talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Werder Bremen Thread

• Subscriber

Hello darkness my old friend... I have absolutely no hopes that it will get any better in a long-run, nevermind who takes or doesn't take over. It's the same story again and again and again until we finally get relegated and fall apart completely. Slow death of a club.

I suggest dismantling the club and starting anew in the 3. Kreisklasse instead. :ph34r:

I have a great deal of sympathy with Bremen fans at the moment. Last night showed what a lack of confidence in players can do to their performances - something which recent 04 coaches have been really good at.  The ability is there and at times at the beginning of the second half it seemed as if one or two were beginning to believe in their own abilities, but they needed help up front and the main strikers were sat on the bench.  Such poor decisions lead to this example:  two great youngsters who have grown up with the team and been messed about so much.  despite great performances for National sides, the club leader has sapped their confidence with the result that the Club will now pay for the poor leadership.  Leon has refused to leave in January  so no huge transfer fee.  Max has already hinted the same and both contracts run out in June - two of the best players will leave and not a single Euro will be received by the club so no money for replacements.  Beware Werder fans.  This approach will send your best players away and you will get little or nothing for them. What is happening is not only sad for the supporters, but the BL will be weaker losing such young players to Spain and England.  There are a lot of games left and time to sort it! As I posted to Inga - just keep the faith and cross whatever you feel comfortable with:bye:

• Subscriber
56 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

@Tanksie, @nudge How do you think about the praise Baumann gave Kohfeldt after the match last night? Do you share my feeling that it´s questionable to call a loss in Frankfurt a benchmark for a new manager, to tell the least?

It's laughable, but serves as a good example to show the direction and the level of ambition (or lack of, rather) by the club. When your only serious options are apparently either a cheap internal solution with a U23 coach again (despite the fact that it backfired TWICE already) or Bruno Labbadia, you know that the sole interest of the board is to make money without any consideration for on-pitch success and to maintain the status quo, hence not allowing fresh wind from the outside and choosing to brew in their own juice instead. As long as this mentality remains, there will be no significant changes and no manager will be able to make any difference long-term. 

As for Kohfeldt in particular - I think the fact that he finally decided to make the last 2 substitutions on the 90th minute only and even defended this decision after the match says a lot about his ability to judge the situation and react to it, at least.

• Upvote 3

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, SchalkeUK said:

I have a great deal of sympathy with Bremen fans at the moment. Last night showed what a lack of confidence in players can do to their performances - something which recent 04 coaches have been really good at.  The ability is there and at times at the beginning of the second half it seemed as if one or two were beginning to believe in their own abilities, but they needed help up front and the main strikers were sat on the bench.  Such poor decisions lead to this example:  two great youngsters who have grown up with the team and been messed about so much.  despite great performances for National sides, the club leader has sapped their confidence with the result that the Club will now pay for the poor leadership.  Leon has refused to leave in January  so no huge transfer fee.  Max has already hinted the same and both contracts run out in June - two of the best players will leave and not a single Euro will be received by the club so no money for replacements.  Beware Werder fans.  This approach will send your best players away and you will get little or nothing for them. What is happening is not only sad for the supporters, but the BL will be weaker losing such young players to Spain and England.  There are a lot of games left and time to sort it! As I posted to Inga - just keep the faith and cross whatever you feel comfortable with:bye:

That's nothing new', that's how it's been for the last 10 years already, we've been constantly underselling our key players and losing our best talents. Just overall poor management and poor decision making from the top to the bottom of the club.

Edited by nudge

There is still many non-Bremen people who retain an interest and sort of affection for the club - we gave you our best young player and you put him with the great Diego who turned him from a good player to a great one - something which he still recognises and looks at the weekly results to see how things are going. When he sat with Manuel and Benny in the classroomthey had something special which only needed a transfusion of confidence to make them what they have become - despite Slomka's  lack of belief. There are some young guys at Bremen who only need that sort of leadership and they could be great players - someone needs to spend time not changing the team but trying to find the right leader who can stay for more than a few games and stop swapping the system every three months.  In the UK we are still sacking managers after four or five games which is madness.  If the management make a decision then they must believe and trust their judgement and with more than half the season still to come, give the guy a chance to settle the team and the problems will slowly disappear!

• Subscriber

But you see Alan, the management IS the biggest problem and has been for quite a while now. Coach is just a casualty that gets the boot once things go wrong again after a short time of improvement. Poor choice of coaches, poor allocation of resources, poor squad planning. That was my point in the previous post - nothing is going to change significantly with a lasting effect as long as the management doesn't change. Either mentality-wise or personnel-wise.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Out of interest, where is this information from?

I've just read it in Worum (biggest Werder fans forum). Hope it's not from Bild, haha. At any case, I wouldn't be surprised.

• Subscriber

Ok, so it looks like the "Labbadia or Walpurgis" stuff actually DID come from Bild, so that's a big relief xD 

Baumann is currently in Switzerland, new name is thus thrown into the mix - Adi Hütter of Young Boys Bern.