Aston Villa 1-2 Liverpool - Tuesday 10th May, 2022

• Administrator

Kick-off 20.00 (BST)

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Aston_Villa_FC_crest_(2016).svg.p         VS      155.png

Last 3 Meetings
11/12/2021 - Liverpool 1-0 Aston Villa
10/04/2021 - Liverpool 2-1 Aston Villa
08/01/2021 - Aston Villa 1-4 Liverpool (FA Cup)

Recent Form
Aston Villa - WWDDL
Liverpool - DWWWW

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After last night’s result, we need to hammer somebody I think. Villa and Southampton have both had shite 2022’s so hoping we can do one of them. Bobby is back in the squad as well, a much needed boost. 

Hopefully can get 3 points here, tho hard to see how we can catch city now regardless. Both points and goal difference are challenging given their current form. But gotta keep the pressure on and be there in case they somehow slip up

I am firmly convinced that a previous player or coach has an effect when he meets an ex team once he moves on. An example was the Frank Lampard connection for Everton against Chelsea. Tonight's match is therefore unpredictable with the Steven Gerrard connection. I will not be surprised to see a positive home result. I don't think Liverpool are at their best.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

I am firmly convinced that a previous player or coach has an effect when he meets an ex team once he moves on. An example was the Frank Lampard connection for Everton against Chelsea. Tonight's match is therefore unpredictable with the Steven Gerrard connection. I will not be surprised to see a positive home result. I don't think Liverpool are at their best.

Interesting to see what squad is picked, especially after the weekend's result. Obviously the title is not out of reach, but there's the opportunity to go strong today and for Saturday's Cup Final. Perhaps more likely to see rotation for the game vs Southampton next Tuesday.

Either way I think they win - Villa aren't really up to much these days. 

18 minutes ago, Stan said:

Interesting to see what squad is picked, especially after the weekend's result. Obviously the title is not out of reach, but there's the opportunity to go strong today and for Saturday's Cup Final. Perhaps more likely to see rotation for the game vs Southampton next Tuesday.

Agreed but a good win last weekend Stan which will give them momentum. Liverpool have lost a little potency in front of goal and because of what's at stake I'm going to be watching this match. Not just because of the battle for top place but to see if my powers of prediction are sound. I'm going for a Villa result.  Also, City's 5-0 compared to Liverpool's 1-1 tells me City are massive favourites.

• Subscriber

I don't think Liverpool will drop points here. Villa might have fought hard for a draw to secure safety if they hadn't seen Burnley off at the weekend. This Liverpool side don't tend to drop points in back to back games very often either, they should win this.

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I don't think Liverpool will drop points here. Villa might have fought hard for a draw to secure safety if they hadn't seen Burnley off at the weekend. This Liverpool side don't tend to drop points in back to back games very often either, they should win this.

They might have the final on their minds though. Spurs were boosted by a win before meeting Liverpool and so too Villa. Let's see. 

Interesting battles for top place, fourth and relegation.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Chickasaw said:

They might have the final on their minds though. Spurs were boosted by a win before meeting Liverpool and so too Villa. Let's see. 

Interesting battles for top place, fourth and relegation.

Maybe. Personally I think they'll have keeping the pressure on City for the title on their minds. They're favourites to beat Chelsea in the Final anyway, even if they don't plan their entire week around preparing for that game, and regardless of how they rotate their team, they've got enough to bring into the side and Villa have little enough about them overall that I think it's very unlikely Liverpool will drop points.

26 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Maybe. Personally I think they'll have keeping the pressure on City for the title on their minds. They're favourites to beat Chelsea in the Final anyway, even if they don't plan their entire week around preparing for that game, and regardless of how they rotate their team, they've got enough to bring into the side and Villa have little enough about them overall that I think it's very unlikely Liverpool will drop points.

Off topic I know but Chelsea have gained one point in six and as I've said Liverpool have lost a little potency but I still expect them to beat Chelsea. Villa? Gerrard connection? I'm so so on this.

• Subscriber

I think the Gerrard thing is all narrative and not much else really, especially when Aston Villa have nothing to play for. Obviously if Villa get a result, there will be all sorts of headlines about Gerrard coming back to bite Liverpool and no doubt countless memes about him costing Liverpool another title accompanied by images of him slipping over all those years ago. I suppose I can see how the potential of that adds to the excitement but meh, it doesn't do that much for me. I won't be going out of my way to watch this anyway. If I see that Villa are giving them a game I might throw it on. xD

2 hours ago, Stan said:

There will be the usual three or four changes for each game between now and the last league game I think. 

Tonight I think Matip comes back in, Tsimikas possibly for Robertson, Keita for Henderson or Fabinho and Jota for one of the front three. I don't see any more than that tbh.

I don't quite know where Salah's head's been at the last few games but if he could kindly smash it tonight, I'd be most appreciative. 

I got a few mini leagues riding on that magic man xD

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

I don't quite know where Salah's head's been at the last few games but if he could kindly smash it tonight, I'd be most appreciative. 

On the bench

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Lucas said:

And he doesn't even start xD xD

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Looks like you've been fucked up the arse mate :61_sob:

*ready for @MUFCasking for pics* :rofl:

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Its bizarre when you're happy one of your players is benched because you didn't captain him.

• Administrator

Liverpool will miss Thiago tonight. He's been in good form recently running games. Don't think Jones or Keita can fill the gap as well as he can. 

• The title was changed to Aston Villa 1-2 Liverpool - Tuesday 10th May, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived