talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Werder Bremen Thread

13 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

Now if they had done that at the Veltins the idiots there would have accepted that and let him go for a few Euros.  Seems like a similar deal with Kabak at present.  Question is why would you even think of letting such a good player leave?

You're talking Rashica here, I suppose?

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

Now if they had done that at the Veltins the idiots there would have accepted that and let him go for a few Euros.  Seems like a similar deal with Kabak at present.  Question is why would you even think of letting such a good player leave?

Dire financial situation, which is made even worse by no matchday revenue in foreseeable future. We're expected to make a 40 million Euro loss this season, and have already taken a 20 million credit to ensure liquidity for this season - first time in the club's history. 

Schalke's financial situation is even worse, with over 200 million debt and relegation looming.

16 minutes ago, nudge said:

Dire financial situation, which is made even worse by no matchday revenue in foreseeable future. We're expected to make a 40 million Euro loss this season, and have already taken a 20 million credit to ensure liquidity for this season - first time in the club's history. 

Schalke's financial situation is even worse, with over 200 million debt and relegation looming.

Saturday showed that both teams have the potential to be good enough, even at this late stage, to avoid the drop - your position is better with a guy in charge who seems to know what he is doing which is the difference at the moment.  Not sure if Gross could even list the players on the books from memory and as for their individual abilities he is a few years behind the present situation and still believes that former good players are still up to BL standard - unless he realises that soon, it will be too late to avoid the inevitable.  No such problem in Bremen - you just need to get them all fit to play and out of the medical room!

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

Saturday showed that both teams have the potential to be good enough, even at this late stage, to avoid the drop - your position is better with a guy in charge who seems to know what he is doing which is the difference at the moment.  Not sure if Gross could even list the players on the books from memory and as for their individual abilities he is a few years behind the present situation and still believes that former good players are still up to BL standard - unless he realises that soon, it will be too late to avoid the inevitable.  No such problem in Bremen - you just need to get them all fit to play and out of the medical room!

None of it changes the fact that both clubs have serious financial difficulties and need to sell their most valuable players in order to survive.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Considering they were battling relegation last season I'd say Kohfeldt has done wonders with the same players.  Even with the loss of Klaasen, who was awesome imo.  Are there financial issues at Bremen or is the COVID stuff just hindering them like everyone else?

6 minutes ago, Coma said:

Considering they were battling relegation last season I'd say Kohfeldt has done wonders with the same players.  Even with the loss of Klaasen, who was awesome imo.  Are there financial issues at Bremen or is the COVID stuff just hindering them like everyone else?

Finances, Covid, all the usual bullshit. Team has 6 good players in it. If that. 

Yeah, it's been a better season, given we have a worse squad, but we've been luckier with injuries this season, played that fucking awful cunt Osako less, and we can now defend(sometimes) and defend set pieces. 

• Subscriber

The finances are awful at the moment. We were on a good course pre-covid, with a record turnover and  a healthy profit in last season before covid. With covid, we lost around 40 million of revenue last season, resulting in a loss of over 20 million, and now have negative equity and are in debt for the first time. Had to take a loan of 20 million at the start of the season already, and are now looking for another 15-20 million one from SME bonds, all just to ensure liquidity. It isn't looking good at all. 

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

The finances are awful at the moment. We were on a good course pre-covid, with a record turnover and  a healthy profit in last season before covid. With covid, we lost around 40 million of revenue last season, resulting in a loss of over 20 million, and now have negative equity and are in debt for the first time. Had to take a loan of 20 million at the start of the season already, and are now looking for another 15-20 million one from SME bonds, all just to ensure liquidity. It isn't looking good at all. 

It'll all come good when we sell Milot for 16 million less than he's worth, then get relegated when we replace him with Deni Avdic (the long awaited return) 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

It'll all come good when we sell Milot for 16 million less than he's worth, then get relegated when we replace him with Deni Avdic (the long awaited return) 

It's all good though as we'll finally buy Selke for 10million this summer, together with Avdic he'll tear the 2. Liga apart! 

10 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Finances, Covid, all the usual bullshit. Team has 6 good players in it. If that. 

Yeah, it's been a better season, given we have a worse squad, but we've been luckier with injuries this season, played that fucking awful cunt Osako less, and we can now defend(sometimes) and defend set pieces. 

Out of curiosity, who do you view as the 6 good players?

49 minutes ago, Rebel Yelle said:

Out of curiosity, who do you view as the 6 good players?

In rough order of best to least best

1 Rashica 
2. Toprak
3. Augustinson
4. Egg boi (inconsistent however) 
5. Pavlenka(inconsistent)
6. Friedl 

Bittencourt is too inconsistent to make the list, as is Sargent(if the lad could finish he'd be dangerous however) Fullkrug and Selke need to get fit and motivated, but I can see either of them coming good, or staying shite. Coin flip. 

Mohwald was free, so I consider him a good pick up. But not one of our best 6. I have nothing against Gebre, but he's old and slow and it's giving me Fritz flashbacks. 

We DESPERATLEY need a consistent and good CM. The clubs existence in the top flight depends on it IMO. I'd give a testicle to have prime Junuzovic in this team. The defensive organization is decent. We just need a hard worker who can more consistently bring our forward line into the game and retain the ball better. 

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

Watching that game last night against Mainz, it's hard to see where Bremen are going to get the goals to pull away from the relegation zone.  I'm not saying they'll go down... I still think Hertha and Koeln are inept enough to be favorites.  When Bremen brought on Selke for Fullkrug I just rolled my eyes.  It's not like there were any other options, but wow.  I've watched a lot of Bremen matches this season and Selke isn't the answer to any question related to scoring goals.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Coma said:

Watching that game last night against Mainz, it's hard to see where Bremen are going to get the goals to pull away from the relegation zone.  I'm not saying they'll go down... I still think Hertha and Koeln are inept enough to be favorites.  When Bremen brought on Selke for Fullkrug I just rolled my eyes.  It's not like there were any other options, but wow.  I've watched a lot of Bremen matches this season and Selke isn't the answer to any question related to scoring goals.

I agree, although Füllkrug was so shockingly bad yesterday, that bringing Selke on for him didn't make any difference, anyway... Kohfeldt probably brought him and Dinkci because of their height, hoping for some lucky header in the last minute of the match. But yeah, our goal scoring has been atrocious for a long time now.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Rebel Yelle said:

Is it worth it to sack Kohfeldt and hope for a bounce for the last 3 games?

Our next league match is only in two weeks, so a new head coach would have some time to prepare for the remaining 3 matches. That said, who would we appoint? I think we have absolutely no good interim solution, so Kohfeldt will stay...  Maybe put Thomas Schaaf in charge for the remainder of the season and hope for the repeat of 1999.

• Upvote 1