talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leeds 0-3 Chelsea - Wednesday 11th May, 2022

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least we have a goal.... Got the feeling we are going to struggle to get another with Leeds thinking about damage limitation as they will just bank up and hope for something on any breaks they may get... 

On 10/05/2022 at 11:38, RandoEFC said:

Chelsea surely won't put their feet up here. If anything, the FA Cup final only makes it more likely they'll aim to go out here and put a few past Leeds, because currently their strongest side has absolutely no momentum about them and this is their last chance to generate some before facing Liverpool. At most, they might bring off some of their fresh legs during the second half if the game is wrapped up. It's not going to be an easy fixture for them, though. The needle is starting to point the wrong way for Leeds but they're only the latest team to be "definitely going down" after Newcastle, Burnley and then Everton. You can't underestimate any team that are fighting for their lives like that.

I noticed that Lukaku scored a couple at the weekend. Hopefully the big man is back in form, features here and does us a favour. And again, I'm sorry to Lucas, because I'll genuinely be annoyed if Leeds go down after just two years having waited so long to see them come back up. They belong in the top flight and it's a shame that the Bielsa project got skewered so badly this season. I'd have liked to see them have a few years up here and see what they could build. Still hoping that it's Burnley that drop instead of them but obviously my priority now is to see my own team over the line as soon as possible.

Mentally shot.

Twice in the space of four days we've conceded in the first 4mins and had a player sent off after about 20.

What chance do you honestly have if you just keep contributing to your own downfall?

Can just about forgive Ayling at Arsenal given what he's contributed and had one real off day but James has totally fucked us up the poo shoot. Learn from the mistakes. It's brain dead and honestly, he can get to fuck.

And thats the sad thing. We're not even giving ourselves a fair chance at this.

Honestly, I've had an absolute gutful. Lost Dallas to a season ending injury v City, Ayling and James to suspension, Harrison has limped off tonight all in the last three games, Raphinha subbed as he's felt something, its just a big shitshow.

And to top it off, we got a coach who has managed to nullify everything that was actually half decent about us going forward that we genuinely look like we've no clue when in the final third.

Going down with an absolute whimper, not even a fight. It all feels so fruitless and although the fans are backing the side, they need something back from the performances to cling to.

And to think we took a steaming pile of shit on Bielsa for this?? 

Wow. 

• The title was changed to Leeds 0-3 Chelsea - Wednesday 11th May, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived