The better place to talk football.

F1 2022 - Spanish GP - 20-22nd May

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Alright, here's what you need to do.

Make the entry to Turn 1 tighter and narrow, with a big kerb on the inside to extend the braking zone and allow for more overtaking opportunities, a bit like the first corner at Sochi. Extend the straight between Turns 3 and 4 so that Turn 4 becomes a bit of an overtaking opportunity. It already is under the right circumstances. Get rid of that horrible Turn 14-15 chicane which ruins the racing down the straight. Drag the apex of Turn 13 further to the top right so that it becomes a 90 degree corner. Make the last corner even smoother so the cars can follow through there flat-out, even in dirty air, effectively creating a longer pit straight and a better chance of cars being able to slipstream each other and get side-by-side.

Don't make DRS too powerful please. Just once I'd like to see DRS allow cars to get side by side going into the braking zone instead of being ahead before they get there or not being able to get close. Obviously it's hard when some cars already have a 10km/h speed advantage over others but just, please.

Very strong rumors from various sources: Aston Martin has prepared a practically new car that will premiere at the Spanish GP. They have been working on it since before the start of the season.

:o

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Very strong rumors from various sources: Aston Martin has prepared a practically new car that will premiere at the Spanish GP. They have been working on it since before the start of the season.

:o

Huge if true (maybe). I wouldn't be surprised if they'd noticed as early as the car launches that their massive rectangular side pods were a very different design to the majority and started worrying about it. They could have tried out a slimmer side pod design in the wind tunnel early on and noticed big differences and started off down that path before they even hit the track for testing.

Still, I feel like I'll believe this when I see it. They seemed to make some good progress with their current car over the past two races so it doesn't seem to me as if they'd already binned it off to make a new one.

19 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Huge if true (maybe). I wouldn't be surprised if they'd noticed as early as the car launches that their massive rectangular side pods were a very different design to the majority and started worrying about it. They could have tried out a slimmer side pod design in the wind tunnel early on and noticed big differences and started off down that path before they even hit the track for testing.

Still, I feel like I'll believe this when I see it. They seemed to make some good progress with their current car over the past two races so it doesn't seem to me as if they'd already binned it off to make a new one.

Spain GP.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Ferrari bringing upgrades to Spain. 

RB are bringing new parts too, which are supposed to make the cars 3-5kg lighter and bring it to the optimal weight. 

[Giuliano Duchessa] Aston Martin will carry only one AMR22B and will be available to Lance Stroll. The comparison with the old version driven by Vettel will certainly be interesting

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Woops

I actually saw that live. Had the live stream suggested to me on Youtube. 10 seconds after I realized Charles is racing in this, he crashed. xD

4 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Rumour that Charles Leclerc has had his Monaco passport taken away from him and can't enter the state, so whenever there's a race there he just gets his mates to race for him.

o0fpnxdyenz81.png

• Subscriber

Juri Vips is driving the Red Bull in FP1 (young driver practice session is now compulsory twice per season) instead of Perez.

Nick De Vries is also doing FP1 in Albon's Williams.

Robert Kubica is doing FP1 in Guanyu Zhou's car as well. I'd posit that this isn't a part of the compulsory young driver tests.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Tommy said:

Exciting times. 

Just seen a different tweet about the completely redesigned Aston. Interesting. Mclaren are also said to have brought an upgrade worth as much as 0.5 seconds. Practice and qualifying could be interesting.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived