talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2021/22 FINAL - Chelsea vs Liverpool

football forum

14 hours ago, Stan said:

Please don't use the Daily Mail as a barometer of what Brits think! 

I wish I could say I agree with this.

There’s more stupid people than sensible people in the world so the daily mail readership does need to be taken into account for the barometer of what we think, unfortunately. The red tops do give us some idea of how 40-60% of the country thinks at any given moment.

And this next part isn’t directed at really anyone on here because I think you all are mostly aware but:

People upset the national anthem and queen were booed should look into why it was booed instead of getting offended & be thankful to live in a country where people can still have political protests.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 15/05/2022 at 15:13, Cicero said:

Can't just single him out to be fair. Chelsea fans have a tendency to bash our entire attack whilst praising Mount at the same time. It was Pulisic yesterday but Mount missed a hattrick of easy chances in the league cup final.  Lukaku skying his shot over the bar on his strong foot after beating VVD to goal should hopefully convince the remaining Chelsea fans who have their heads up his arse that he will never be good enough. 

We missed chances though only remember Lukaku missing one and it bounced before he hit it so would forgive him that though am still in the camp that he is not right for us.

Pulisic is one of our best finishers and also Mount had a chance yet neither could get the shots on target.

Yet let's not forget by my reckoning Diaz created 5 chances and missed them all.

Lol Johnson and the Tories wanted to get involved with the booing of the national anthem - because bullshit social issues are a good distraction from the terrible job they've done running the country: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/05/16/boris-johnson-blasts-jurgen-klopp-defending-liverpool-fans-booing/

Conservative MP and former Culture Secretary Karen Bradley added: “It is utterly unacceptable and disgraceful that fans booed Prince William. I would urge the FA to take all necessary action and pursue those responsible.”

Sir Ed Davey, leader of the Liberal Democrats, said: “We have the most wonderful Monarch and those fans who booed do not represent their clubs or our country.”

xD

"We like free speech, unless it offends us... then we want to punish speech."

On 14/05/2022 at 19:36, Spike said:

FA Cup should always be after the league finishes. I think it is atrocious how the FA cup is treated

It should be, but the elitist football fan is more interested in wanking off the prem and not bothering with the FA Cup these days.

2 hours ago, Waylander said:

We missed chances though only remember Lukaku missing one and it bounced before he hit it so would forgive him that though am still in the camp that he is not right for us.

Pulisic is one of our best finishers and also Mount had a chance yet neither could get the shots on target.

Yet let's not forget by my reckoning Diaz created 5 chances and missed them all.

14 touches in 87 minutes. That is standard for Lukaku. And I am speaking about the chance where Jorginho played him through, on his strong foot with VVD trailing, and he managed to sky it over the bar. 

I can't stress this enough but Boehly will win 100% of the fans if he manages to get rid of him this summer. 

33 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Lol Johnson and the Tories wanted to get involved with the booing of the national anthem - because bullshit social issues are a good distraction from the terrible job they've done running the country: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/05/16/boris-johnson-blasts-jurgen-klopp-defending-liverpool-fans-booing/

Conservative MP and former Culture Secretary Karen Bradley added: “It is utterly unacceptable and disgraceful that fans booed Prince William. I would urge the FA to take all necessary action and pursue those responsible.”

Sir Ed Davey, leader of the Liberal Democrats, said: “We have the most wonderful Monarch and those fans who booed do not represent their clubs or our country.”

xD

"We like free speech, unless it offends us... then we want to punish speech."

The reaction to it is mental. Why is there suddenly outrage over it? It's happened for decades.

40 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

The reaction to it is mental. Why is there suddenly outrage over it? It's happened for decades.

Well the Queen's celebration for 75 years is due soon and a member of the Royal family was present at the games, William I think and met all the players.

I guess they see this as bad manners.

18 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Gotta manufacture outrage at people that don't feel "national unity" from a government that's neglected their city and is pissed off that they've been cut off from the EU funding that the UK government would never give them... anything to distract the electorate about the shit job they've done.

• Subscriber
31 minutes ago, Waylander said:

I guess they see this as bad manners.

They see it as the little people not knowing their place.

I actually like and admire the Queen. But I read a headline this morning about the jubilee "celebrating her achievements". Her achievements are that her Daddy was the last King and she hasn't died yet.  The royal family has an image problem brewing and stuff like seeing a fancy hat getting a personal chauffeur-driven limousine to parliament last week while 2 million people across the country can't afford to feed their kids without going to a food bank doesn’t help.

But her incredibly rich and privileged grandson had to listen to them boo the national anthem from his seat in the Royal box at Wembley. Boo fucking hoo and fuck off.

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

They see it as the little people not knowing their place.

I actually like and admire the Queen. But I read a headline this morning about the jubilee "celebrating her achievements". Her achievements are that her Daddy was the last King and she hasn't died yet.  The royal family has an image problem brewing and stuff like seeing a fancy hat getting a personal chauffeur-driven limousine to parliament last week while 2 million people across the country can't afford to feed their kids without going to a food bank doesn’t help.

But her incredibly rich and privileged grandson had to listen to them boo the national anthem from his seat in the Royal box at Wembley. Boo fucking hoo and fuck off.

It's not even really about that resentment of the royal family tbh.

The national anthem gets booed by us because of the decades of neglect stemming from Thatcher's "managed decline" of Liverpool - it's been booed by us for decades, it's nothing new... what is new is the faux outrage. Decades of feeling forgotten by the UK government, coupled with our exit from the EU - who gave the city far more funding than the UK government could/should give, and the absolute shitshow that Tory rule has the country have resulted in our fans protesting the government by booing the national anthem.

It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone there's a lot of resentment towards the UK government and especially the Tories from us. Furthermore, it's literally a peaceful political protest - it's not like the fans called for Tory's to be hanged or for the monarchy to be abolished violently.

They just booed the song that represents national unity because many people from Merseyside don't have feelings of "unity" considering that managed decline, for good reason.

6 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I answered this already but I’m feeling a bit more paranoid and I thought about it for a bit more and I don’t wonder if it’s not something more sinister.

Because it’s interesting, rather than get to the root of why this has happened (and like you say, literally has happened for decades) now the media and politicians are coming out to condemn the boos.

For decades it’s never really gained media attention and now that it is… they don’t even want to learn what its about - or at least tell people why they’re booing. The media’s never been interested in sending someone up to Liverpool to talk about why the national anthem gets booed - they’ve had opportunities and even had another after this final.

But they’re awfully quick now to come out to condemn a decades long protest by our fans against the UK government because of what they’ve done to Liverpool as a city.

I already think our press has an unhealthy relationship with the press - but this faux outrage and bullshit virtue signaling seems to just be signaling that the press has the same Tory ideal of free speech. It’s allowed if it pulls the party line, but if they don’t like it you’re not free to say it.

If these editors and journalists actually want to properly cover the issue they can take a quick ride to get to the root of the issue.

• Subscriber
On 17/05/2022 at 01:50, Dr. Gonzo said:

but this faux outrage and bullshit virtue signaling seems to just be signaling that the press has the same Tory ideal of free speech. It’s allowed if it pulls the party line, but if they don’t like it you’re not free to say it

This shouldn't really come as a surprise to be fair.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived