talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Frenkie de Jong - Man United bound?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Devil said:

If we are wasting our time then move on to the next target.

Looks like you having as much success as we are with transfers... well at least for now xD For us I would always worry that if the first choice targets don't get over the line and you have to keep dropping down an option to 2nd choice or even 3rd choice players then you are just getting by with what you could get rather than what you need so it's more a case of shoring up rather than building up... 

A lot of our players failed to live up to expectations and it's often felt that some are just a level below where they need to be in a side that wants to challenge for titles/cups etc so going for second or third choice signings is just doing more of the same in my opinion, you are not gaining anything just maintaining what you have so as a result could expect more of the same each season with the odd bright moments of promise in the early stages followed by a slump when it matters at the end.. 

The other issue I have with it is that these second/third choice players would be signing on for anywhere between 4 and 5 years and if they don't improve the side you are stuck with them or end having to do a Lukaku and take a huge hit on them moving on.. Every now and then you can get a surprise gem out of someone but it's rare to have 90% of the club signings to all have a good first season.. 

7 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

What an awful club they are.

Think in the past few weeks this has become incredibly evident. Putting pressure on players and agents whilst creating this sort of condescending mannerism in the market because they know they will get what they want now. 

Can't wait until this shit falls flat on their face again. Such short term thinking with this TV revenue deal. 

4 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Looks like you having as much success as we are with transfers... well at least for now xD For us I would always worry that if the first choice targets don't get over the line and you have to keep dropping down an option to 2nd choice or even 3rd choice players then you are just getting by with what you could get rather than what you need so it's more a case of shoring up rather than building up... 

A lot of our players failed to live up to expectations and it's often felt that some are just a level below where they need to be in a side that wants to challenge for titles/cups etc so going for second or third choice signings is just doing more of the same in my opinion, you are not gaining anything just maintaining what you have so as a result could expect more of the same each season with the odd bright moments of promise in the early stages followed by a slump when it matters at the end.. 

The other issue I have with it is that these second/third choice players would be signing on for anywhere between 4 and 5 years and if they don't improve the side you are stuck with them or end having to do a Lukaku and take a huge hit on them moving on.. Every now and then you can get a surprise gem out of someone but it's rare to have 90% of the club signings to all have a good first season.. 

That's United on a groundhog day loop. Let's have it right City and Liverpool are picking off the cream at this time, the rest of us are grabbing at second tier standard players.

I don't see how we get out of it unless we unearth another Sir Alex in Ten Hag.

17 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I would absolutely love it if DeJong tells Barcelona to fuck off, and the Kounde, Raphinha, & Lewandowski deals fall through. 

De Jong already rejected a wage decrease too. 

They shouldn't be allowed to buy any players if they cant even afford to pay the one's they currently have, the spud faced chancers want to buy Bernardo Silva too :4_joy:

8 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

They shouldn't be allowed to buy any players if they cant even afford to pay the one's they currently have, the spud faced chancers want to buy Bernardo Silva too :4_joy:

They can buy whoever they want, they just can't register them. 

Shitehouse Romero now saying we are apparently interested. 

Let me guess, Barcelona are using Romero to fabricate a story about our interest in order to put pressure on Man United buying De Jong, as Barca's Raphinha and Lewandowski's deals are entirely dependent on Barcelona getting De Jong off of the wage bill?

45 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Shitehouse Romero now saying we are apparently interested. 

Let me guess, Barcelona are using Romero to fabricate a story about our interest in order to put pressure on Man United buying De Jong, as Barca's Raphinha and Lewandowski's deals are entirely dependent on Barcelona getting De Jong off of the wage bill?

obviously, like Reims did liking PSG to that shit for brains Ekitike so they could sell high and how Lille tried to make it like Milan could afford to pay for the demands on Botman.

European football is waltzing into an economic disaster if governing bodies don't regulate what is essentially slave trading

Barcelona got spoiled of having players like Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Pique etc. playing for free for more than a decade and now they can't handle to pay their contracts cause he couldn't fully adapt to BarcaDNA and play for free.

2 minutes ago, Fusion said:

Barcelona got spoiled of having players like Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Pique etc. playing for free for more than a decade and now they can't handle to pay their contracts cause he couldn't fully adapt to BarcaDNA and play for free.

Shame you weren't around last summer when the reports of Messi would play for free were arising just so that he could stay at Barcelona 😂

Just now, Cicero said:

Shame you weren't around last summer when the reports of Messi would play for free were arising just so that he could stay at Barcelona 😂

HAHAHA. I usually read daily stuff here even tho I don't post much but I missed that part last summer🤣

50 minutes ago, Fusion said:

Who said that originally?

Archived