• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Frenkie de Jong - Man United bound?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Seems like you guys set a deadline. 

I think a few outlets have gone with this. It was probably put on the table that the bid was officially live till a certain date. It’s not like a phonecall wouldn’t suffice to say the offer still stands.

I feel sorry for De Jong in all of this. Incredibly difficult to focus on your football when you are owed 17m in deferred wages whilst the club you love is signing player after player vs paying what's owed. Not to mention they allegedly want you gone. 

9 hours ago, Cicero said:

I feel sorry for De Jong in all of this. Incredibly difficult to focus on your football when you are owed 17m in deferred wages whilst the club you love is signing player after player vs paying what's owed. Not to mention they allegedly want you gone. 

He shouldn’t love the club though. His affiliation comes from going to Barcelona as a kid on holiday. Whoop de fucking doo. I’ve got strong feelings for Lindos FC of Rhodes because my ma took me to Greece a few times. Honestly, the bloke just seems like a Grade A Simp.

48 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

He shouldn’t love the club though. His affiliation comes from going to Barcelona as a kid on holiday. Whoop de fucking doo. I’ve got strong feelings for Lindos FC of Rhodes because my ma took me to Greece a few times. Honestly, the bloke just seems like a Grade A Simp.

In fairness there is an Ajax/Barce connection that will do it too

football inflation means you can't aggregate the 80m odd they were going to spend on him over 2 or 3 other players anymore like it ways maybe 5-6 years ago.    We are in unprecedented times when it comes to signings.    Watford wanting 30m for a player that would have been worth 5-7m when things were reasonable.   

The point being is that Man United need 3-4 new signings but even average like Maupay costs 25-30m these days.    I am just waiting for the financial bubble to burst and teams like Chelsea, Barce go balls up. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think so, but doesn't he not want to leave Barca?

Also wtf you had a friendly with Barca last week?

Looks like he wants to stay at Barca but maybe he just doesnt want to join united 😂  ..we had a charity match in Barca a few days ago, finished 3-3

6 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Looks like he wants to stay at Barca but maybe he just doesnt want to join united 😂  ..we had a charity match in Barca a few days ago, finished 3-3

Was that the game where your superstar was diving for penalties in a charity game?

19 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Frenkie should sue barcelona for unilateral changes to contracts of employment.   They have reneged on the agreement therefore he has a right to force specific performance or cancelation. 

He won't though, He will just bend over and take it up the bum with no lube... just how @DeadLinesman likes it.. 

Archived