talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aaron Wan-Bissaka - Set to Leave Man Utd

football forum

• Administrator

To stay in the PL? Go back to Palace (I think he'd do very well here).

Man Utd expected to cut their loss on the £50m they initially paid for him. 

Or will he end up abroad?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Palace is a good bet for him,  not sure a move abroad is good for him.  He will have to learn a new language while focusing on getting back to his old form.    If I were a betting man I would say Palace is a good bet. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I think the £50m on Wan Bissaka is possibly worse business than what they spent on Maguire, he's absolutely awful.

If United try and sell square head for over £80 mill what they paid for him then they better go and see a physiatrist, I don't think anybody would buy him for that, the guy is useless as captain and maybe what I said before is take the captains armband off him and see how he performs then without the responsibility, but I think he is to far gone now and his confidence is up the shit.

• Subscriber

If Wan Bissaka had gone to a club who had shown any ability to develop young talent in the past decade then he probably could have easily justified that £50m fee. He's not awful at all, a brilliant one to one defender, just hasn't developed the other side of his game enough but who can really blame him? He was managed by Solskjaer, not Guardiola or Klopp.

Wan-Bissaka has got better going forwards but his final ball still let's him down. If that was better people may overlook that he's not as good as Cancelo, Reece James etc when it comes to getting in penalty box positions to create an opportunity.

I still think he'd be an asset elsewhere though. His defensive attributes have always been very good. To be an elite full back / wing back though his final ball just isn't good enough.

Positional sense is bad, his passing ability not good either but for a club hoping to challenge his attacking ability is just not good enough.

The lad always gave his all but he's one of the first who should make way this summer, he is also one of the only ones that could command a decent fee.

26 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Wan-Bissaka has got better going forwards but his final ball still let's him down. If that was better people may overlook that he's not as good as Cancelo, Reece James etc when it comes to getting in penalty box positions to create an opportunity.

I still think he'd be an asset elsewhere though. His defensive attributes have always been very good. To be an elite full back / wing back though his final ball just isn't good enough.

He left Palace too early for his development, I think. He's got lots of the attributes that you look for in a good player - but he was so raw when he broke out at Palace, I don't think he was quite ready for a side with the aspirations United have.

It's a bit like Zaha, left Palace a bit too raw and was branded as a flop at United... went back to Palace and developed really nicely. I think if United signed Zaha today, rather than back when he was only young, he'd probably end up being a brilliant player for them.

He's still really young and he's got plenty of time to learn at another club - it's probably best for all parties if he has a clean break from United and gets to play elsewhere and United get some cash to bring in some new players for their next rebuild.

Archived