talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League Transfers

• Subscriber

Luton have signed Grimsby's John McAtee for an undisclosed fee (rumoured to be around £500k) with him being loaned straight back to Grimsby until the end of the season.

Gutted he's leaving but happy we've got him until the end of the season. Didn't want to agree new terms as he had ambitions of playing higher so probably would have lost him on a free at the end of the season anyway.

https://t.co/KFCRCwFYOX

24 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

14 players... :o

Where are you getting all this cash from??? 

The vast majority are free or loans, with only Tanner costing a fee prior to this (Etete cost £500k according to reports, with Tanner costing £50k). We also released a lot of our first team as they were on high wages and weren't going to be part of Morison's plan.

Saw this on the Cardiff forum to give you more of an idea.

C9875EF7-53A2-4706-B471-88E3AAC62FFB.thumb.jpeg.bddcb51bee0399202e830ec68c6e390a.jpeg

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

The vast majority are free or loans, with only Tanner costing a fee prior to this (Etete cost £500k according to reports, with Tanner costing £50k). We also released a lot of our first team as they were on high wages and weren't going to be part of Morison's plan.

Saw this on the Cardiff forum to give you more of an idea.

C9875EF7-53A2-4706-B471-88E3AAC62FFB.thumb.jpeg.bddcb51bee0399202e830ec68c6e390a.jpeg

Not bad at all... How do you think the season will go bedding a lot of those players in?? 

12 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Not bad at all... How do you think the season will go bedding a lot of those players in?? 

One of two ways really. Either we struggle and are in a relegation fight, or we surprise a few and compete at least mid table.

If the Norwich game is anything to go by, I think we might surprise a few as while we didn't create a lot in the final third, we tried to play some good football (despite fielding a near brand new team) and held a recently relegated team that includes Cantwell and Pukki to practically nothing (one Allsop save from Cantwell and a flick onto the bar were the only chances they had all game). 

Watters had a pretty poor game and while a decent enough squad player, he shouldn't be our main striker. Here's hoping that Etete will be the missing piece of the puzzle up front.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

He's quite skillful. Always looked half decent when he played for us in League Cup and stuff but didn't get many chances in the Premier League. Presumably for a reason.

20 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Very good whenever he's played, but sadly that's only ever been cup games so only a handful of times. Think you could do a lot worse :)

Sounds good to hear. If he signs, I'll be surprised if he doesn't start. Bagan is decent enough but mainly as backup.

• 4 months later...

I'm just gonna put this in here as its a transfer thread.

Joe Gelhardt is joing Wigan today on loan. It's a good move for him, a good move for them and a good move for us.

I feel sorry for Joffy. He's clearly a very talented kid but I think his development has suffered a bit because we needed him for a bench role.

He needs regular minututes and to find some rhythm. I've no doubt his confidence will come and he'll bang in goals for Wigan and come back to us all the better for it.

• The title was changed to Football League Transfers
4 hours ago, Stan said:

James Bree going to Southampton, so Luton opting for Cody Drameh at Leeds. 

@Lucas. Good move? 

Drameh went to Cardiff in January last year on loan and it really benefitted him massively. I think in his short time there he won their Youth Player of the Season award.

He's found it tough this season because we bought Rasmus Kristensen and then more recently, Luke Ayling has forced his way back in the team so chances have been limited. I feel for him in that respect.

Going somewhere like Luton will be a great move for Cody, he's definitely got talent and I think he has a future here, but it's all part of developing and playing for a progressive side will bribg the beat out of him. Good signing for Luton too because James Bree is an absolute mainstay in that team.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/01/2023 at 15:59, Lucas said:

Drameh went to Cardiff in January last year on loan and it really benefitted him massively. I think in his short time there he won their Youth Player of the Season award.

He's found it tough this season because we bought Rasmus Kristensen and then more recently, Luke Ayling has forced his way back in the team so chances have been limited. I feel for him in that respect.

Going somewhere like Luton will be a great move for Cody, he's definitely got talent and I think he has a future here, but it's all part of developing and playing for a progressive side will bribg the beat out of him. Good signing for Luton too because James Bree is an absolute mainstay in that team.

Had a good first game but took a knock and sat out the Coventry away trip but looks solid and Bree second class.