talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Southampton 1-2 Liverpool - Tuesday 17th May, 2022

8 minutes ago, Devil said:

If you lose it on goal difference you won't say that.

It's incredibly unlikely that goal difference becomes a factor.

And if it does, I still wouldn't have a problem with the team Klopp selected tonight. The likelihood of something close to Liverpool's first eleven tonight being able to play with the intensity to smash Southampton after playing 120 minutes the other day is slim. And as I mentioned, there was the chance of picking up injuries which would be catastrophic ahead of a game for a trophy that's actually in our control.

I'll trust the people who have all the info on who they could and couldn't get away with playing tonight.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Devil said:

They lose by 9 regular.

Not that regularly xD

Odds of us getting 7 or more in a match are far lower than the odds of the title race not coming down to goal difference, imo. If it comes down to goal difference in the end, it's gonna be a bit shit... but I'll blame Newcastle for rolling over and parting their arsecheeks for Pep more than I'll blame Klopp. It's been a tremendous season for us to make 3 finals and to be running Abu Dhabi to the final day of the season, regardless of how the last 2 tournaments pan out.

3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Looks like you lot signing him is out of the window @OrangeKhrush

sadly that was my concern and why I would not pay a high premium.  i hope for him it isn't an ACL as he may never play for Liverpool again if it is.    repeat injuries are never the same and it's really a bad one for his career.

• The title was changed to Southampton 1-2 Liverpool - Tuesday 17th May, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived