02/05/2021 - Newcastle 0-2 Arsenal
18/01/2021 - Arsenal 3-0 Newcastle

Recent Form
Newcastle - LLWWW
Arsenal - LWWWW

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on the North London Derby I wouldn't be surprised if Arsenal drop points here. Aaron Ramsdale seems to have lost his confidence in the last third of the season, they can't put out there strongest defence and Saka doesn't seem as effective with Nketiah up top.

2 hours ago, Tar-Mairon said:

Come on Newcastle, make their cheating little turd of a so-called "manager" cry.

I don't know if this is a kid trying to sound grown up or an old man trying to sound young and edgy.

Haha, very good but neither.

Arteta is a cheat. He deliberately tried to fix a match by calling a phony Covid outbreak when he could have fielded a team had he actually installed some discipline in his players and not sent two out on loan. He is a cheat and deserves to be called a cheat.

Then when it backfired on him, he had his little cry at the referee on Thursday for two correct decisions.

He's a cheat. I'm never going to like Wenger but you would never see him or Emery stoop to their levels of Arteta.

So I'll say it again.

Arteta is a cheat.

Think Top 4 is sorted if Arsenal fail to get 3 points here. 

Spurs failing to get 3 points against Norwich at home and/or Chelsea losing to both Watford and Leicester at home probably unlikely. 

26 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Think Top 4 is sorted if Arsenal fail to get 3 points here. 

Spurs failing to get 3 points against Norwich at home and/or Chelsea losing to both Watford and Leicester at home probably unlikely. 

Spurs are away to Norwich and Chelsea could conceivably lose to Leicester after their 1-5 win. But losing to Watford? I don't think that they'll be that down in the dumps after losing the final.

7 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

One look at the PL record between these two clubs would suggest an Arsenal win, 33 wins compared to 11 but..............who knows? Arsenal seem to lack staying power to last the whole match.

Our record against arsenal is comically bad,  but there is new optimism and we are a club on the up.   This is also the last home game so hopefully we start to reverse the trend.  

1 hour ago, Tar-Mairon said:

Haha, very good but neither.

Arteta is a cheat. He deliberately tried to fix a match by calling a phony Covid outbreak when he could have fielded a team had he actually installed some discipline in his players and not sent two out on loan. He is a cheat and deserves to be called a cheat.

Then when it backfired on him, he had his little cry at the referee on Thursday for two correct decisions.

He's a cheat. I'm never going to like Wenger but you would never see him or Emery stoop to their levels of Arteta.

So I'll say it again.

Arteta is a cheat.

Do you mean when they were forced to play the first game despite a covid outbreak? I'm not so sure that's evidence of cheating. The covid test results are announced by a third party who conducted the tests - so it's not like clubs have control over who they report positive and who they don't.

Almost every manager moans, when Conte moaned about Arteta moaning he started bitching about Fabinho from the week prior xD - it's a high pressure and results driven job, they do the most they can to deflect pressure onto officials and anyone else. You'd be hard pressed to find a top flight manager that never moans... especially when they lose a big match with decisions going against them (even if I think in the NLD the big decisions were all made correctly).

Having said that, I think Arsenal can have a tough time here today if Newcastle turn up. They've improved a lot since Mr. Bone Saw's taken over - but they don't have a lot to play for today considering they're very safe - whereas Arsenal have CL to play for so they should be well up for this.

• Subscriber

I think we're hoping for Arsenal to drop points here and a couple of early goals for Spurs on Sunday to put things out of their reach and flatten the crowd in the Emirates.

Every little helps.

• Administrator

Newcastle all over Arsenal for that half, barring about 5 collective minutes. 

Should have capitalised on that pressure. Arsenal need to change tactically or personnel. Newcastle just look quicker on and off the ball. 

• Administrator

Dive from Almiron xDxD

Expect the same criticism from a certain Newcastle fan that he's given Everton fans recently. 

• The title was changed to Newcastle 2-0 Arsenal - Sunday 15th May, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived