talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Frenkie de Jong - Man United bound?

• Subscriber

download.png

DE JONG TO BECOME FIRST TEN HAG SIGNING

Manchester United’s new manager Erik ten Hag is reportedly on the cusp of finalising the transfer of Frenkie de Jong.

The incoming new Red Devils boss has a huge task on his hands to get his side challenging for the top honours again. Needing to rebuild his side, United have badly underperformed this season and look likely to finish sixth.

As such, wholesale changes will need to be made, with as many as 12 players getting the axe.

Naturally, Ten Hag wants to strengthen all areas of his side, with defence and attack obvious area to focus on.

But his first signing looks increasingly likely to be a midfielder with a deal for De Jong now reportedly close.

The Dutch midfielder is reportedly one of nine players that Barca are looking to offload this summer.

The Spanish giants remain low on funds and are needing to wheel and deal again this summer.

Now, according to transfer expert Gerard Romero, via the Daily Express, a deal to take De Jong to United is now on the brink.

He claims United will pay a staggering £69m for the Dutchman. Furthermore, Romero states there is a ’95 per cent probability’ of the midfielder moving to United this summer.

Romero adds that Barca boss Xavi would like to keep De Jong, but his sale is purely for ‘economical reasons’.

FULL REPORT

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I figure this is a good move for both parties. De Jong was really good in that Ajax side under Ten Hag and I think he'll get the best out of him at United too. Whose place is he going to take is the question? Shame Donny didn't stick on because I feel like he'd get more game time and get back to his best too if he had been in this squad. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Whose place is he going to take is the question?

Bloody Pogba, a no boner, Get Pogs on a slow boat to China with his mobile and radio, dance on the boat and it fucking sinks. :coffee:

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Bloody Pogba, a no boner, Get Pogs on a slow boat to China with his mobile and radio, dance on the boat and it fucking sinks. :coffee:

@MUFC

36 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I figure this is a good move for both parties. De Jong was really good in that Ajax side under Ten Hag and I think he'll get the best out of him at United too. Whose place is he going to take is the question? Shame Donny didn't stick on because I feel like he'd get more game time and get back to his best too if he had been in this squad. 

As far as I’m aware he’s a DM, which is something United don’t have at all.

Manchester United will find it ‘particularly difficult’ to sign Frenkie de Jong from Barcelona this summer, with the midfielder preferring a move to Manchester City if he’s to leave the Camp Nou.

Reports in Spain on Wednesday night claimed the Dutchman was close to completing a move to Old Trafford, with a deal described as ‘95% likely’.

Barcelona are cash-strapped and De Jong is one of their most valuable but disposable assets, with the La Liga giants hoping to raise as much as £65m from his departure.

Erik ten Hag worked with De Jong for 18 months at Ajax and helped him to become one of the most sought-after midfielders in Europe before his move to Barcelona in 2019.

City are viewed as the more likely destination, with Pep Guardiola keen to sign a replacement for Fernandinho.

The Premier League champions battled for De Jong’s signature in 2019 but he opted for Spain instead.

• Subscriber

I feel like Ten Hag has more power than Pep here honestly and he has a working relationship with the player that can sway things. Barcelona are strapped for money so they will go to whoever gets the okay nod first.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Danny said:

As far as I’m aware he’s a DM, which is something United don’t have at all.

For some reason I always felt like hes a bit more multi-functional in his role than a pure DM but having someone like him in that role at United would definitely improve their game.

Just now, Mel81x said:

I feel like Ten Hag has more power than Pep here honestly and he has a working relationship with the player that can sway things. Barcelona are strapped for money so they will go to whoever gets the okay nod first.

Would he take the massive step down to united though :35_thinking: think if we want him, we will get him if Barca are selling

• Subscriber
Just now, Happy Blue said:

Would he take the massive step down to united though :35_thinking: think if we want him, we will get him if Barca are selling

Sometimes I forget who United have in their back four because that in itself adds more pressure on the DM to operate more efficiently. I also can't see Pep going for him. Traditionally, you'll have had stronger DMs play in that position and De Jong would be a completely different kind of player should he play there. 

5 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Sometimes I forget who United have in their back four because that in itself adds more pressure on the DM to operate more efficiently. I also can't see Pep going for him. Traditionally, you'll have had stronger DMs play in that position and De Jong would be a completely different kind of player should he play there. 

Pep has already attempted to sign him in 2019, he's a big fan. he'd play next to Rodrigo as more of a box to box for us than an outright DM 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Pep has already attempted to sign him in 2019, he's a big fan. he'd play next to Rodrigo as more of a box to box for us than an outright DM 

Bit like Thiago and Fab for us I suppose.

City doing the usual ‘buy a player we don’t need to stop them joining anyone’. Pep is a genius!!!! Seriously though, you’ve already spent your ffp money on Haaland and his wages. Unless you’ve got a new Tampon Official Partner for £300mill a year……

29 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

City doing the usual ‘buy a player we don’t need to stop them joining anyone’. Pep is a genius!!!! Seriously though, you’ve already spent your ffp money on Haaland and his wages. Unless you’ve got a new Tampon Official Partner for £300mill a year……

We have nowhere near spent up yet, Haaland was only £51 million, we got about £250million saved up :4_joy:  ..i think we do need De Jong, Fernandhino is leaving and Gundogan has back problems, De Jong would be great for us  ..just keep Pogba :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

We have nowhere near spent up yet, Haaland was only £51 million, we got about £250million saved up :4_joy:  ..i think we do need De Jong, Fernandhino is leaving and Gundogan has back problems, De Jong would be great for us  ..just keep Pogba :ph34r:

“Saved up” 😂😂. Pep is a shambles. Spends £200mill every summer and needs more. tAcTiCaL gEnIuS :ph34r:

58 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

But you would love him at United 😋 ..with Foden lol :ph34r:;)

I’d genuinely hate him at United, but that’s just me. Foden simply hates his family by claiming to support his mums side. Can’t trust that fucker, just ask his Mrs…..

41 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I’d genuinely hate him at United, but that’s just me. Foden simply hates his family by claiming to support his mums side. Can’t trust that fucker, just ask his Mrs…..

Thats surprising you wouldn't have Pep ..deep down the Liverpool fans want him too with klopp only managing the 1 league title :ph34r:

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

Thats surprising you wouldn't have Pep ..deep down the Liverpool fans want him too with klopp only managing the 1 league title :ph34r:

How many CLs do Man City have?

18 minutes ago, Stan said:

How many CLs do Man City have?

How much credibility does the CL have? :coffee:  the best team hardly ever wins it, teams from mid table have won it :4_joy:  ..just a european FA Cup, the winner wont be the best team in Europe

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

How much credibility does the CL have? :coffee:  the best team hardly ever wins it, teams from mid table have won it :4_joy:  ..just a european FA Cup, the winner wont be the best team in Europe

None until you win it by the sounds of it xD 

Archived