• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

21/22 Premier League Player of the Season

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Will get slated for this but I think De Gea should be in the list.

Anyone having to play with Maguire should receive commendations.

Glad to see Ward-Prowse and Bowen recognised, they have had marvellous seasons and deserve their places.

De Bruyne is finishing really strong but its important to remember Salah was like this first half of the season. He'd have walked this if decided in January. He just hasn't been the same since the African Nations though IMO which has arguably tainted his claim. I think he also suffers because his standards are so ridiculous.

Son has been pretty consistant throughout and like KDB, finishing in unbelievable form and I think he's got a tendancy to be overlooked which is daft. Given Kane took a while to get going, its testament to Son he's the leading scorer for that club this season without a single penalty.

I'd probably go De Bruyne though as I think what he contributes all round to the team without a solid focal point up front is just magnificent. He's been consistnatly good from around October onwards for me and he shoulders the responsibility for that club. It's no coincidence that City's form began to peak when he found his feet.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Devil said:

Cancelo has been incredible for City but won't get it due to the fact he's a full back.

I'd possibly go with that as well albeit it'll be called hipsters choice. Consistently excellent.

Salah looked a shoo-in a few weeks ago but he's really dipped to a point I feel like you probably can't give it to him. Son has been more consistent.

• Subscriber

Actually really tough, could make a case for three or four of them without any of them being the stand out player. Tbh I’d give it to Salah or De Bruyne whoever wins the league 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived