talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 3-0 Arsenal - Thursday 12th May, 2022

10 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I mean, maybe I'm seeing things different to most other people but for me Spurs are getting some very favourable decisions here. 

Sent off for that? 

Penalty for that? 

Nah, not for me.

Also Hojbjerg stood on Saka's foot and got a free kick for it which led to the corner they scored from.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Asura said:

second yellow is deserved mate, closer to the goal too

Yeah on second viewing the shoulder to the head was a yellow. My mistake.

I still think he didn't deserve to be sent off tho taking both yellows into consideration. 

I also think the penalty was soft.

I also think Spurs are getting absolutely everything from the referee.

• Subscriber

The penalty looked arguably a bit soft but I'd be raging if that didn't get given for my time. Think I agree with Neville in that he's just done a poor job of making it look like it wasn't a foul.

Holding second yellow stupid but he was already pushing it before that.

Arsenal can have no complaints. A real lack of character, composure and resilience when the tide turned in Spurs' favour after they had a decent start. Heads gone.

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

If Spurs beat Burnley on Sunday things will get very, very interesting. 

Spurs will beat Burnley on Sunday. Well, I said normally a twit in a Spurs shirt does something stupid..............only half time.

Said at the beginning of the season Arsenal have a really good first eleven but beyond that not really a dependable group of squad players to push first teamers. Really shown that tonight.

Top 4 is still in Arsenal’s hands but this is a real momentum shift 

I've said for a while now, and I know @Stortsdisagrees... but for me Son is Spurs best player. Carries Spurs when Kane has his annual injury and is Kane's equal when both are fit.

If Liverpool were to sign either Son or Kane... id take Son all day long.

• Administrator

Gabriel done for the season perhaps. Holding out. 

White not fully fit. 

Is this the moment top 4 slips away from Arsenal? 

17 minutes ago, Danny said:

Said at the beginning of the season Arsenal have a really good first eleven but beyond that not really a dependable group of squad players to push first teamers. Really shown that tonight.

Good observation.

• The title was changed to Tottenham 3-0 Arsenal - Thursday 12th May, 2022
18 minutes ago, Stan said:

Gabriel done for the season perhaps. Holding out. 

White not fully fit. 

Is this the moment top 4 slips away from Arsenal? 

Newcastle and Everton to play too. Spurs should win their last two comfortably.

Spurs at home to Burnley at midday on Sunday. Arsenal away to Newcastle at 2000 on Sunday. A Spurs win will put them 2 points ahead................MASSIVE pressure on Arsenal in a match they could easily lose.

Well, that was shit.

The refereeing wasn't great for us but Tottenham were still worth the win. It's still in our hands but not really that confident about winning both our games. Hopefully Spurs follow up a big win with a slip up.

52 minutes ago, Danny said:

Arteta wanted a tight squad. Players like Guendouzi, Saliba, Bellerin, Torreira, Aubameyang, Maitland-Niles, could've kept that competition going.

We currently only have 21 players in the first team squad. One being a young keeper and only 3 CBs with our 3 other CBs out on loan. central midfield and the full back positions were light as well. Weak upfront as well.

I think the plan was to have a thin squad for a season where don't have European football and then increasing the numbers when we get European football. We've done that as far as getting European football but Champions League football is on a tight rope. Something that didn't need to be the case.

• Subscriber
56 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I've said for a while now, and I know @Stortsdisagrees... but for me Son is Spurs best player. Carries Spurs when Kane has his annual injury and is Kane's equal when both are fit.

If Liverpool were to sign either Son or Kane... id take Son all day long.

You’re incredibly wrong but that’s okay. 

He’s a fantastic player when he’s on but he is so hot and cold. Wouldn’t have half the goals he has without Kane either. Best player in the league 

28 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Arteta wanted a tight squad. Players like Guendouzi, Saliba, Bellerin, Torreira, Aubameyang, Maitland-Niles, could've kept that competition going.

We currently only have 21 players in the first team squad. One being a young keeper and only 3 CBs with our 3 other CBs out on loan. central midfield and the full back positions were light as well. Weak upfront as well.

I think the plan was to have a thin squad for a season where don't have European football and then increasing the numbers when we get European football. We've done that as far as getting European football but Champions League football is on a tight rope. Something that didn't need to be the case.

If you finish 5th then you’ve had a successful season imo, not in relation to what you’ve spent but as a club that had to be the goal and anything beyond that is fortunate. But yeah your lack of depth is starting to become apparent 

• Subscriber

They should be finishing 4th. Ridiculous money spent - anything else is a failure imo 

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

If you finish 5th then you’ve had a successful season imo, not in relation to what you’ve spent but as a club that had to be the goal and anything beyond that is fortunate. But yeah your lack of depth is starting to become apparent 

44 minutes ago, Storts said:

He’s a fantastic player when he’s on but he is so hot and cold. Wouldn’t have half the goals he has without Kane either. Best player in the league 

Harry De Bruyne.

34 minutes ago, Storts said:

They should be finishing 4th. Ridiculous money spent - anything else is a failure imo 

Really shouldn’t be. They spent a lot on fees but less on wages which reduced the overall output.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived