talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Paulo Dybala Completes Free Transfer to Roma

10 hours ago, Stan said:

That's a surprise. Bit of a step down? 

I think he'll be the main man at Rome, which has to be appealing. Plus he gets to live in Rome, which I'd absolutely fucking love tbh.

As someone who quite likes Roma & who likes Dybala as a player... I like this move. Hope he does well.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Spike said:

But I can’t speak Italian 

I think he speaks English though

*edit* wait never mind, I think it's Maldini who's always holidaying in Miami - I thought it was Totti but I might be way off xD

40 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think he speaks English though

*edit* wait never mind, I think it's Maldini who's always holidaying in Miami - I thought it was Totti but I might be way off xD

Totti is stereotyped as a really dumb jock in Italy 

vieri grew up in Australia and has an accent btw

15 minutes ago, Spike said:

Totti is stereotyped as a really dumb jock in Italy 

vieri grew up in Australia and has an accent btw

Yeah I knew that about Vieri. I think I've heard him speak English before and thought "wait, what the fuck" and then googled it xD

I think Totti has gotten a lot of unfair shit from the Italian media, so tbh I think whatever stereotype there might be of him, while possibly grounded in some truth... I doubt he's as stupid as the media makes him out to be. But I have no idea if he knows English or not because it is Maldini, not Totti, who's got property out in Miami and loves staying there - and I suspect if he spends most of his summers there he probably knows English.

Since I've now mentioned 3 Italian players I loved in one post, let's just add the word Nesta into this post to make it 4.

• The title was changed to Paulo Dybala Completes Free Transfer to Roma

Dybala joining Roma on a free transfer has got to be the best signing of this Serie A transfer window. He's always been a class act and expect him to really improve this Roma side, which already looks strong.

On 31/07/2022 at 06:54, Cicero said:

Jose has built himself a nice little side here. Dark horse for the league. 

I don't think they can realistically challenge the Milan sides, but I think they should definitely be looking to finish higher up the table than they did last season.

Archived