talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Paulo Dybala Completes Free Transfer to Roma

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually think with Spurs' impending Champions League qualification, Petraci and Conte there pulling strings, this paves the way for a move especially as Levy loves a 'freebie'.

I could really see it happening however, I also wonder whether any bid would rely on what happens with Erikson.

On 17/05/2022 at 04:07, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I'd angle for him if I were bayern. 

Those were my thoughts, but they will instead buy an injury prone Frenchman.

On 17/05/2022 at 04:15, Dr. Gonzo said:

I thought he was going to Inter

That has been the rumour for years for some reason

45 minutes ago, Spike said:

That has been the rumour for years for some reason

I think it might just be because a lot of Juve fans and some in the Italian press have this narrative where Dybala has never really had the respect from the Juve board that he perhaps should have had - and that he was always a sellable asset, and that the board resented him for turning down moves in the past few years... so the feeling is "if you don't respect me, I will go to the rival most likely to challenge you for the title."

He's now been linked with AC Milan, Spurs, and Roma... so chances are the rumours he's going to Inter were just media nonsense rooted in a somewhat popular fan-theory amongst Juve fans. I'd like to see him at Milan, personally, I think he's a brilliant player - especially when given the sort of unique role that he thrives in.

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think it might just be because a lot of Juve fans and some in the Italian press have this narrative where Dybala has never really had the respect from the Juve board that he perhaps should have had - and that he was always a sellable asset, and that the board resented him for turning down moves in the past few years... so the feeling is "if you don't respect me, I will go to the rival most likely to challenge you for the title."

He's now been linked with AC Milan, Spurs, and Roma... so chances are the rumours he's going to Inter were just media nonsense rooted in a somewhat popular fan-theory amongst Juve fans. I'd like to see him at Milan, personally, I think he's a brilliant player - especially when given the sort of unique role that he thrives in.

Not coming here it’s been said now. Paratici was the one that wanted him out of Juve ha

• Subscriber
On 21/05/2022 at 10:24, OrangeKhrush said:

has he signed with spurs officially

Won’t be joining us. Not on the radar according to our main guys. Paratici was the one driving him out of Juve to begin with 

2 hours ago, Storts said:

Won’t be joining us. Not on the radar according to our main guys. Paratici was the one driving him out of Juve to begin with 

From what I've read it's not just Paratici, but loads of the higher ups at Juve wanted to sell him while he still had value. A lot of people above the managers there seemed to resent him for wanting to stay at Juve.

Kind of weird, tbh. Great player doing well at a club he loved and not really getting any loyalty back from the board of the club he was performing well for. It's also been interesting seeing how Juve fans are pretty dismayed about how their board has treated him and they seem to love him and are mostly just praying he doesn't go to Inter xD

The thing is at Spurs, does he displace any of your current front 3? I don't think so. Son and Kane are two of the best attackers in the league, Kulusevski's come in and looked brilliant and shown why Juve signed him in the first place. He'd either come in and take Kulusevski's spot - and I don't think he's anywhere near as good coming in from out wide tbh... so that on paper, imo, makes you look worse off than you currently are.

And he's going to be commanding massive wages and he'll also be getting an inflated signing bonus cos he's a free transfer. I think if Spurs are going to be dropping that kind of cash... there's other areas of the first team they need to be looking to build on than their already very strong attack.

Don't get me wrong, he's a good player and I understand why he's linked with Spurs... but at the same time, I'm not sure it's a move that would make the most sense. Tbh, I think he should stay in Italy. If it's true that Roma are interested as @Coma said... I actually think that is a move that makes a lot of sense for him and for Roma. I'd also like to see him at Milan just cos I like Milan & I like him.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator
8 minutes ago, Spike said:

4th to 6th. Jose Mourinho is the coach too.

Sideways at best, perhaps. I thought he would be able to find a better club, but it's a great signing for Roma to be fair. 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Sideways at best, perhaps. I thought he would be able to find a better club, but it's a great signing for Roma to be fair. 

Maybe it’s about living in Italy and guaranteed playing time.

• The title was changed to Paulo Dybala Completes Free Transfer to Roma

Archived