14/03/2021 - Arsenal 2-1 Tottenham
06/12/2020 - Tottenham 2-0 Arsenal

Recent Form
Tottenham - DWDLW
Arsenal - WWWWL

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arsenal had a strange match against Leeds i.e not scoring after 10 minutes and letting 10 man Leeds back into it. Why did they go 80 minutes without a goal whilst going ahead by 2 goals in the first 10 minutes and then stop? Spurs and Arsenal have had  strange win/lose periods this season too i.e Spurs winning their first three matches of the season while Arsenal were getting thrashed and then the next three Arsenal won and Spurs were getting thrashed.

Periods like this happened throughout the season and I don't think, even with only three matches to go it's finished. Arsenal won the 6th match of the season against Spurs because of a reversal of form but this time form has been reversed again. Spurs played well against Liverpool whereas Arsenal faded badly. They cannot afford to do a Leeds against Spurs which is why I'm going for a Spurs win.

Sticking my head on the block there because a NLD can have strange twists and turns. I don't think Arsenal will play for a draw and it's vital that Spurs attack while securing the defence so what system Conte will adopt I don't know. 4 points behind with only 2 matches to go is too close to the edge for Spurs who have an easier run in than Arsenal so it's vital Spurs win. I don't know which of the two teams is under the most pressure. 

Come on Spurs.

• Subscriber

I was hoping Arsenal would win this and that the top four would be decided before the last day so they didn't need something against us. Thankfully, results at the weekend have given us a good chance of having the pressure off ourselves before the final day. Still work to do and I'm not jinxing my own team but I can at least enjoy this game a bit more now without having to cross my fingers for every little thing to go our way.

This is usually a good game. The number of 8-9 goal thrillers between them when I was a late teen/early 20s seemed to be incredible.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

I was hoping Arsenal would win this and that the top four would be decided before the last day so they didn't need something against us. Thankfully, results at the weekend have given us a good chance of having the pressure off ourselves before the final day. Still work to do and I'm not jinxing my own team but I can at least enjoy this game a bit more now without having to cross my fingers for every little thing to go our way.

This is usually a good game. The number of 8-9 goal thrillers between them when I was a late teen/early 20s seemed to be incredible.

I just hope Spurs take the lead. Even though we're fifth and have done well in our last two matches I'm still not confident that Spurs will come back if they go a goal down. I think you'll beat Arsenal.

On 10/05/2022 at 19:45, 6666 said:

Tottenham need to win and usually at theirs, they do beat us but hoping we don't fuck things up. 

You almost did against Leeds. Am I wrong or does Arsenal struggle at times to maintain 90 minutes? Really should have done a Chelsea against them and not struggle to a scratchy 2- 1 win. 3 points I agree but not in the greatest manner. I was hoping Chelsea would lose last night so that pressure could be maintained on them but Leeds were dire.

• Subscriber
On 10/05/2022 at 11:33, RandoEFC said:

Now in two minds about this. Been banking on Spurs to beat Burnley for us on Sunday so don't want to threaten that by them having not much to play for by being out of the top four race so maybe a draw tonight.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Is this the biggest NLD in 20 years?

Yes, it is. Might be played at a phrenetic pace too. Normally on a big occasion like this there's one twit in a Spurs shirt who does something stupid, PLEASE not tonight.

People in the studio talking about how underrated Son is, I don’t think anyones ever underrated him as such. But you have to question why at 29 years old he’s still at Tottenham without much of a sniff from elsewhere. And away from him enjoying playing at Tottenham, he gets around 30 goal contributions a season max and would most likely command a fee much greater than what he’s worth due to Levy’s bargaining power.

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

I mean, maybe I'm seeing things different to most other people but for me Spurs are getting some very favourable decisions here. 

Sent off for that? 

Nah, not for me.

Second yellow card for purposely shoving his shoulder into Son’s face.

some shocking refereeing today. very soft penalty, Holding's first yellow wasnt necessary (second one is surely a yellow though). Odegaard falls down and spurs player kicks him the face, ref lets the play go on momentarily but stops because of head injury, yet tottenham gets the ball 🤣

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

You see much worse than that and nothings given. 

I'm not arguing the toss tbh, just soft in my opinion.

second yellow is deserved mate, closer to the goal too

Just now, Asura said:

some shocking refereeing today. very soft penalty, Holding's first yellow wasnt necessary (second one is surely a yellow though). Odegaard falls down and spurs player kicks him the face, ref lets the play go on momentarily but stops because of head injury, yet tottenham gets the ball 🤣

Holding had like three straight fouls on the trot before he was finally booked. 

• The title was changed to Tottenham 3-0 Arsenal - Thursday 12th May, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived