talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Daniel Farke announced as new Borussia Mönchengladbach coach

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

A bit amusing. Pay 7.5 million for a manager in the summer, and then sack him after an underwhelming but not a completely disastrous season... Wonder who will take over.

45 minutes ago, Spike said:

I'm not wearing my speccies and I thought the topic title said 'Gladbach sack Hitler'. About 80 years too late!

Funnily enough his name is Adolf too. 😬

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Funnily enough his name is Adolf too. 😬

My wife had a work colleague of Jamaican parentage, his father was named Adolf. A colleague of mine has a family with strong German heritage, his grandfather was also named Adolf.

I wonder if it will ever come back into usage. It's not like it's a bad name or anything, just unfortunately associated with someone awful. But it isn't like every common name hasn't had a tyrant associated with it.

15 hours ago, Tommy said:

I'd like to see this. Was utterly bizarre, how things ended for him there at Gladbach after the successes they had previously. Reeked of whatever the hell happened with Klopp in his final season at Dortmund. I imagine both parties (Favre and Gladbach) would be keen for a mulligan. 

On 21/05/2022 at 04:26, Tommy said:

Apparently Favre will be announced tomorrow. 

This has to be an underwhelming appointment for the fans.  I wouldn't be happy with this.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Coma said:

This has to be an underwhelming appointment for the fans.  I wouldn't be happy with this.

Why though? Think it would be a very good decision for the club. Favre brought Gladbach back to relevance once, and can provide continuity and stability again in times where they badly need it. 

17 minutes ago, nudge said:

Why though? Think it would be a very good decision for the club. Favre brought Gladbach back to relevance once, and can provide continuity and stability again in times where they badly need it. 

I just saw how it all played out at Dortmund and he seemed lost in the headlights.  I admit that I'm not up on my history with Gladbach well enough to know how they did when he was there last time.  It just doesn't seem like a step forward when you resort to rehashing old coaches.

• The title was changed to Lucien Favre rejects Mönchengladbach return
37 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Heynckes won the treble during his second stint at Bayern, though. It's news to me that is supposed to be easy.

My point was that Bayern are the exception to the "you can never go back" theory.  Winning the treble is quite an accomplishment, but winning the league with Bayern... there is but a small list of folks that could manage to screw that up.  

• The title was changed to Daniel Farke announced as new Borussia Mönchengladbach coach

Archived