talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aston Villa 1-2 Liverpool - Tuesday 10th May, 2022

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No idea why Villa are playing out from the back when it’s the 95th minute and there’s only 4 minutes of injury time.

Also Buendia is an absolute deadweight when Villa are out of possession, a midfielder would never get away with that playing for us.

3 hours ago, LFCMike said:

On the bench

2 hours ago, Stan said:

And he doesn't even start xD xD

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Looks like you've been fucked up the arse mate :61_sob:

*ready for @MUFCasking for pics* :rofl:

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Its bizarre when you're happy one of your players is benched because you didn't captain him.

When people now ask me if I like Liverpool, I will say yes, I do like Liverpool...but not Klopp. Klopp can fuck off.

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Danny said:

No idea why Villa are playing out from the back when it’s the 95th minute and there’s only 4 minutes of injury time.

Also Buendia is an absolute deadweight when Villa are out of possession, a midfielder would never get away with that playing for us.

There was a moment where a teammate gave the ball away, he threw his arms in the air in a stroppy kind of way and then just walked back from centre circle as Liverpool attacked. 

I'd be absolutely fuming if that was a Leicester player. 

59 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Are you going full Chelsea now and gonna sign back players you let go? xD

Pretty sure Bayern have already come out and said they're not looking at Mane though

Id love Sane back :4_joy:  incredible talent  ..shame lol

I mean, obviously losing Fabinho for the upcoming games would be a huge loss and I just pray he can make it back in time.

However... Hendo is such an inspirational player that basically manages the players on the pitch. 

His experience and leadership skills could be invaluable in both finals.

Liverpool have come back from behind three times just recently, Villareal, Spurs and Villa..........living a bit dangerously. I was so so about the result before the match and it was close. It'll go down to the wire.

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I mean, obviously losing Fabinho for the upcoming games would be a huge loss and I just pray he can make it back in time.

However... Hendo is such an inspirational player that basically manages the players on the pitch. 

Henderson was very good when he came on. 

36 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

My only worry about Henderson is that he's older now so it seems physically he's not as up for as many matches in a week as he used to be. He's been managed carefully after last year's injuries, understandably. But I'm not worried about his quality as a player and I suspect he'd have started both finals anyway tbh.

But losing Fabinho for any period of time is a blow for us, because it would be a blow for any team I think. Fabinho's a machine and I'd like to go into as many finals as possible with him in the side tbh.

Late to the party as ever as I watch the match in the evening my local time

To be honest, we weren't really in it to begin with. Villa's goal was miles offside so thank goodness Moss is retiring.

We pick up though them match but were never the real deal. I can't figure out wtf Klopp took off Luiz Dias?? Diaz was all over the pitch on both sides working hard.Take off Jota as he was doing nowt.

I know Keita had a blinder against Newcastle but he missed a howler tonight.

We have a big squad but there are players in that squad who can't compete to the level  Liverpool play at. I thought Simikas and Jones were iffy.

Considering last season they stuffed us for 7 goals, I'd have put out a stronger squad.

I only hope that Gerrard winds his team up to play like that against Citeh

5 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

I think it was going to be obvious that Slippy G was going to be giving his old club a leg up in the title hunt.. The same way Steve Bruce used to roll over for United back in the day.. 

Really?

You think this was all staged??

If Villa bitchslap Citeh then I will agree with you but i think there's two hopes of that. Bob and no.

• Subscriber

We're blessed with our attack options again. Salah goes on a bit of low spell and Mane steps up, Mane goes a bit slow and Diaz steps up and when all that fails Jota is around to pickup as well. I feel a bit bad for Bobby who I think is the most unique of the entire lot and I hope he gets some more game time. 

3 hours ago, patoriku66 said:

Late to the party as ever as I watch the match in the evening my local time

To be honest, we weren't really in it to begin with. Villa's goal was miles offside so thank goodness Moss is retiring.

We pick up though them match but were never the real deal. I can't figure out wtf Klopp took off Luiz Dias?? Diaz was all over the pitch on both sides working hard.Take off Jota as he was doing nowt.

I know Keita had a blinder against Newcastle but he missed a howler tonight.

We have a big squad but there are players in that squad who can't compete to the level  Liverpool play at. I thought Simikas and Jones were iffy.

Considering last season they stuffed us for 7 goals, I'd have put out a stronger squad.

I only hope that Gerrard winds his team up to play like that against Citeh

He probably took Diaz off for the exact reason you mention, he was everywhere for 70 minutes. We're going to need him to do more of that in the remaining four games.

Keita's miss was bad but I thought he had a good game overall.

Tsimikas had a good game after Villa's good start and Jones was fine.

How much stronger could he have gone tonight? Take into consideration how many games we're playing and that Klopp and his staff have all the data on who needs to rest after what was a pretty quick turnaround after Tottenham.

I'm not sure how any one can moan about that last night really. We've won the game after making five changes.

10 hours ago, Stan said:

There was a moment where a teammate gave the ball away, he threw his arms in the air in a stroppy kind of way and then just walked back from centre circle as Liverpool attacked. 

Fernandes has joined Villa?

11 hours ago, Stan said:

Genuinely mental considering you’re playing Liverpool. Attack as a team and defend as one. Will be interesting to see how that pans out from the Summer onwards.

• Administrator

:what:

I'd be worried if a ref is saying this before any game. 

Literally the referee is the only that can can influence how fair a game it can be xD

• The title was changed to Aston Villa 1-2 Liverpool - Tuesday 10th May, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived