06/12/2020 - Liverpool 4-0 Wolves

Recent Form
Liverpool - WWWDW
Wolves - DLDLL

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

This might turn out to be tougher than we expect really but I still think we'll win. The most important thing is to close the season with a win, everything else is really not in our hands.

14 hours ago, Mel81x said:

This might turn out to be tougher than we expect really but I still think we'll win. The most important thing is to close the season with a win, everything else is really not in our hands.

Wolves haven't been great for a while to be honest. I'd expect a comfortable Liverpool win. As you say though, most important thing is to just win and see what happens

Actually against us on the counter Wolves looked lively though I do see you beating them yet I also think City will win too.

I also think Origi has been very useful for you off the bench providing another challenge when plan A is not working.  

1 minute ago, Waylander said:

Actually against us on the counter Wolves looked lively though I do see you beating them yet I also think City will win too.

I also think Origi has been very useful for you off the bench providing another challenge when plan A is not working.  

I doubt City don't get a result, it's unlikely we win the league - but it's very cool that we are still technically in the race until the last day.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I doubt City don't get a result, it's unlikely we win the league - but it's very cool that we are still technically in the race until the last day.

Agree, I also think we did well to get to two domestic cup finals even though we lost.

9 minutes ago, Waylander said:

Yeah I think that's their only decent result for a while.

17 minutes ago, Waylander said:

Agree, I also think we did well to get to two domestic cup finals even though we lost.

Yeah for sure. You were so close to having the success we've managed to secure this season in a domestic double. It's disappointing to lose, but it's an achievement to make two finals.

Makes me wonder though how much better Chelsea could have been had they spent the Lukaku money on a player or two that'd fit Tuchel's system better. Because I think him coming in sort of created an imbalance in the squad.

You've certainly got players that have an excellent mentality to play for a club that wants to compete for trophies, and I think Tuchel's system generally is very good - I just think some players don't really fit the system all that well and that ends up hurting your chances a bit. Especially when you've got to compete with sides like City and us in this era where Pep and Klopp have set a really high standard that clubs need to meet to truly contend for trophies.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah for sure. You were so close to having the success we've managed to secure this season in a domestic double. It's disappointing to lose, but it's an achievement to make two finals.

Makes me wonder though how much better Chelsea could have been had they spent the Lukaku money on a player or two that'd fit Tuchel's system better. Because I think him coming in sort of created an imbalance in the squad.

You've certainly got players that have an excellent mentality to play for a club that wants to compete for trophies, and I think Tuchel's system generally is very good - I just think some players don't really fit the system all that well and that ends up hurting your chances a bit. Especially when you've got to compete with sides like City and us in this era where Pep and Klopp have set a really high standard that clubs need to meet to truly contend for trophies.

I think Lukaku was Roman's purchase not the board just like he bought Shevchenko and Torres, to be fair we reputedly were after Kane and Haaland. 

I recall looking at who i would buy while we waited to see if Havertz or Broja would look to be the future.

I thought at the time Jota, Ings or Wood.

Jota you know about, Ings injured most of the season and Wood not his best season.

1 hour ago, Waylander said:

I think Lukaku was Roman's purchase not the board just like he bought Shevchenko and Torres, to be fair we reputedly were after Kane and Haaland. 

I recall looking at who i would buy while we waited to see if Havertz or Broja would look to be the future.

I thought at the time Jota, Ings or Wood.

Jota you know about, Ings injured most of the season and Wood not his best season.

I think Ings would have been a top striker with us (and with anyone else tbh) if he could just stay healthy - but he just can't. It's gotta be depressing for him, being talented enough to be a very good player in the league but having his body constantly letting him down.

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think Ings would have been a top striker with us (and with anyone else tbh) if he could just stay healthy - but he just can't. It's gotta be depressing for him, being talented enough to be a very good player in the league but having his body constantly letting him down.

I felt a little sorry of him when he left because he always showed the work-rate to be a good player and he really has done well (reasonably) everywhere hes gone but I feel like he'll reach early retirement with the way his body cant keep up

On 20/05/2022 at 04:10, Mel81x said:

They was garbage when we played them away 10 days ago, we beat them 5-1

16 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I agree yet I suspect like Wilshere smokes Ings probably likes alcohol or some other socially acceptable stimulant. Things like this decrease the healing potential of the body.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Insulting to Mane to compare him to St Maximim tbh

I think the joke went over your head.   There was an article recently where St Maximim said he would be as good as Mane if he had as good players around him.   

While it is true he would be better,  I am not sure he has the traits to be as good as Mane. 

• Subscriber

Its time to put an end to this season. Honestly, a part of me is still hoping we get a slice of luck but I maintain that all we can do here is just win the rest will take care of itself whatever that may be.

• The title was changed to Liverpool 3-1 Wolves - Sunday 22nd May, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived