• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Title Race - Man City or Liverpool?

Who will be crowned Champions?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Place your bets

• Liverpool
    • Manchester City

I think both City and Liverpool will win their remaining league matches.

I think Liverpool's injuries will count against them in the CL and have now changed my mind and think RM will lift the trophy.

I think accumulation of too many matches close together and the attrition factor of injuries will count against them. 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think City will win the title, they will be too much for Villa at home in a final game where their whole season is on the line. Pep cant go trophyless from here, it will be a huge dent to his career and reputation if he loses the title from here....

However, I would absolutely love for Liverpool to win the champions league... cant stand real madrid

55 minutes ago, Asura said:

Pep cant go trophyless from here, it will be a huge dent to his career and reputation if he loses the title from here....

Will it? I think regardless of whatever happens, he's going down in the history books as one of the best managers ever. And just look at what he's done to the league, he's raised the standard in the prem to where if you want to win the title against his city you need to be absurdly good and even hitting 90+ points can have you coming in second.

I think Ancelotti is proof that very good managers who've won a lot can be afforded some shit seasons without affecting their reputation too much. Or going back even further, Brian Clough is still considered one of the all time great managers... even though in his final season Forest were abysmal and they were relegated.

I think Pep will only seriously damage his career and reputation if any bad off the pitch stuff comes out - and I don't think it will because he doesn't seem like a bad guy even though I think he's a colossal dickhead.

On 18/05/2022 at 14:56, Dr. Gonzo said:

Will it? I think regardless of whatever happens, he's going down in the history books as one of the best managers ever. And just look at what he's done to the league, he's raised the standard in the prem to where if you want to win the title against his city you need to be absurdly good and even hitting 90+ points can have you coming in second.

I think Ancelotti is proof that very good managers who've won a lot can be afforded some shit seasons without affecting their reputation too much. Or going back even further, Brian Clough is still considered one of the all time great managers... even though in his final season Forest were abysmal and they were relegated.

I think Pep will only seriously damage his career and reputation if any bad off the pitch stuff comes out - and I don't think it will because he doesn't seem like a bad guy even though I think he's a colossal dickhead.

Maybe my verbiage is not right, but I didnt mean to say "he wont be a great manager". I meant to say it will be a scar forever blowing the league by being in the driver's seat, at home against a relatively easier team (Villa) compared to Wolves which Liverpool are going to face.

Everything else you have written is not relevant here, even though I agree with pretty much everything that he will be regarded as one of the best managers ever.

All logic suggests Man City twat Aston Villa and it's probably over before half time.

I'm clinging onto that we're due one of these close title races going our way. The year we won it wasn't a title race from about November. We've lost out on the last day to City twice. The 08/09 season was decided with a game to go if I remember rightly. Go back a lot further that most of us won't remember and you've got Arsenal in 89.

🙏 that this is the year.

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

All logic suggests Man City twat Aston Villa and it's probably over before half time.

I'm clinging onto that we're due one of these close title races going our way. The year we won it wasn't a title race from about November. We've lost out on the last day to City twice. The 08/09 season was decided with a game to go if I remember rightly. Go back a lot further that most of us won't remember and you've got Arsenal in 89.

🙏 that this is the year.

2 hours ago, Rick said:

City deserve a last day to go against them after the first title and the one against us. 

It's the 10 year anniversary of our first Prem title, number 6 is written in the stars ;)  ..and 7th now we have Haaland :ph34r:

On 18/05/2022 at 20:56, Dr. Gonzo said:

Agree with this. I think people forget how much Pep specifically changed football globally, I’ve never known a single manager to change playing styles down to fucking Sunday league in a foreign country. Pep Guardiola is the reason why Jose Mourinho can’t compete at the top anymore, because he has revolutionised football.l and the way in which the average teams, let alone big teams, play the game.

I can't see any outcome than Man City winning.

Not sure how Gerrard feels about Man City, but I suspect lots of Villa players are still mates with Jack Grealish. Would probably join him there if they had the chance.

And City after all are comparatively doing it the way Villa used to try to. Many moons ago, in a different era, with less zeroes on the end, when Mark Lawrenson was still a player.

In all honesty I'm not sure there's any real sentimental sway toward Liverpool, other than Gerrard himself. And that's even taking Grealish into account.

I think it will be a painful afternoon for many travelling Villa fans. Expect the away fans to exit quickly. Apart from a few softies applauding Jack..

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Agree with this. I think people forget how much Pep specifically changed football globally, I’ve never known a single manager to change playing styles down to fucking Sunday league in a foreign country. Pep Guardiola is the reason why Jose Mourinho can’t compete at the top anymore, because he has revolutionised football.l and the way in which the average teams, let alone big teams, play the game.

He’s actually the reason I get to laugh at Sunday league teams trying to play out from the back and looking like utter dickheads.

4 hours ago, Reluctant Striker said:

I can't see any outcome than Man City winning.

Not sure how Gerrard feels about Man City, but I suspect lots of Villa players are still mates with Jack Grealish. Would probably join him there if they had the chance.

And City after all are comparatively doing it the way Villa used to try to. Many moons ago, in a different era, with less zeroes on the end, when Mark Lawrenson was still a player.

In all honesty I'm not sure there's any real sentimental sway toward Liverpool, other than Gerrard himself. And that's even taking Grealish into account.

I think it will be a painful afternoon for many travelling Villa fans. Expect the away fans to exit quickly. Apart from a few softies applauding Jack..

If you roll over for us we might let you take Grealish back with you :ph34r:

Personally I have no preference, but I do find it funny watching those "neutrals" who do. Some vehement dislike of one or the other. Usually of Liverpool or Pep.

I also find the Man Utd fans at peace with Man City winning the title to be weird. Just constantly falling back on the Ferguson era comfort blanket, "we won more when I was 8 years old therefore I'm OK with Man City winning". At some point they need to be truly ridiculed for it.

1 hour ago, Honey Honey said:

Personally I have no preference, but I do find it funny watching those "neutrals" who do. Some vehement dislike of one or the other. Usually of Liverpool or Pep.

I also find the Man Utd fans at peace with Man City winning the title to be weird. Just constantly falling back on the Ferguson era comfort blanket, "we won more when I was 8 years old therefore I'm OK with Man City winning"At some point they need to be truly ridiculed for it.

They're probably the ones supporting Man City now. :ph34r:

Archived