• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Administrator

@Carnivore Chris @JoshBRFC

If I remember correctly first half of season he was great, went through a bit of a quiet spell (injury-impacted?) and then finished the season with a bang.

Decent player and, if you can get someone like Elliott again, maybe a dark horse for a play-off push next season?

6 hours ago, Stan said:

@Carnivore Chris @JoshBRFC

If I remember correctly first half of season he was great, went through a bit of a quiet spell (injury-impacted?) and then finished the season with a bang.

Decent player and, if you can get someone like Elliott again, maybe a dark horse for a play-off push next season?

The championship can be a terrible league to get out of due to the competitiveness of it, but with patience, time and hard work, it can be achieved, so you never know. The start to the season was a very solid one this term but you need to play like that all season to get anywhere.

• 6 months later...
18 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Why and how am I the last poster in this topic?! @Carnivore Chris … anyone?! 

How are we in the playoffs…still only 3 points from being out of it… but we can dream. Tempted to book hotels for London in May already.

On Friday night I had a North End fan in my ear alll night, coked up, how the nobenders were going to win on saturday, that made the result even sweeter in the end.

What did I tell you about Brereton also? I knew he'd come alive this season. He's showing alot more to his allround game now too and it looks as though the call up for Chile has really benefitted the lad. That header was quality and even Shearer would be proud of that one.

It's been a very good season thus far, minus the slowish start and the humiliating defeat against Fulham. I wouldn't get carried away yet, but there is alot of promise. 

For me the defence can be a concern, but 3 clean sheets in the last 3 is an improvement.

Have you been going mate?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 09/12/2021 at 17:38, Carnivore Chris said:

On Friday night I had a North End fan in my ear alll night, coked up, how the nobenders were going to win on saturday, that made the result even sweeter in the end.

What did I tell you about Brereton also? I knew he'd come alive this season. He's showing alot more to his allround game now too and it looks as though the call up for Chile has really benefitted the lad. That header was quality and even Shearer would be proud of that one.

It's been a very good season thus far, minus the slowish start and the humiliating defeat against Fulham. I wouldn't get carried away yet, but there is alot of promise. 

For me the defence can be a concern, but 3 clean sheets in the last 3 is an improvement.

Have you been going mate?

Haha I can imagine that! 

And on the streak goes, things are looking good. Only half way through the season though, but a good 8 points clear of the final playoff place and now only 3 points off top spot.

What a run since that Fulham loss.

I’m very good man, just very busy recently, mainly with work last few months but I’m moving jobs after Christmas from Blackburn to Skipton. Better job but should also give me more time. How are you? 

On 10/12/2021 at 21:09, The Palace Fan said:

The emergence of Brereton-Diaz has been beautiful. Its like as soon as he accepted his Chilean heritage he adopted South American flair.

He’s better than what Armstrong was last season, which I am very shocked about.

Armstrong scored more screamers but Brereton seems a better all round striker.

I was saying times up for Tony not so long ago, I do love being wrong. 

Have to admit since Wednesday was relegated to League One, I haven't paid much attention to the Championship.  But it's great to see Blackburn up near the top.  I am getting tired of this Fulham, West Brom, Bournemouth yo yo stuff.  Would love to see some of the old familiar teams back in the Premier.  Maybe you can bring Forest back up with you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/12/2021 at 22:05, JoshBRFC said:

Haha I can imagine that! 

And on the streak goes, things are looking good. Only half way through the season though, but a good 8 points clear of the final playoff place and now only 3 points off top spot.

What a run since that Fulham loss.

I’m very good man, just very busy recently, mainly with work last few months but I’m moving jobs after Christmas from Blackburn to Skipton. Better job but should also give me more time. How are you? 

He’s better than what Armstrong was last season, which I am very shocked about.

Armstrong scored more screamers but Brereton seems a better all round striker.

I was saying times up for Tony not so long ago, I do love being wrong. 

I was thinking the other week "this team should definitely be looking at and aiming for a play off spot now" but honestly, there is a chance for automatic promotion if this form continues. It is still only half way so let's not get carried away, but this is the best opportunity since being back in the championship.

Hopefully Brereton doesn't leave too soon either. You get sick of seeing the best players leave so soon all the time when in the process of building something promising.

I'm good mate. I started going through a shit patch about this time last year for a few months(as you'll remember) but since April or so I've been completely back to myself in general. Haven't stopped grafting, had a nice holiday in Málaga, a few good nights out with old pals and lads from work. Its been an improvement. Good to see you're doing well yourself mate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 29/12/2021 at 15:28, Carnivore Chris said:

I was thinking the other week "this team should definitely be looking at and aiming for a play off spot now" but honestly, there is a chance for automatic promotion if this form continues. It is still only half way so let's not get carried away, but this is the best opportunity since being back in the championship.

Hopefully Brereton doesn't leave too soon either. You get sick of seeing the best players leave so soon all the time when in the process of building something promising.

I'm good mate. I started going through a shit patch about this time last year for a few months(as you'll remember) but since April or so I've been completely back to myself in general. Haven't stopped grafting, had a nice holiday in Málaga, a few good nights out with old pals and lads from work. Its been an improvement. Good to see you're doing well yourself mate.

Good to hear brother. I can relate I've had my fair share of those patches too. 

Fancy a pint at Ewood soon? ;) 

21 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Good to hear brother. I can relate I've had my fair share of those patches too. 

Fancy a pint at Ewood soon? ;) 

It's about getting through the patches mate and not letting it get you down permanently. 

Ye definitely mate. I've got a bit on until 20th March then I'm going to Spain for a week, but early April would be spot on.

Blackpool home is around then so we could go to that mate.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

It's about getting through the patches mate and not letting it get you down permanently. 

Ye definitely mate. I've got a bit on until 20th March then I'm going to Spain for a week, but early April would be spot on.

Blackpool home is around then so we could go to that mate.

Sounds good to me!

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Oh Matt Jansen. What a player he was before that motorbike accident.

Oh I know, he was my favourite player as a kid. Such a shame what happened to him.

• 7 months later...
  • Subscriber

Ashley Phillips boys and girls, next big star. Im telling ya now. He’s an absolute natural beast. 17 and starting for us in the championship, 6 ft 4. Man of the match during the week in a cup game. Looked amazing at youth level and I can’t see it being long till the elite come in for him. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, JoshBRFC said:

Ashley Phillips boys and girls, next big star. Im telling ya now. He’s an absolute natural beast. 17 and starting for us in the championship, 6 ft 4. Man of the match during the week in a cup game. Looked amazing at youth level and I can’t see it being long till the elite come in for him. 

What position? 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived