talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Blackburn Rovers Discussion

football forum

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three fantastic signings so far! I can't quite believe we'd paid a fee for a player either! Feeling very positive about the upcoming season - Mowbray signing and then recruiting Whittingham, Smallwood and Dack. So far we've not had any interest for our better players either but I'm sure 1-2 may still leave most likely Mulgrew. If we could get some cash for Steele that would be great as Raya is more than good enough to take over number 1 goalkeeper spot.

Another very good signing! It hasn't worked out for him at QPR but he is a talented player who has good experience and has previously performed very well at this level. Our midfield is looking very good right now -

Elliot Bennet, Craig Conway, Liam Feeney, Corry Evans, Peter Whittingham, Richard Smallwood, Bradley Back and Ben Gladwin.

Hopefully now Mowbray will turn his attention to a striker to compliment Danny Graham and Anthony Stokes, and a full back to provide competition for Derek Williams and Ryan Nyambe. 

• Subscriber

Not heard good things about Gladwin's work rate at QPR. I haven't seen him much though to be honest... @Batard ?

Also Dack was average last season but was brilliant the season before but I'm sure he will be eager to get off to a good start.

Either way I'm very happy that Mowbray is getting these players that he wanted. And we us spending money.... what's going on?! 

Central midfield is looking ALOT better than it did just a few weeks ago when it was our biggest weakness. After our summer so far I'm much more optimistic than I was at the the end of the season.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Not heard good things about Gladwin's work rate at QPR. I haven't seen him much though to be honest... @Batard ?

Also Dack was average last season but was brilliant the season before but I'm sure he will be eager to get off to a good start.

Either way I'm very happy that Mowbray is getting these players that he wanted. And we us spending money.... what's going on?! 

Central midfield is looking ALOT better than it did just a few weeks ago when it was our biggest weakness. After our summer so far I'm much more optimistic than I was at the the end of the season.

Mate, Gladwin was bang average for us, he's certainly not good enough for the Championhip. 

14 hours ago, Batard said:

Mate, Gladwin was bang average for us, he's certainly not good enough for the Championhip. 

Well thats good as we're playing in League One...!

His work rate and quality at Swindon prior to joining QPR wasn't an issue so I'm not concerned about some of the comments on social media. If he doesn't work hard for Mowbray he won't be playing and he will get moved on very quickly.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

I did express my opinion on Mowbray in another thread and so far, my concerns about placing faith in him are looking sadly accurate. He's a dour and limited manager. Still. It's only two games. Time yet 

I think its a reality check to be honest, a bit like Newcastle last season. Doncaster and Southend were both there for the taking but we have been far too slow, predictable and lacking movement. The squad should dominate this league but it hasn't happened so far.

In Mowbray we trust, but huge game away at Bradford coming up. The worst thing to do right now is panic...

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, Batard said:

Personally, Blackburn needs a more courageous manager. I'd be looking to younger hungrier managers, Mowbray is a bit of a dinosaur tactically 

You're probably right, i just think he deserved a chance after how much better we played last season once he came in. 

We really need to win this game against Bradford. We were the outright favourites before the season started, something i didn't quite agree with. After losing 2 of the first 2 we're now 2nd favourite behind Wigan. Someone must have out a lot of money on us pre season.........

• 1 year later...

Not like we're going to fill it any other way. Nice act, mind. I was at Rovers v. Preston a few weeks ago, not the biggest derby for either of us but still a stand-out rivalry. Could have fitted us all in a bloody cupboard. We have a massive ground for our size (31,000 for 120,000 population), but it is a depressing trend to see the place so empty. Not just us either, practically all of the Football League, aside from the fallen giants like Leeds and Villa, seem to have swathes of empty stands these days. Anything to fill that void and try and get youngsters away from Fifa and Sky Sports is a good measure.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Subscriber

First game in nearly a year since thag horrific injury against Wigan. 

Crazy to think I thought we would be screwed without him but now our attack looks like the best it’s been in years. Exciting to see how Dack fits in. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 22/11/2020 at 20:16, Cazza said:

Hi Blackburn fans just wanted your angle on yesterdays game? Was there a hand ball.

Sorry I’ve only just seen this. What game are you referring to? The Luton game? 

• 3 weeks later...

Our Twitter admin has asked for fan reactions in GIFs, hope we get liquidated to be honest.

One year ago tonight since he went off injured, so perhaps the timing is fitting. I'd be lying though if I said I didn't have fears about him coming back a shadow of who he used to be. It's a hell of a long time he's been out and he's had further setbacks on the way. Thank God Arma turned into prime Ronaldo in his absense.

Still a lot of players to get tied up to contracts mind, Ryan Nyambe being the biggest. That lad has tonnes of potential.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Blackburn Rovers Discussion

Archived