talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 3-0 Arsenal - Thursday 12th May, 2022

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Danny said:

Really shouldn’t be. They spent a lot on fees but less on wages which reduced the overall output.

Still spend far more on wages than we do. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
5 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Sure, the guy with 15 goals in 35 games is the best player in the league. 

He's been past his peak for a couple of years. 

Literally top scorer and top assists in the league last season. You do not know football  

1 hour ago, Storts said:

Literally top scorer and top assists in the league last season. You do not know football  

I think he's fantastic when utilized well don't get me wrong. I just can't imagine him playing for either of the 2 (by FAR) best clubs in the league. He has a brilliant game in terms of long passing, but TBH his finishing isn't even close to as sharp as it used to be, and he often slows the pace and flow of the team down as they approach the final 3rd. Son (who is the better of the 2 in my opinion) bails him out in that regard. 

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I think he's fantastic when utilized well don't get me wrong. I just can't imagine him playing for either of the 2 (by FAR) best clubs in the league. He has a brilliant game in terms of long passing, but TBH his finishing isn't even close to as sharp as it used to be, and he often slows the pace and flow of the team down as they approach the final 3rd. Son (who is the better of the 2 in my opinion) bails him out in that regard. 

Plus Son works his bollocks off.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Danny said:

If you finish 5th then you’ve had a successful season imo, not in relation to what you’ve spent but as a club that had to be the goal and anything beyond that is fortunate. But yeah your lack of depth is starting to become apparent 

8 hours ago, Storts said:

They should be finishing 4th. Ridiculous money spent - anything else is a failure imo 

7 hours ago, Danny said:

Really shouldn’t be. They spent a lot on fees but less on wages which reduced the overall output.

Top 4 should have been the aim with no European commitments this season. Missing out on that would be bad, however being back in Europe is a positive. 

Seems like lack of quality in their squad depth has hurt them. Unless they invest a lot (which they probably will) it doesn't bode well for next season. 

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
3 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

He would score a ridiculous amount of goals for either of those clubs, for any of the best teams in the world. 

Son is not better than Kane, it’s not even particularly close, and he benefits massively from how good Kanes all round game is. Harry dropping in allows Son to flourish, they’re a brilliant partnership but Kane is by far away and the driving force that makes it all tick. 

Archived