talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Werder Bremen Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Philipp Bargfrede extended his contract today. He´s seemingly becoming an one club player.

Yes, and he is set to stay at the club by taking a trainee course after he retires as well. Quality player; too bad his career has been marred by injuries, would have developed into a national team player had he stayed fit, in my opinion. 

Great news, and Fin Bartels also extended his contract yesterday :) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
8 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Bad news: Junuzovic is gone. :(

Yes, bad news indeed, but not that unexpected... Apparently we're looking at Bittencourt as his replacement.

We might lose Delaney in the summer as well, that would be another huge blow :( 

No offence to Werder, but I'd like to see Delaney surrounded by better players and see what he could do in Europe once again. If he does leave, to get a couple of seasons of him for such little cost and then sell him on is amazing business.

And this new winger looked quite sharp against Dortmund, I hadn't watched Bremen since he had arrived. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Thomas Schaaf returns to Werder, as technical director. It´s nice to have such an iconic personality back at the league.

Finally, welcome back home, Thomas Schaaf :x

2 hours ago, Inverted said:

No offence to Werder, but I'd like to see Delaney surrounded by better players and see what he could do in Europe once again. If he does leave, to get a couple of seasons of him for such little cost and then sell him on is amazing business.

And this new winger looked quite sharp against Dortmund, I hadn't watched Bremen since he had arrived. 

I'd prefer him to stay so we can build a team around him and finally return to the upper parts of the league table and European competitions... But yeah, it will be hard to keep him, considering playing in England is his dream, too. We also have a horrible record for underselling players, so it probably wouldn't be an amazing business at all :( 

The new winger, you mean Rashica? He's got skill, but needs to work on it, as too often it just ends up in lost possession. Could develop into a good player for us, but I'm not too convinced yet.

We need to keep Pavlenka, Augustinsson, Delaney, Kruse for a few more seasons, find a good replacement for Junuzovic in summer, get the best out of Kainz and Rashica, and develop youngsters like Jojo Eggestein so they can take the next step and become regulars for the first team. 

21 minutes ago, nudge said:

Finally, welcome back home, Thomas Schaaf :x

I'd prefer him to stay so we can build a team around him and finally return to the upper parts of the league table and European competitions... But yeah, it will be hard to keep him, considering playing in England is his dream, too. We also have a horrible record for underselling players, so it probably wouldn't be an amazing business at all :( 

The new winger, you mean Rashica? He's got skill, but needs to work on it, as too often it just ends up in lost possession. Could develop into a good player for us, but I'm not too convinced yet.

We need to keep Pavlenka, Augustinsson, Delaney, Kruse for a few more seasons, find a good replacement for Junuzovic in summer, get the best out of Kainz and Rashica, and develop youngsters like Jojo Eggestein so they can take the next step and become regulars for the first team. 

You got a fucking unbelievable, complete midfielder for like 2 million euros! If he left on a free I'd still say it was good business :D

But I can understand that he's the type of character you'd want captaining your team for years. The thing is, if he was going to do that at any club he'd have stayed at FCK.

Edited by Inverted

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Inverted said:

You got a fucking unbelievable, complete midfielder for like 2 million euros! If he left on a free I'd still say it was good business :D

But I can understand that he's the type of character you'd want captaining your team for years. The thing is, if he was going to do that at any club he'd have stayed at FCK.

Oh, I'm under no illusion that we have a chance of keeping him for much longer; we're nowhere near the level we used to be, and even back then we struggled to keep top-players in the club. It's just so annoying to lose our best ones each year for ridiculously low transfer fees, and fail to find proper replacements. 

• Subscriber

According to Kicker, we're close to signing Köln's Leonardo Bittencourt (reported transfer fee between 6-8m €). I soooo hope it goes through, a class player, think he would suit us well too. The only disadvantage is his injury proneness, but it's definitely worth a gamble. 

Kruse, Bartels, Kainz, Rashica, Bittencourt, Johannsson + Johannes Eggestein and Josh Sargent as youth talents; our attacking options definitely sound good enough for me! Apparently Kevin Möhwald is also set to sign for us, so central midfield looks quite flexible too with Delaney, Maxi Eggestein, Bargfrede, Gondorf + Käuper and potentially Mbob as backup options from the youth. Defence should be OK, we have three reliable center backs in Moisander, Veljkovic and Langkamp, but there's a lack of backup (Caldirola will probably leave and there are no real options from our reserves/youth), and we only have TGS as the only option at RB (Bauer is definitely leaving), while Augustinsson and Friedl have LB well covered. If we manage to keep our current regulars and also sign a strong, robust defensive midfielder for the first team, a backup CB and a backup RB during the summer, I'd be very happy with the squad for the new season.

Kruse, Augustinsson and Pavlenka probably are on the radar of quite a few clubs, but it looks like they are willing to stay, and I hope we manage to keep them all for at least one more season. We'll probably lose Delaney though, and he will surely be a tough one to replace...

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Fuck off BVB. I hope we'll sell him to some English club for a ridiculous transfer fee instead :ph34r:

Seriously, I don't think we'll let him go before World Cup, and I hope we won't settle for 15 million Euro. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, nudge said:

Dc5_qDiXcAEghCZ.jpg

I must get Mertesacker's book now xD 

Is he really writing a book? I will definitely read that. Also interesting to see that Mesut drinks. He doesn't seem to be such a hardcore muslim, considering he also has tattoos and was caught smoking. 

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Tommy said:

Is he really writing a book? I will definitely read that. Also interesting to see that Mesut drinks. He doesn't seem to be such a hardcore muslim, considering he also has tattoos and was caught smoking. 

Yes, and not only that - he actually wrote it together with Rafael Honigstein, hehe... It went on sale yesterday: https://www.amazon.de/Weltmeister-ohne-Talent-Leben-Karriere/dp/386493057X I'm definitely getting it too :D 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

So there was something to all those rumours of being involved when you guys got Gnabry from Arsenal. I still wonder in what capacity? Did anything more ever come out?

Rummenigge: "I think the development of Gnabry is very good. At his signing two years ago, I was a bit of a ruling or directing spirit. At the 2016 Olympics, I watched the German Games intensively, and he always gave me the feeling that this could be one for #FCBayern."

Rummenigge: "He has speed, a good dribbling, goal threat, he links up well. Bremen and Hoffenheim were important steps. He should not just be a backup with us now."

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 5/19/2018 at 05:35, Viva la FCB said:

So there was something to all those rumours of being involved when you guys got Gnabry from Arsenal. I still wonder in what capacity? Did anything more ever come out?

Rummenigge: "I think the development of Gnabry is very good. At his signing two years ago, I was a bit of a ruling or directing spirit. At the 2016 Olympics, I watched the German Games intensively, and he always gave me the feeling that this could be one for #FCBayern."

Rummenigge: "He has speed, a good dribbling, goal threat, he links up well. Bremen and Hoffenheim were important steps. He should not just be a backup with us now."

Missed this post somehow o.O Yeah, it was always quite obvious that Bayern were involved, I think there was simply some sort of agreement that he'd be allowed to join Bayern after a season, but it's just a wild guess of course. Makes no difference now anyway, haha.