talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League Transfers

5 hours ago, Stan said:

Ethan Horvath on loan to Cardiff too. 

@Bluebird Hewitt

Heard he's a left back, which we desperately needed as Collins has been poor and O'Dowda has been injured for a while.

Horvath coming in has meant that Runnarsson has had his loan terminated, which can only be a good thing as he was shite. Every game he was in goal reminded me of the days of Bywater, Warner, Enckleman, Kantstopashot etc.

14 minutes ago, Stan said:

Didn't think they needed more strikers? 

We missed the boat here. While we've signed Dièdhiou on loan, we were apparently very close to signing Moore at the beginning of the window, so fuck knows what happened there.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Heard he's a left back, which we desperately needed as Collins has been poor and O'Dowda has been injured for a while.

Horvath coming in has meant that Runnarsson has had his loan terminated, which can only be a good thing as he was shite. Every game he was in goal reminded me of the days of Bywater, Warner, Enckleman, Kantstopashot etc.

We missed the boat here. While we've signed Dièdhiou on loan, we were apparently very close to signing Moore at the beginning of the window, so fuck knows what happened there.

Perhaps his agent was seeing what they could get, or other teams interested but were more quiet about it. 

3 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

@Stan and @Dan will be sad to hear that Leicester legend Vontae Daley-Campbell has left us by mutual consent. 

What a career he's had! 

Happy with that. Solid player.

Gives us that bit of strength in depth we needed. You'd like to think he'll thrive playing with the likes of Rodon, Ampadu and James too, not to mention knowing Piroe also.

Also gives us the option to get Archie Gray back in midfield too which is his main position after all.

P.S Fair play Wales xD

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

@Stan and @Dan will be sad to hear that Leicester legend Vontae Daley-Campbell has left us by mutual consent. 

With the greatest of respect he looked about a League Two, possibly even National League player to me. I've no idea how he got a deal here.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

With the greatest of respect he looked about a League Two, possibly even National League player to me. I've no idea how he got a deal here.

No respect needed as he was utter wank for us in the handful of games he played. Bulut apparently didn't seem happy with him earlier in the season as it seemed like he was happy to rot away collecting his wages than move elsewhere (though that's more our fault I guess).

• Subscriber
55 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

No respect needed as he was utter wank for us in the handful of games he played. Bulut apparently didn't seem happy with him earlier in the season as it seemed like he was happy to rot away collecting his wages than move elsewhere (though that's more our fault I guess).

It tallies up. Just a really poor player and miles off it for me.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Dan said:

Another absolute embarrassment from this ownership and director of football. When are our fans going to wake up to these lot.

Context: We fucked up the Sensi deal and left ourselves with no alternative. So to sum up our window...

In: Thomas (Returned from loan)
Out: Iversen (Stoke, loan), Thomas (Middlesbrough, loan), Smithies (retired), Casadei (recalled)

With Ndidi out until April as well.

There's a part of me that thinks we fuck this. We've managed to successfully fuck Maresca over so he'll be livid now. I'm not quite at the point of thinking we won't go up, but we're leaving this more to chance than we needed to and it really didn't need anything major. Just get a fucking loanee in for fuck sake if Sensi is too complicated a deal. We flew him over, did the announcement videos, the medical and everything, and tomorrow he's on his way back to Milan. Really have had enough of this clown director of football who can do literally no wrong in the owners eyes. It's pathetic.

• Administrator

Yeah Rudkin needs to go. He must have so much dirt on so many other people in the hierarchy for him to hang around like a bad smell for so many years. He's too comfortable now to be able to pull off stunts like this. 

What other club pursues only one player for the whole month and still doesn't get him, leaving it too late to do anything else or think of alternatives if things like yesterday happen? 

It wouldn't surprise me if Maresca walked. I don't think he will, but there wouldn't be much shock given he's done everything he can so far and perhaps hasn't been given the full picture financially. If we screw this over because he wasn't supported from his bosses to strengthen even just a little bit, heads needs to roll from above. And let alone the fans who seem to want to hound him out despite the position we're in. 

