talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Frenkie de Jong - Man United bound?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Ornstein claiming it as well this morning. Nice 12 weeks pissed down the drain. Same shit, different day. Should have moved on weeks ago.

Why have you wasted so much time trying to buy a player that doesn't want to play you? :S 

A part of me believes he will still go to United as I sincerely doubt our interest is genuine. Romano is claiming Boehly recommended the player to Tuchel, but Boehly also recommended Kounde and Tuchel vetoed the move last minute. 

I think our midfield signing this summer is only Chukwuemeka. 

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

A part of me believes he will still go to United as I sincerely doubt our interest is genuine. Romano is claiming Boehly recommended the player to Tuchel, but Boehly also recommended Kounde and Tuchel vetoed the move last minute. 

I think our midfield signing this summer is only Chukwuemeka. 

According to reports our interest in signing him is in full swing.... If it were true and he did arrive I would still be a bit apprehensive of signing a player being forced out by his old club because coming to us is not exactly his dream move more a tactical gamble based on CL football... 

Having said that he is a decent player and would freshen up our midfield.. 

8 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

According to reports our interest in signing him is in full swing.... If it were true and he did arrive I would still be a bit apprehensive of signing a player being forced out by his old club because coming to us is not exactly his dream move more a tactical gamble based on CL football... 

Having said that he is a decent player and would freshen up our midfield.. 

If this were to happen I can only see it being a last week, deadline day type of deal.

Barcelona have asked Pique and Busquets to take a wage reduction...again!   They're just exploiting both of the players loyalty to Barcelona, and that they'll be pressured by fans into taking the cuts to an extreme. Both players shouldn't have accepted a wage reduction originally, but this is taking the mick. No-one's forced them into signing Raphinha, Kounde and Lewandowski and if they outright can't afford to register them then they just need to do what any other club would and wait for players to leave first.

The signs of desperation are there, so I imagine if our interest is real we'd have all the leverage to push this until the final days of the window to get a better deal. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

If this were to happen I can only see it being a last week, deadline day type of deal.

Barcelona have asked Pique and Busquets to take a wage reduction...again!   They're just exploiting both of the players loyalty to Barcelona, and that they'll be pressured by fans into taking the cuts to an extreme. Both players shouldn't have accepted a wage reduction originally, but this is taking the mick. No-one's forced them into signing Raphinha, Kounde and Lewandowski and if they outright can't afford to register them then they just need to do what any other club would and wait for players to leave first.

The signs of desperation are there, so I imagine if our interest is real we'd have all the leverage to push this until the final days of the window to get a better deal. 

Have you seen the current wages he is on... unreal, no wonder Barca are in such a shit state

On 03/08/2022 at 09:42, Happy Blue said:

Why have you wasted so much time trying to buy a player that doesn't want to play you? :S 

He said he doesn't want to leave Barcelona, they are his dream club, his girlfriend and him have bought a house there, they love the city, they love the climate, he hasn't said he doesn't want to play for United.

Why have we wasted so much time on it?  Ten Hag wants him, he sees him as the ideal player to run United's midfield and the alternatives are not as good.  Plus unless de Jong agrees to take a massive cut in salary (possibly as much as 50%) and agrees to give up the €17m in deferred wages, Barcelona have to sell him. I can't see de Jong taking a pay cut and giving up his deferred wages, so he likely will be playing somewhere else next season.

Also given how long we have pushed this for, he must have told Ten Hag that if he is forced out of Barcelona he will come to United. Surely they would have moved on if he hadn't.  Whether you want a player who's heart and maybe his head is somewhere else, well that's debatable.

• Subscriber

I give up with this guy and all the reports O.o

Frenkie de Jong: Barcelona midfielder 'wants to stay' says club president Laporta

Frenkie de Jong "wants to stay" at Barcelona despite interest from Manchester United, says the club's president Joan Laporta.

The Premier League side agreed a £63.5m deal for the Netherlands midfielder, 25, last month, but the move is yet to be finalised.

De Jong came on at half-time and scored in Barcelona's 6-0 friendly win over Pumas UNAM on Sunday.

"He is a Barca player of great quality and we want him to stay," said Laporta.

"He has offers but we want him to stay and he wants to stay too."

De Jong has been linked with a move to Chelsea, but is also a key target for new Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag, whose side lost 2-1 at home to Brighton on Sunday in his first game in charge.

Reports have suggested Barcelona want De Jong to take a wage cut should he remain at the Nou Camp, amid the club's financial troubles.

The club are currently involved in a disagreement with De Jong over wages deferred by the Dutchman in the last couple of years which are now due to be paid.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62462006

Ornstein reporting we've agreed a transfer fee + his deferred wages for De Jong. 

All up to the player now. I'd love De Jong but I would genuinely love it if he held Barcelona ransom and the new players don't register. 

This situation just gets merkier.  Barcelona now claiming that when FDJ renewed his contract under the previous Board there was criminality and his current contract needs to be annulled.  I suspect any new contract would be on half his current salary.

Not sure we're FDJ will end up playing next season, but if he stays at Barcelona given they way they are treating him, it would be the equivalent of an abused wife staying with her husband because he didn't mean it, he's sorry and he won't do it again.

17 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Romero reporting that De Jong's agents meeting with Barcelona right now. 

Yeah it's all over the media.

No idea how this ends.

De Jong said to be still refusing a wage cut, unwilling to leave Barcelona and wants his deferred wages.  Barcelona don't want to keep him under those terms.

You would love to be a fly on the wall in that meeting.

There are rumours that Barcelona are going to activate a fourth lever and sell up to 49% of Barca studios to raise enough money to register all their players.  Which could be the way this ends, but it won't be comfortable for de Jong if he stays because of this.

5 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

it won't be comfortable for de Jong if he stays because of this.

Pique: "So why didn't you accept reduced terms like the rest of us?"

De Jong: "What did they say to you to make you reduce your wages the first time?"

Pique: "It needed to happen so we could register Messi"

De Jong: "And what happened?"

Pique: "......"

De Jong: ".............:

Pique: "... Have I ever told you what it's like to play at Old Trafford?"

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Pique: "So why didn't you accept reduced terms like the rest of us?"

De Jong: "What did they say to you to make you reduce your wages the first time?"

Pique: "It needed to happen so we could register Messi"

De Jong: "And what happened?"

Pique: "......"

De Jong: ".............:

Pique: "... Have I ever told you what it's like to play at Old Trafford?"

If only

Barcelona:  "Okay, so what we would like, is for you to take a pay cut, and to forgive a huge slice of the wages we haven't paid you. We need to do this to recruit new players and compete for the La Liga title, because if the success slows down, this big fugazi perpetual motion money cycle breaks down and we go bankrupt. This is reasonable no?"

De Jong: "Okay, so what I would like, is for you to honor the basic terms of the contract you offered me to play here, this is reasonable no?"

Archived