tactics, squad building, youth development, etc., and I like his no-nonsense approach and directness. 

But then I was also very positive about Nouri until he completely alienated most of the squad and his own coaching team after a terrific half season, so yeah, I don't know. I have a good feeling about him, and I hope it works out. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 7/23/2018 at 18:44, Relling said:

Thank you for the reply. I also hope it works out for you guys. 

One more thing regarding Kohfeldt: I noticed that pretty much all players who either signed new contract extensions or who joined us this summer (esp. Osako and Klaassen) name him as the main reason why they decided to do it; apparently he is very convincing about the path the club is going to take and they want to be a part of it. 

Nottingham Forest goalkeeper Stefanos Kapinos has joined Werder Bremen.

The 24-year-old made four appearances for Forest in the 2017/18 season, following a move from Olympiacos. 

And Forest have replaced him with Luke Steele

Steele moves to the City Ground on a two-year contract after the 33-year-old left Bristol City at the end of last season.

The former Man Utd stopper made 10 appearances last season.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Our squad for tomorrow's Pokal match:

Jiri Pavlenka, Luca Plogmann, Theodor Gebre Selassie, Milos Veljkovic, Niklas Moisander, Sebastian Langkamp, Ludwig Augustinsson, Marco Friedl, Philipp Bargfrede, Ole Käuper, Maximilian Eggestein, Davy Klaassen, Yuya Osako, Florian Kainz, Milot Rashica, Max Kruse, Johannes Eggestein, Claudio Pizarro.

Getting excited already... Will be interesting to see who makes it into the starting XI upfront with Kruse. My guess is Kainz and Osako.

• Like 1