Got to say, Hull had a great window with Giles, Carvalho and Zaroury but equally, I'd say Ipswich have really given themselves a great chance now.

I think many (and I'd happily include myself in that) were prepared to write them off and assume with us and Southampton changing they would fade away but they've gone for it more than I expected.

Kieffer Moore coming in for example, is great for them, especially with Leif Davis swinging in those crosses and Sarmiento looks handy too.

Southampton were clever in bringing in Rothwell who will rotate and be a solid squad player but Brooks is a hell of a loan signing. You can just tell that one is going to work, assuming he stays fit.

Would have loved for us to bring in one more but I'll gladly settle for Roberts. I do think we have arguably the best front four when on song so improving that would have been difficult.

I know Leicester fans will be concerned by the lack of strengthening and won't exactly be coming out the window with a feel good factor, but they still have a great squad and with the points advantage they have, really should still see this through. They got leeway to have a few off days unlike the rest of us and just need to hold it together.

Massive bonus for them keeping Dewsbury-Hall because as soon as someone like Ornstein tweets Brighton are making a move, the possibility of a departure was there.

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Lucas said:

I know Leicester fans will be concerned by the lack of strengthening and won't exactly be coming out the window with a feel good factor, but they still have a great squad and with the points advantage they have, really should still see this through. They got leeway to have a few off days unlike the rest of us and just need to hold it together.

Massive bonus for them keeping Dewsbury-Hall because as soon as someone like Ornstein tweets Brighton are making a move, the possibility of a departure was there.

We haven't just not strengthened though, we have weakened. The Sensi fiasco, which is yet another circus to be overseen by this regime, has distracted people including lots of our own fans that we are considerably down on where we entered the window.

These things all happened in January:

- Iversen was loaned out to Stoke. That's no loss despite the fact I think he's perfectly capable at this level, but we have a very good goalkeeper and a backup that looks increasingly impressive too. A shame for me that we couldn't sell him when for example Cardiff would go on to buy Horvath this very month. Opportunity for some money missed, unless he's sold in the summer.

- Thomas was sent back by Sheffield United and then loaned to Middlesbrough.

- Ndidi got injured until April.

- Casadei was recalled by Chelsea.

My issue is less about Sensi, although the way it's come about is embarrassing for the club, but it's more that we are two midfielders down on where we were until April. If we get a loanee in, essentially a Casadei like for like - great. This should've been the preferred option when it appeared that Sensi wasn't a done deal, which many of us assumed it was.

Now I know most of the league will have the tiniest violin out for us here but it's besides the point. This is a four horse race, one we are winning, but one we have not yet won, and there is no doubt in my eyes we're the only one of the four to not only not go forwards, but go backwards.

We've just got to hope Maresca doesn't down tools like Rodgers did. I don't think that's what he's about, but I think we've broken trust with him now and he's really not too enamoured by us.

I'm quite confident having spoken to a bit of an FFP whizz that Dewsbury-Hall goes early in the summer too. He's our most sellable asset by a mile and it increasingly appears we're going to have to sell one.

It's just too many cockups under this lot.

On 02/02/2024 at 23:48, Dan said:

We've just got to hope Maresca doesn't down tools like Rodgers did. I don't think that's what he's about, but I think we've broken trust with him now and he's really not too enamoured by us.

He seemed more annoyed in his press conference with fans complaining about the style of football as opposed to the missed transfer opportunities.

• Subscriber
23 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

He seemed more annoyed in his press conference with fans complaining about the style of football as opposed to the missed transfer opportunities.

He's quite prickly in general I think. He's got a right to be pissed off on both counts. I'm not denying that some of our games, particularly at home are a bit dull but that is frankly because they're a mismatch. That being said our fans have become embarrassingly bad these days - I don't know where this frustration was last year in the stands.