Championship 2021/22 - Play-offs  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Get Promoted?

• Huddersfield
    • Nottm Forest
    • Sheff Utd
    • Luton

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/05/22 at 18:45

Jailed for 24 weeks, around £700 in fines, banned for life from Nottingham Forest and a 10 year general football ban; plus apparently his girlfriend can’t pay the mortgage without him now. What an idiot.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, DNA said:

Jailed for 24 weeks, around £700 in fines, banned for life from Nottingham Forest and a 10 year general football ban; plus apparently his girlfriend can’t pay the mortgage without him now. What an idiot.

24 weeks seems lenient, considering he'll probably be out in 12. 

Despite that, the knock-on effect on his life thereafter will be more impacting than the prison sentence. Job prospects out the window on top of the mortgage/GF stuff.

Huddersfield or Forest then?

It should be a decent final. I think I'd prefer Forest because it's another of the 'former big clubs' back in the top flight where they ought to be. It's been nice to see the City Ground with that buzz about it again.

That said, I have a big soft spot for Carlos Corberan who was our under 23's manager and did absolute wonders working with Bielsa for our youth set up. He was also very well liked as a first team coach by the players.

Would be nice to have a Yorkshire derby in the top flight to be fair.

So I guess what I'm saying is, I don't really care either way xD

• Administrator

Huddersfield. For biased reasons. 

Can't fault what Cooper has done at Forest but can't lie if I said I wouldn't take some joy that they fail at the final hurdle. 

On 19/05/2022 at 10:09, DNA said:

_124815418_biggsedited.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-61505835

6 pints apparently, coke would show up to 3 days in a urine test but no indication to whether this was tested or not.

Am I just an alcoholic... or does that seem like not enough alcohol to where he could be blaming being drunk on his behavior?

Less than an hour before the big kick off between Huddersfield and Forest.

Who will truly have the testicular fortitude to win this and gain promotion to the prem?

For me, I lean towards Forest because they've been out of the prem for some time and have performed well (the FA cup run has proven it to an extent), but I'm not too fussed on either one really.

Surprised Huddersfield couldnt sell out their allocation for the final. It should be a massive game for them.

Their fans wouldnt think twice in the Premier League, obviously can't want it that badly.

5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Surprised Huddersfield couldnt sell out their allocation for the final. It should be a massive game for them.

Their fans wouldnt think twice in the Premier League, obviously can't want it that badly.

Very surprising. You'd expect both Championship teams of any stature to sell out there allocation a play off final.

• Subscriber

They've lost their minds with VAR. They'll either spend 5 minutes looking at something to find the pettiest reason to overturn it then shrug off what appears to be a blatant wrong decision and fall back on the "clear and obvious" excuse. Seems to be no in between now.

Good preparation for whichever one of these teams wins because that's what you get every week in the Premier League.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

They've lost their minds with VAR. They'll either spend 5 minutes looking at something to find the pettiest reason to overturn it then shrug off what appears to be a blatant wrong decision and fall back on the "clear and obvious" excuse. Seems to be no in between now.

Good preparation for whichever one of these teams wins because that's what you get every week in the Premier League.

As petty and stupid as it sounds, I'm starting to get more convinced that there is some corruption with how VAR is being used, starting with what you mentioned above.

49 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

As petty and stupid as it sounds, I'm starting to get more convinced that there is some corruption with how VAR is being used, starting with what you mentioned above.

For what it's worth I agree, there is absolutely no way these people can be as useless as they are.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived