talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Frenkie de Jong - Man United bound?

On 29/06/2022 at 19:28, Happy Blue said:

If he's that type of player and only coming for the money then yeah, you have a chance  ..yet his best mate Elano played at City when he signed :4_joy: ..he wasn't wrong, united are in trafford borough, not Manchester :ph34r:

should be renamed Trafford United

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

should be renamed Trafford United

I've been campaigning for years to get them to do the right thing and rename the club to the Trafford Borough Red Sox's but they are not interested, they seem happy being a snide Manchester club because nobody knows where Trafford is  ..would you like to sign my petition and donate on my go fund me page? 🤔 ..i will send you a pamphlet out about joining my militia 

11 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

I've been campaigning for years to get them to do the right thing and rename the club to the Trafford Borough Red Sox's but they are not interested, they seem happy being a snide Manchester club because nobody knows where Trafford is  ..would you like to sign my petition and donate on my go fund me page? 🤔 ..i will send you a pamphlet out about joining my militia 

they wear black Sox though.   now they could be called late night with Lilly Singh

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Looks like Barca need the cash and are forcing Frenkie out, wonder why no top clubs are interested in him anymore? 🤔

20220702_184539.jpg

The thing with de Jong is his lack of consistency(and not always playing in his exact position) and there are other, young Spanish midfielders in the side who perform on a more regular basis. He's very talented and has had some great periods but the club have 200 mil euros to spend now and if de Jong brought in 70/80 or so, that 270 mil Euros could help boost the team significantly, registering players like Kessie and Christensen, sorting out Gavi's new contract and bringing in a few attacking players(a Dembélé replacement and maybe Lewandowski?) and defender(Kounde looks likely), that would make a better allround team and have a good balance of young and more experienced players.

It will be sad to see Frenkie leave though, but it's probably necessary. 

Edited by Carnivore Chris
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Carnivore Chris said:

The thing with de Jong is his lack of consistency(and not always playing in his exact position) and there are other, young Spanish midfielders in the side who perform on a more regular basis. He's very talented and has had some great periods but the club have 200 mil euros to spend now and if de Jong brought in 70/80 or so, that 270 mil Euros could help boost the team significantly, registering players like Kessie and Christensen, sorting out Gavi's new contract and bringing in a few attacking players(a Dembélé replacement and maybe Lewandowski?) and defender(Kounde looks likely), that would make a better allround team and have a good balance of young and more experienced players.

It will be sad to see Frenkie leave though, but it's probably necessary. 

It seem's Pep's not interested in him now, maybe because of the consistence issue's, it's alarming that no other clubs are bidding for him if he's for sale ..yeah can understand from a club point of view with your money problems, he's a luxury you cant afford right now and like you said the money you mug united off for will fix a few problems for you ..hope you don't use it to try buy Bernardo Silva :4_joy:  ..you have a good youth player that can replace him, think we are trying to poach him lol, forgot his name

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Apparently Barsa have said he’s not for sale. What the fuck is going on 🤣

De Jong is refusing to move to you people are saying now :4_joy: ..but Barca want him to take a pay cut to stay. you should go buy Bowen and Rice, this guys wasting your time

7 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

De Jong is refusing to move to you people are saying now :4_joy: ..but Barca want him to take a pay cut to stay. you should go buy Bowen and Rice, this guys wasting your time

It would never have got to this stage if De Jong was flat out saying no. Even you know that! Having read the quotes, I think Barsa are posturing so they can blame the player. “We had to sell him because he wouldn’t take a pay cut”. What an awful club they are.

• Upvote 1

man United are wasting time and have done fuck all all window and there is only 5 weeks left.   

they sold fuck all, bought fuck all and are going into the season that looks like Mike Ashley.  Man United barely got 6th now Ronaldo wants out ASAP and it looks like management was never the problem.   Man United have a poor setup maybe the glazers are trying to tank them into sale.   

right now man United are heading for a absolute disaster season

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

It would never have got to this stage if De Jong was flat out saying no. Even you know that! Having read the quotes, I think Barsa are posturing so they can blame the player. “We had to sell him because he wouldn’t take a pay cut”. What an awful club they are.

Think what's happened was they told De Jong  Manchester wants to sign you, he's said cool, can't wait to work with Pep and Barca has just gone "yeah" :ph34r::4_joy:

Edited by Happy Blue

9 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Think what's happened was they told De Jong  Manchester wants to sign you, he's said cool, can't wait to work with Pep and Barca has just gone "yeah" :ph34r::4_joy:

Probably got his Champions League 22/23 tattoo already :ph34r:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Devil said:

What a complete shambles, we need at least two midfielders this window.

If we are wasting our time then move on to the next target.

What do you think about Bowen and Rice?

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Devil said:

If we are wasting our time then move on to the next target.

Looks like you having as much success as we are with transfers... well at least for now xD For us I would always worry that if the first choice targets don't get over the line and you have to keep dropping down an option to 2nd choice or even 3rd choice players then you are just getting by with what you could get rather than what you need so it's more a case of shoring up rather than building up... 

A lot of our players failed to live up to expectations and it's often felt that some are just a level below where they need to be in a side that wants to challenge for titles/cups etc so going for second or third choice signings is just doing more of the same in my opinion, you are not gaining anything just maintaining what you have so as a result could expect more of the same each season with the odd bright moments of promise in the early stages followed by a slump when it matters at the end.. 

The other issue I have with it is that these second/third choice players would be signing on for anywhere between 4 and 5 years and if they don't improve the side you are stuck with them or end having to do a Lukaku and take a huge hit on them moving on.. Every now and then you can get a surprise gem out of someone but it's rare to have 90% of the club signings to all have a good first season.. 

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

What an awful club they are.

Think in the past few weeks this has become incredibly evident. Putting pressure on players and agents whilst creating this sort of condescending mannerism in the market because they know they will get what they want now. 

Can't wait until this shit falls flat on their face again. Such short term thinking with this TV revenue deal. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Looks like you having as much success as we are with transfers... well at least for now xD For us I would always worry that if the first choice targets don't get over the line and you have to keep dropping down an option to 2nd choice or even 3rd choice players then you are just getting by with what you could get rather than what you need so it's more a case of shoring up rather than building up... 

A lot of our players failed to live up to expectations and it's often felt that some are just a level below where they need to be in a side that wants to challenge for titles/cups etc so going for second or third choice signings is just doing more of the same in my opinion, you are not gaining anything just maintaining what you have so as a result could expect more of the same each season with the odd bright moments of promise in the early stages followed by a slump when it matters at the end.. 

The other issue I have with it is that these second/third choice players would be signing on for anywhere between 4 and 5 years and if they don't improve the side you are stuck with them or end having to do a Lukaku and take a huge hit on them moving on.. Every now and then you can get a surprise gem out of someone but it's rare to have 90% of the club signings to all have a good first season.. 

That's United on a groundhog day loop. Let's have it right City and Liverpool are picking off the cream at this time, the rest of us are grabbing at second tier standard players.

I don't see how we get out of it unless we unearth another Sir Alex in Ten Hag.

I would absolutely love it if DeJong tells Barcelona to fuck off, and the Kounde, Raphinha, & Lewandowski deals fall through. 

De Jong already rejected a wage decrease too. 

17 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I would absolutely love it if DeJong tells Barcelona to fuck off, and the Kounde, Raphinha, & Lewandowski deals fall through. 

De Jong already rejected a wage decrease too. 

They shouldn't be allowed to buy any players if they cant even afford to pay the one's they currently have, the spud faced chancers want to buy Bernardo Silva too :4_joy:

8 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

They shouldn't be allowed to buy any players if they cant even afford to pay the one's they currently have, the spud faced chancers want to buy Bernardo Silva too :4_joy:

They can buy whoever they want, they just can't register them. 

Shitehouse Romero now saying we are apparently interested. 

Let me guess, Barcelona are using Romero to fabricate a story about our interest in order to put pressure on Man United buying De Jong, as Barca's Raphinha and Lewandowski's deals are entirely dependent on Barcelona getting De Jong off of the wage bill?

45 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Shitehouse Romero now saying we are apparently interested. 

Let me guess, Barcelona are using Romero to fabricate a story about our interest in order to put pressure on Man United buying De Jong, as Barca's Raphinha and Lewandowski's deals are entirely dependent on Barcelona getting De Jong off of the wage bill?

obviously, like Reims did liking PSG to that shit for brains Ekitike so they could sell high and how Lille tried to make it like Milan could afford to pay for the demands on Botman.

European football is waltzing into an economic disaster if governing bodies don't regulate what is essentially slave trading