Championship 2021/22 - Play-offs  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Get Promoted?

• Huddersfield
    • Nottm Forest
    • Sheff Utd
    • Luton

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/05/22 at 18:45

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
11 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Another playoff game spoiled by the supporters.

Vile. They got on their high horse when a Leicester fan went on the pitch in the cup game when they scored. 

Then one of their bellends goes and does that. 

Hope that fan gets banned for life. Probably facing prison for GBH? Hope Sharp is okay too. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Vile. They got on their high horse when a Leicester fan went on the pitch in the cup game when they scored. 

Then one of their bellends goes and does that. 

Hope that fan gets banned for life. Probably facing prison for GBH? Hope Sharp is okay too. 

It sounds like he's been arrested. It will be ABH as thankfully all Billy Sharp required was stitches but I hope he gets some form of prison sentence. It would set a terrible precedent otherwise. Attacking people for doing there job is not on.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

It sounds like he's been arrested. It will be ABH as thankfully all Billy Sharp required was stitches but I hope he gets some form of prison sentence. It would set a terrible precedent otherwise. Attacking people for doing there job is not on.

Yeah it's fucking weird. Totally unprovoked too which makes it worse. 

Never understood playoff pitch invasions for semi finals anyway. 

The attack on Billy Sharp is so bad it almost justifies disqualifying them.

Absolute vile scum and must be one of the worst unprovoked attacks I’ve seen on the pitch, tinpot reactions to scraping a semi-final win too.

I’d still rather Forest go through over Huddersfield Town since that is an absolute nothing club but nonetheless. 

Imagine waiting ages for your club to get back in the Premier League so you could watch them there live against the biggest clubs, only to piss it all down the pan in a moment of madness.

44 minutes ago, DNA said:

The attack on Billy Sharp is so bad it almost justifies disqualifying them.

Absolute vile scum and must be one of the worst unprovoked attacks I’ve seen on the pitch, tinpot reactions to scraping a semi-final win too.

I’d still rather Forest go through over Huddersfield Town since that is an absolute nothing club but nonetheless. 

You can’t disqualify them over a isolated incident like that. 😂

Hope the fucking bellend gets a sentence and goes without saying he better be banned for life. 

2 hours ago, Rick said:

You can’t disqualify them over a isolated incident like that. 😂

Hope the fucking bellend gets a sentence and goes without saying he better be banned for life. 

Forest have banned him for life and he’s been arrested

• Subscriber

Not read everyone else's posts on that but seen the video on social media and that simply has to be a prison sentence of some description. The bloke has sprinted tens of metres to assault someone totally unprovoked. Disgraceful behaviour.

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Not read everyone else's posts on that but seen the video on social media and that simply has to be a prison sentence of some description. The bloke has sprinted tens of metres to assault someone totally unprovoked. Disgraceful behaviour.

Cowardly and dangerous... agree some sort of prison sentence is in order, what a shitty thing to do.. 

12 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Not the first time he's assaulted a fan either.

He's just a massive pikey twat that's lucked out getting a career in Football.

Given the aggressive intent shown by him there, I'd like to think that warrents some form of suspension.

He's supposed to be a role model 🤣

28 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Not the first time he's assaulted a fan either.

Think that's also worthy of an arrest, imo.

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Good. Hopefully he'll get a jail sentence as well. 

Completely uncalled for, no matter the occasion.

Yeah I hope so as well. Not just uncalled for, it's kind of weird - I know some Forest fans and they all hold Billy Sharp in really high regard just from one season where he was on loan with them about a decade ago. They are all incredibly annoyed some idiot would run onto the pitch just to sprint at and headbutt a player most Forest fans have a lot of time for.

I think headbutting too is an aggravating factor so he should get more time in jail than the Leicester fan that assaulted the Forest player earlier this season.

I'm all for people having a good time and I'm certainly not someone to condemn drug use... but I can't help but think all of these recent fan incidents in the last year have something to do with the growing popularity of coke usage at football matches. Cocaine and people making stupid decisions in the heat of the moment go hand in hand, so I wouldn't be surprised to find that this guy was coked out of his mind.

But even if he wasn't, it's still completely unacceptable and a disgrace - either way he should be locked up for this and get more time than the dipshit who punched a Forest player earlier.

• Administrator

I'd love to know the context of the McBurnie thing. Doesn't make what he does right, but we have no idea what the Forest fan did before that. The video appears intentionally short...?

41 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm all for people having a good time and I'm certainly not someone to condemn drug use... but I can't help but think all of these recent fan incidents in the last year have something to do with the growing popularity of coke usage at football matches. Cocaine and people making stupid decisions in the heat of the moment go hand in hand, so I wouldn't be surprised to find that this guy was coked out of his mind.

But even if he wasn't, it's still completely unacceptable and a disgrace - either way he should be locked up for this and get more time than the dipshit who punched a Forest player earlier.

Whilst I don't think drug use can be used as an excuse for this idiots actions, cocaine use amongst football fans has become a more prevailing occurance since lockdown and I imagine will be the next big issue for football clubs to tackle.

I can't post the article as its behind a pay wall but Matt Lawton from The Times went out with East Midlands Police for the Notts County and Grimsby match earlier on this season and his report after was pretty damning. From memory the main findings were weapons being discarded on the train platform after people saw the police were running an operation, the youngest person caught in possession of cocaine was 12 and there was a 100% positive return on all tables swiped on the train coming through (so never put your sandwich down on a train!). 

In short at most clubs what once felt like the 2% is now the 5% and its an issue that the clubs and authorities need to work on together to stop it growing.

Simon Jordan on Talksport was very dismissive about it being a problem for football clubs taking the stance of "Well clubs pay for Police". That attitude isnt going to get anybody anywhere. The cost of policing football to the taxpayer is north of ten million whilst the football clubs together pay a combined fee in the region of 800k so playing the 'pass the buck' game isnt going to improve anything. The only way its going to work is by clubs working with there own security staff and match day police to think of approaches that will successfully tackle the problem which most clubs are no doubt doing.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

He's just a massive pikey twat that's lucked out getting a career in Football.

Given the aggressive intent shown by him there, I'd like to think that warrents some form of suspension.

He's supposed to be a role model 🤣

It should warrant a prison sentence. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

I'd love to know the context of the McBurnie thing. Doesn't make what he does right, but we have no idea what the Forest fan did before that. The video appears intentionally short...?

Yes, intentionally short for a reason, if what happened to Billy is anything to go by we can assume a lot. Having said that, can’t stand McBurnie, biggest flop in the clubs history; can’t wait till he’s off the books.

13 minutes ago, DNA said:

Yes, intentionally short for a reason, if what happened to Billy is anything to go by we can assume a lot. Having said that, can’t stand McBurnie, biggest flop in the clubs history; can’t wait till he’s off the books.

Not Brewster?

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Not Brewster?

He was in a bit of form to be fair to him before his season ending injury, at 22 years old there is hope but the problem isn’t even just his ability it’s also his inflated sense of self, that video of him having his haircut with the Champions League trophy round his neck just about sums it up.

Probably both tied for biggest flops. Good old Chrissy Wilder, love him to bits but shouldn’t be anywhere near transfer strategy for a Premier League club.

4 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Whilst I don't think drug use can be used as an excuse for this idiots actions, cocaine use amongst football fans has become a more prevailing occurance since lockdown and I imagine will be the next big issue for football clubs to tackle.

100%.

Drug use doesn't excuse shitty behavior. Shitloads of people have done cocaine without assaulting anybody ever. But as a former regular cocaine user, I know being a drunk coked up shithead (especially one surrounded by other drunk coked up shitheads)... it definitely makes it easy as fuck to be an idiot who does stupid things. And with the wrong people, those stupid things can be things that are unsafe for people around them (and themselves too tbh). A 12 year old found with cocaine is fucking appalling though.

Shame to hear about Simon Jordan being so dismissive of the situation - I think that's mental. I'm across an ocean and a whole fucking continent and I hear from my brother and friends about how so many people are openly doing coke at Anfield. And since I've had it pointed out to me, I've noticed it a few times on TV (easiest example I can think of that'd be easy to find is that Everton fan that was hiding the ball under his shirt... look at his jaw swinging like a wrecking ball - I have enough experience to know why the fuck his jaw's swinging around like that).

What the fuck are police meant to do to keep thousands of people from bringing cocaine into stadiums any given weekend? Without super invasive security... it's really easy to sneak in a small baggie or vial of cocaine anywhere - have a wallet? Just put it in that...

Drug use is a societal issue - and I say this as someone who is largely "pro-drugs" - it's not something police at a stadium are really going to be able to seriously address. I'm pretty sure substance abuse in every western country went up during the pandemic and lockdown... and tbh, I don't have much issue with people using drugs in the privacy of their own homes - even hard drugs like cocaine, amphetamines, and heroin. But if use of those drugs went up over the last 2 years... that guarantees the number of drug addicts (or at least the seriousness of their addictions) went up as well.

There's no easy answer to the problem. But I think people openly doing cocaine at football matches is going to lead to more unsavory incidents - and that's not an excuse for shit behavior, I think shitty people will behave shittily regardless of whether they're on drugs or not. But people coked out of their fucking minds are probably going to behave poorly more frequently than they otherwise would and are more likely to do stupid (and sometimes dangerous) things.

I think if you're drunk or on drugs and you're committing a violent crime, it shouldn't be a "mitigating factor" or whatever they call it when courts go easier on you for your crime. Violent crimes are bad enough without a drunk and/or coked up idiot commiting them - I'd be inclined to throw the book at violent drug offenders. It doesn't really address the issue of more widespread drug/alcohol use - but it does set a tone that if you're going to do drugs/drink you better not be an absolute fucking moron while changing the way you feel inside your head.

26 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

100%.

Drug use doesn't excuse shitty behavior. Shitloads of people have done cocaine without assaulting anybody ever. But as a former regular cocaine user, I know being a drunk coked up shithead (especially one surrounded by other drunk coked up shitheads)... it definitely makes it easy as fuck to be an idiot who does stupid things. And with the wrong people, those stupid things can be things that are unsafe for people around them (and themselves too tbh). A 12 year old found with cocaine is fucking appalling though.

Shame to hear about Simon Jordan being so dismissive of the situation - I think that's mental. I'm across an ocean and a whole fucking continent and I hear from my brother and friends about how so many people are openly doing coke at Anfield. And since I've had it pointed out to me, I've noticed it a few times on TV (easiest example I can think of that'd be easy to find is that Everton fan that was hiding the ball under his shirt... look at his jaw swinging like a wrecking ball - I have enough experience to know why the fuck his jaw's swinging around like that).

What the fuck are police meant to do to keep thousands of people from bringing cocaine into stadiums any given weekend? Without super invasive security... it's really easy to sneak in a small baggie or vial of cocaine anywhere - have a wallet? Just put it in that...

Drug use is a societal issue - and I say this as someone who is largely "pro-drugs" - it's not something police at a stadium are really going to be able to seriously address. I'm pretty sure substance abuse in every western country went up during the pandemic and lockdown... and tbh, I don't have much issue with people using drugs in the privacy of their own homes - even hard drugs like cocaine, amphetamines, and heroin. But if use of those drugs went up over the last 2 years... that guarantees the number of drug addicts (or at least the seriousness of their addictions) went up as well.

There's no easy answer to the problem. But I think people openly doing cocaine at football matches is going to lead to more unsavory incidents - and that's not an excuse for shit behavior, I think shitty people will behave shittily regardless of whether they're on drugs or not. But people coked out of their fucking minds are probably going to behave poorly more frequently than they otherwise would and are more likely to do stupid (and sometimes dangerous) things.

I think if you're drunk or on drugs and you're committing a violent crime, it shouldn't be a "mitigating factor" or whatever they call it when courts go easier on you for your crime. Violent crimes are bad enough without a drunk and/or coked up idiot commiting them - I'd be inclined to throw the book at violent drug offenders. It doesn't really address the issue of more widespread drug/alcohol use - but it does set a tone that if you're going to do drugs/drink you better not be an absolute fucking moron while changing the way you feel inside your head.

Here in NSW we have a special laws for king hits that cause death. The issue was that a murder charge requires premeditated thought or intent to kill, and to commit manslaughter the offence needs to be dangerous enough that you can foresee a death. So you'd end up with an assault with mitigating from drugs or alcohol. 
So now if you punch a poor bastard in his unprotected head and he dies, you're proper fucked with no protection for being drunk.  

WOW!

I'm showing my age now now as all, I'd do to show up a footy match was to have several pints of lager in me. Th worst part was part was If I forgot to go for a slash before getting on the coach back home I'd be busting.

I guess I'm now an old fart, but I don't get the idea of drugs at a footy match? How can you pay attention if you a spamonauut?

I watched the Forrest United game here in the US so the headbutt wasn't shown but I knew this was a tasty match from the get go. I don''t think the ref had enough control over the match. Maybe it's a I'm better than you lot thing but certainly  the last few end of season games I've watched that have been officiated  by premier league officials have been iffy.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived