talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton 2-3 Brentford - Sunday 15th May, 2022

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

I genuinely think this is a mad take but I'll let you have it if you beat Leeds next week xD.

I’ll be honest I’m not that invested in todays game because we’re safe as, so this isn’t really coming from an emotional place. And I looked at the rules before making the post, it doesn’t mention shirt pulling specifically, but pulling the player. And when you watch the incident back Richarlison is never pulled in a direction by Ajer, just his shirt gets pulled a bit. But he, the player, physically doesn’t get pulled.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Danny said:

I’ll be honest I’m not that invested in todays game because we’re safe as, so this isn’t really coming from an emotional place. And I looked at the rules before making the post, it doesn’t mention shirt pulling specifically, but pulling the player. And when you watch the incident back Richarlison is never pulled in a direction by Ajer, just his shirt gets pulled a bit. But he, the player, physically doesn’t get pulled.

I know you consistently spout bollocks, but that's an out there take even for you.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Danny said:

he, the player, physically doesn’t get pulled.

Okay.

20220515_183713.jpg

His shirt is stretched to twice its normal width in the opposite direction to reach he was stretching for the ball fella.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Okay.

20220515_183713.jpg

His shirt is stretched to twice its normal width in the opposite direction to reach he was stretching for the ball fella.

Again mate, watch the actual footage of Richarlison’s body, it doesn’t move, he doesn’t go anywhere. You can post as many pictures as you want of the shirt pull but a shirt pull in of itself doesn’t mean it’s a foul, cos the player isn’t being pulled by it

4 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I know you consistently spout bollocks, but that's an out there take even for you.

I generally agree with a lot of Danny posts, unlike yourself who consistently spouts shite. I think he's wrong on this one though.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Danny said:

Again mate, watch the actual footage of Richarlison’s body, it doesn’t move, he doesn’t go anywhere. You can post as many pictures as you want of the shirt pull but a shirt pull in of itself doesn’t mean it’s a foul, cos the player isn’t being pulled by it

I don't mind you disagreeing that it's a penalty but the idea that a shirt pull to that extent isn't impacting on the player simply isn't anywhere near credible.

I did watch the footage. Richarlison despite being a massive diver stays on his feet and gives the referee an excuse to bottle the decision. If he let his body become a dead weight and got dragged down it gets given. Well you'd think so but you can't count on anything with these officials.

But whatever, it's gone. Just make sure you give Leeds the same treatment next week and it's sound.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

I don't mind you disagreeing that it's a penalty but the idea that a shirt pull to that extent isn't impacting on the player simply isn't anywhere near credible.

I did watch the footage. Richarlison despite being a massive diver stays on his feet and gives the referee an excuse to bottle the decision. If he let his body become a dead weight and got dragged down it gets given. Well you'd think so but you can't count on anything with these officials.

But whatever, it's gone. Just make sure you give Leeds the same treatment next week and it's sound.

Mate if the rules are specifically that a shirt pull is a foul then fair play it’s a pen, but from what I’ve read it’s not, and it’s a case of contact vs have you been impeded and Richarlison wasn’t impeded. But yeah, I think Leeds may beat us next week lol 

• Subscriber

20220515_190229.jpg

Is this the same defender in the reverse fixture? Or is this actually Southampton? If so, no wonder he thought he could get away with it. xD Completely forgotten about this one. Chuck it on the list.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

20220515_190229.jpg

Is this the same defender in the reverse fixture? Or is this actually Southampton? If so, no wonder he thought he could get away with it. xD Completely forgotten about this one. Chuck it on the list.

That looks like Charlie Goode but I could be wrong.

Rico Henry and Ivan Toney’s family racially abused at the game today, obviously not a reflection on Everton fans as a whole but it’s mad what a sense of loss over the football can do to someone’s brain, the entitlement to go and racially abuse people because of it.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Danny said:

Rico Henry and Ivan Toney’s family racially abused at the game today, obviously not a reflection on Everton fans as a whole but it’s mad what a sense of loss over the football can do to someone’s brain, the entitlement to go and racially abuse people because of it.

People who do that, it's not because of the football that that exists in their brain as something they'd go to. If that exists within them then any emotional response that leads them to reveal it is just an excuse. I expect those that come out with this stuff at football matches probably spout it semi-regularly in the safety of their living room on a regular basis. It's vile and hopefully they're identified and banned for life.

36 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

People who do that, it's not because of the football that that exists in their brain as something they'd go to. If that exists within them then any emotional response that leads them to reveal it is just an excuse. I expect those that come out with this stuff at football matches probably spout it semi-regularly in the safety of their living room on a regular basis. It's vile and hopefully they're identified and banned for life.

Completely agree, it’s definitely something they take to the game with them. I imagine the club will take swift action

In the season we went down, Koln scored a last minute winner against us, where a player clearly and obviously fouled our keeper, knocking his arm away while he was about to make a regulation catch, ball spills, gets knocked home. But in Germany at the time VAR couldn't be used for a foul on the keeper. So 1-1, and 2 critical points dropped through no fault of our own. The decision is so poor that the rule around fouls on the keeper and VAR is changed. 

Fast forward and we're level in a game, and we score a winner, that is ruled out through VAR for a foul on the opposing keeper. A VERY soft one mind. The rule fucked us when it wasn't in place, then when it was established it fucked us again. Cost us 4 points and relegated us. 

My point is when you're on the brink, nothing seems to go your way. You're not alone in this Everton. Shit you don't care so much about when it's the difference between finishing 14th and 9th becomes massive. 

10 hours ago, Stan said:

@Danny mate it's a clear pull of the shirt. Other defenders have been done for much less.

I get that his shirt was pulled mate, I just don’t think the shirt pulling impeded Richarlison in the slightest. Different levels of force to pull a shirt and pull a player and I don’t think the player was being pulled back by the action of shirt pulling on this occasion. And as far as I’m aware shirt pulling specifically isn’t a foul, pulling a player back is. Happy to be wrong on that if shirt pulling specifically is a foul regardless if it impedes the player or not, but that’s not something I’ve read.

• Subscriber

I'm pretty sure that it doesn't explicitly mention in the rule book that drop kicking an opponent in the chest is an offence either but I'd like to see someone try to get away with that on a football pitch.

When you've got Liverpool fans saying it should have been a penalty to Everton and even calling it bizarre, it's time to let it go.

It still isn't the most blatant penalty we've been denied this season, though, I'll give you that.

Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 11.05.07.png

At least the officials in the Championship can't be any worse.

42 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm pretty sure that it doesn't explicitly mention in the rule book that drop kicking an opponent in the chest is an offence either but I'd like to see someone try to get away with that on a football pitch.

When you've got Liverpool fans saying it should have been a penalty to Everton and even calling it bizarre, it's time to let it go.

It still isn't the most blatant penalty we've been denied this season, though, I'll give you that.

Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 11.05.07.png

At least the officials in the Championship can't be any worse.

I’ve just watched it on the football show and the ref on there is saying a shirt pull in itself is a pen so fair play I’ll hold my hands up there. But interesting that they think Richarlison is also grappling with Ajer and that’s why it’s not been given 

• The title was changed to Everton 2-3 Brentford - Sunday 15th May, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived