talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jake Daniels Becomes First Active UK Male Footballer to Come Out

football forum

• Administrator

Fair play to him. Brave and courageous to do so given the media stigma against it. 

Shouldn't even come to such a revelation that someone could be gay and play football in this day and age. 

But good on him for taking the step to announce it. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
18 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

You can just tell by looking at some people ;)

You're so judgmental which is odd considering your life experiences. 

13 minutes ago, Stan said:

You're so judgmental which is odd considering your life experiences. 

Not in the slightest mate, we should all be free to do what ever we want ..within the laws of the land naturally :)

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Not in the slightest mate, we should all be free to do what ever we want ..within the laws of the land naturally :)

Your comment was weird nonetheless. 

9 minutes ago, Waylander said:

Let's hope he uses a condom as in medical circles it is known the risks of getting HIV or AIDS are higher with anal sex.  Yet due to current PC no-one will say it.

This might be why so few players come out. 

Nothing wrong with just saying 'fair play' or 'good on him'. 

Don't need to dive so deep into it. 

Some strange comments about this, let’s hope the media remember he’s not the first to come out, just the first since Justin Fashanu, and let what happened there serve as a lesson for them as footballers like this kid are coming out now.

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Your comment was weird nonetheless. 

To you maybe. my personality type is sigma, probably seem strange to some as i have no filter :4_joy: so don't care what people do, think or say, live and let live :friends:

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

To you maybe. my personality type is sigma, probably seem strange to some as i have no filter :4_joy: so don't care what people do, think or say, live and let live :friends:

Cool story. 

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

This thread got real weird real quick :what:

For a totally unnecessary reason as well. Genuinely think some people just have to find fault in everything. 

2 hours ago, Danny said:

Some strange comments about this, let’s hope the media remember he’s not the first to come out, just the first since Justin Fashanu, and let what happened there serve as a lesson for them as footballers like this kid are coming out now.

Not entirely true. Although I don't know if there was another British player since Fashanu, Thomas Hitzlsperger came out, whilst playing in the Premeir League- although he's German.

1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Not entirely true. Although I don't know if there was another British player since Fashanu, Thomas Hitzlsperger came out, whilst playing in the Premeir League- although he's German.

I thought he had retired when he came out

5 hours ago, Waylander said:

Let's hope he uses a condom as in medical circles it is known the risks of getting HIV or AIDS are higher with anal sex.  Yet due to current PC no-one will say it.

This might be why so few players come out. 

I fucking love anal. I am a straight dude (allegedly) but anal is probably my favorite way to get down. I never use a condom (so long as I have permission not to) 
Never caught HIV (obviously) or even gonorrhea. 

5 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

You're a smegma male mate. 

All that 'alpha beta sigma' shit is for 15 year olds and idiots who listen to Rogen like gospel.  

3 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I fucking love anal. I am a straight dude (allegedly) but anal is probably my favorite way to get down. I never use a condom (so long as I have permission not to) 
Never caught HIV (obviously) or even gonorrhea. 

You're a smegma male mate. 

All that 'alpha beta sigma' shit is for 15 year olds and idiots who listen to Rogen like gospel.  

You would get fucked in the arse wouldn’t you

It's just ridiculous that in this day and age that this needs to be a topic. Good on him, but also it should just be accepted and part of life without us having to make a big deal that a sporting player has come out. Hopefully this helps others come out though. Shouldn't be a stigma still, easy for me to say of course. Most football fans are drunk primitives. The world is still very fucked. (no pun intended)

Archived