talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League Transfers

On 23/06/2022 at 19:54, The Palace Fan said:

Dan Ballard has signed for Burnley. I think that move has come a year too early for him in all honesty. Plenty of potential but I don't think another year at a side like Millwall would have been bad for him at all.

Ryan Giles has completed a loan move to Middlesbrough. If they can sign an experienced Goalkeeper and two reasonable forwards I'd fancy them for promotion.

& a slightly less glamorous transfer but still a good deal on paper: Peter Kioso has signed for Rotherham from Luton Town.

Ballard hasn't signed for us 

Big man has though. 

We being linked with Rotherham midfielder Ben Wiles too 

58 minutes ago, Claret and Blue said:

Ballard hasn't signed for us 

Big man has though. 

We being linked with Rotherham midfielder Ben Wiles too 

Yes, Burnley pulled out in the 11th hour and landed (in my opinion) a defender with more potential in Luke McNally.

Ben Wiles is a bit meh for a side with automatic promotion aspirations though.

21 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Charlie Cresswell set to join Millwall on loan. @Lucasquite surprised his unit of a dad never played for them.

To be fair, his old man had about 15 bloody clubs in all.

I really like Cresswell. He's an absolute brute of a kid, solid as a rock and in all honesty, would love to have him here. But these U23 lads we got, they all want to get out there and play games. So much talent we have, but its keeping them happy.

Millwall will love him. Him and Jake Cooper together, you would not fancy being up against those two.

Edited by Lucas

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Yes, Burnley pulled out in the 11th hour and landed (in my opinion) a defender with more potential in Luke McNally.

Ben Wiles is a bit meh for a side with automatic promotion aspirations though.

Heard 2 stories. Failed medical 😷 

Wanted too much money.. 

Id be happy with play offs at the moment this squad is not good enough for automatic.. 

Could do with a winger 

And somebody like Archer on loan plus them city lads 

• Subscriber

Really happy with our transfer window so far and still plenty more to come!

Niall Maher from Halifax, Danilo Orsi from Harrogate and Stephen Wearne from Sunderland have all signed for us on frees whilst we've also managed to keep hold of some of our key players that got us promoted (bar Ben Fox who's gone to Northampton) which isn't like us at all - it's a sign of the direction we're going in as a club under our new owners, and I love it.

Still no Fabregas... 

46 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Really happy with our transfer window so far and still plenty more to come!

Niall Maher from Halifax, Danilo Orsi from Harrogate and Stephen Wearne from Sunderland have all signed for us on frees whilst we've also managed to keep hold of some of our key players that got us promoted (bar Ben Fox who's gone to Northampton) which isn't like us at all - it's a sign of the direction we're going in as a club under our new owners, and I love it.

Still no Fabregas... 

Halifax lad decent signing especially on a free.. I went to some of their home games with lads I work with he stood out for them 

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Claret and Blue said:

Halifax lad decent signing especially on a free.. I went to some of their home games with lads I work with he stood out for them 

Yeah really happy with that one. Was in the National League Team of the Year too so that makes it even better we've grabbed him on a free. He's got Championship and League One experience too. Played for Blackpool and Bury previously.

Edited by Pyfish
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Grimsby sign Anthony Glennon from Burnley on a 2 year deal. Really rated this guy when he was on loan with us a couple of seasons ago and he definitely put in the work so delighted that we've got him back.

That's a very good signing for Cardiff.

On top of that yesterday...

Carlton Morris has joined Cauley Woodrow at Luton for a fee in the region of 2m.

David Kasumu has signed for Huddersfield Town on a free transfer.

Placheta has joined Birmingham on loan.

Anel Ahmedhodzic has signed for Sheffield United. 

Rhys Williams has joined Blackpool on loan. Hope he develops well, he looked raw as fuck that season he had to be thrown in the deep end because we had no defenders left - ended up looking better than the Turkish lad we loaned in from Schalke in the end... but I'm not sure he was ever convincingly premiership quality.

18 minutes ago, Stan said:

Dwight Gayle signs for Stoke - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62265586

Seems to have been around forever, actually was surprised to read there he is 32, definitely would have said 34/35. 

He's your classic Championship striker. Can't quite hold down a regular spot in the Premier League but feels dead comfortable the level below. Not often failed at this level.

The one thing he has always had going for him I've seen is he usually finds himself in the right areas for finishing. He does get himself in that box like strikers should.

It will be a clever signing for Stoke that, especially as they have players like Josh Tyman who can get good delivery into the box.

On 06/07/2022 at 12:40, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Signing number 10 complete. Romaine Sawyers joins from West Brom.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62041691

Brilliant signing, was excellent for us and only really left because his contract ran down and we had to make a financial decision. Not a blood and guts midfielder so won't be as committed in the 50/50 challenges as some, but is brave on the ball and leads through how he tries to move the ball forward.

7 minutes ago, Danny said:

Brilliant signing, was excellent for us and only really left because his contract ran down and we had to make a financial decision. Not a blood and guts midfielder so won't be as committed in the 50/50 challenges as some, but is brave on the ball and leads through how he tries to move the ball forward.

Always heard he was a good player and the sort we needed really. We signed a decent amount of midfielders but not many with the experience or quality of Sawyers. He'll be a key player without question.

• The title was changed to Football League Transfers