talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 37 Matches - 15-19th May, 2022

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Amazed you didn't score again. The Pulisic miss was the worst.

Typical end of season feel to it to be honest.

This is where I feel a bit for Tuchel.... You can't blame the tactics when we have most of the possession and had 20 shots to your 2.. what can you say when players like Pulisic miss chances like that, it's been the story of our season, players that are supposed to deliver in those type of moments failing to do so.. 

1 minute ago, OrangeKhrush said:

You have been awful the last couple months,   you need a big off season. 

Lot's to sort out... 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Now that the stress is over for you lot will you be wanting Lampard to stay or make way for another Manager??? 

He stays all day. In my whole life I've never seen club and fanbase unite like this. There are tactical issues I'd like to see resolved on his part but we'll worry about that later.

• Subscriber

I still simply cannot believe I've seen one of the most ridiculous and dysfunctional Everton teams in history come from 2-0 behind in a colossal fixture like that to win 3-2. I know Palace had nothing to fight for but still. What a basket case rollercoaster of a football club.

47 minutes ago, Stan said:

Nah fuck it. They can be the Wigan of this era! Play shite all season, scrape enough at the end of the season to survive. 

Not a bad comparison that apart from their playing style, but both clubs spent little and consistently punched above their weights in the league

• Administrator

The biggest news of the night isn't Everton's comeback victory resulting in survival. 

It's that we didn't concede from a corner tonight. 

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

Vieira could be in trouble here 

Disaster if he gets into any sort of trouble imo. Clearly being provoked by a fan who shouldn’t be on the pitch, should only end in an Everton fine and a ban for the dickhead getting in his face imo.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Danny said:

Disaster if he gets into any sort of trouble imo. Clearly being provoked by a fan who shouldn’t be on the pitch, should only end in an Everton fine and a ban for the dickhead getting in his face imo.

I agree. Sad state of affairs really. 

The fan will probably get a punishment too anyway. 

Disgrace if he gets punished. What is it with plebs intimidating and assaulting people over a game of football. It doesn’t even make much sense either, it’s Patrick Viera ffs, not as if it’s Gerrard who just beat you to send you down. 

This whole thing over the last short while kinda reminds me of that summer at the World Cup or Euros where it progressively became more and more of a thing that people would launch their pints when England scored.

It started off as a spontaneous, genuine reaction. Then things gradually snowballed, until you eventually wound up with thousands of roasters in bucket hats standing about, pints untouched, just waiting for any excuse to get in with the craze.

Likewise, you’ve now got pitch invasions for semi-final playoff wins and one of the richest clubs in Europe avoiding relegation.

This is why football fans invading the pitch isn't a great idea. There will always be dickheads in there trying to start something. Fairplay to the Everton fans that actually calmed things down though. Could've gotten much worse.

Most embarrassing thing about that was trying to mug off and show off to Patrick Vieira, multiple league winner and member of the invincible team, that your shit side just managed to stay up. 

With what happened at Forest, it was inevitable. Stewards are a fairly useless lot, anyone can get that job,, if the guys by the advertisement boards were at least night club doorman types you’d have less problems but not exactly realistic recruitment wise. 

• Administrator

Worries me that one of these bellends that pitch invades and carries a knife on them and decides to use it on a player. Especially given how easy it is to get flares in. Security at football grounds is pretty shite really. 

• Subscriber

I know it's very exciting watching the highlights of Everton's unlikely comeback and Vieira getting involved with an Everton fan after the final whistle but do not let this clip of Richarlison's perfectly bizarre celebration of the winning goal pass you by.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived