talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wolves 1-5 Man City - Wednesday 11th May, 2022

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

City have been here so many times it just feels like they'll close it out and it won't be particularly nervy for them either. Basically the opposite relationship that they have with the Champions League where they persistently snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. There's a non-zero chance of them losing to West Ham but Villa at home on the last day is a pretty nice fixture for them to go and get what they need, even if Liverpool can apply some pressure by going and sticking 5 past Southampton.

• Subscriber

This is virtually done now I think. That result tonight has virtually killed West Ham's motivation as well as they've basically nothing to play for.

Man City usually hammer them away as well. Villa aren't doing anything on the final day.

17 minutes ago, Dan said:

This is virtually done now I think. That result tonight has virtually killed West Ham's motivation as well as they've basically nothing to play for.

Man City usually hammer them away as well. Villa aren't doing anything on the final day.

West Ham can still qualify for the Europa league again, Another motivation for them is demoting Manchester United to the conference league.

im clutching straws i know. 

56 minutes ago, Stan said:

De Bruyne had a good day at the office then. 

For some strange reason he was unmarked for most the game :4_joy: not sure what Wolves tactics was but the first thing should of been to get tight on De Bruyne, you don't let him run riot do you lol

• The title was changed to Wolves 1-5 Man City - Wednesday 11th May, 2022
31 minutes ago, Rick said:

If West Ham beat City 2-0 and we beat Southampton 4-0 and City beat Villa 2-1 and we beat Wolves 2-0 then it will go to a play off game to decide. 

As unlikely as it is (those individual results are hardly ridiculous though), I wonder when a play off would take place if there was one? Surely it would have to be the midweek before the Champions League final because players would be going away on internationals after the Champions League final.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

As unlikely as it is (those individual results are hardly ridiculous though), I wonder when a play off would take place if there was one? Surely it would have to be the midweek before the Champions League final because players would be going away on internationals after the Champions League final.

I think the date that is being speculated is 25th. Seems the only possible date anyway. 

2 hours ago, Rick said:

If West Ham beat City 2-0 and we beat Southampton 4-0 and City beat Villa 2-1 and we beat Wolves 2-0 then it will go to a play off game to decide. 

That would be mental :4_joy: ..right now we have zero fit CB's and only 1 good FB fit so it's possible we slip up. Dias & Stones out for the season, Laporte & Ake carrying knocks so Rodrigo is going to have to fill in with maybe a youth player

• The topic was unpinned

Archived