• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Watford Return Back to The Championship

football forum

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 07/05/2022 at 18:14, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Probably bounce straight back up like Norwich.

I'm not as confident to be honest. The model they run where managers is fine when you have a core group of players that are symbolic with the identity of the club. They only have Ben Foster, Craig Cathcart and Tom Cleverly from that group remaining. Losing the likes of Deeney, Capoue, Doucoure, Hughes etc from the FA Cup final team has caught up with them.

They have bought in so many players in the last 12 months that contribute nothing. They really need to bring in some experienced leaders for next season.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm not as confident to be honest. The model they run where managers is fine when you have a core group of players that are symbolic with the identity of the club. They only have Ben Foster, Craig Cathcart and Tom Cleverly from that group remaining. Losing the likes of Deeney, Capoue, Doucoure, Hughes etc from the FA Cup final team has caught up with them.

They have bought in so many players in the last 12 months that contribute nothing. They really need to bring in some experienced leaders for next season.

I agree, and with Foster being 39, I wouldn't be surprised to see him take on a lesser role next season especially with Bachmann knowing on the door to get appearances between the sticks.

4 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

This is massive. You can swap head coach every 6 months if you have a core group of key players who are constantly leading the dressing room. Watford seem to have lost that now

Archived