talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 38 Matches - Sunday 22nd May, 2022

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Our match was so bad the fans were watching the City game on their mobile. 

Astonishing we finished 3rd. Truly is. 

Been a drab end to our season in the league and Cups... Be interesting to see who else comes and goes in the summer apart from the obvious ones we know about... 

what a finish to the season.   January started off with a loss to cambridge and a draw to Watford,  by mid january we had 1 win and sat last.   We finish on 49 points which is our highest finish since 2012.    Howe did that happen. 

Premier-League-Form-Table-Last-19-Games-2021-2022

Southampton will have a tough summer,  something tells me that James Ward Prowse will want out if someone comes in,  *hint hint*.  Then again I don't like them and that muppet of a manager.    Arsenal for all the doom and gloom did very well,  and Leicester did far better than it appeared at times. 

• Administrator

Fifth consecutive top-flight top half finish for the first time ever. 

Despite our success in recent seasons it feels weird saying that, and with being 8th this season it's a very odd feeling to be somewhat disappointed with it with how the season has panned out. Definitely room for improvement especially defensively. We scored plenty of goals, but lapsed at the back on far too many occasions. A relatively lighter schedule means I'll be expecting top 6/7 next season as well as a decent cup run in either competition - perhaps even win one of them. It'll be tough to compete with other clubs vying for those same spots though. The top 5 as they are now will only grow to be stronger. 

15 minutes ago, Stan said:

Fifth consecutive top-flight top half finish for the first time ever. 

Despite our success in recent seasons it feels weird saying that, and with being 8th this season it's a very odd feeling to be somewhat disappointed with it with how the season has panned out. Definitely room for improvement especially defensively. We scored plenty of goals, but lapsed at the back on far too many occasions. A relatively lighter schedule means I'll be expecting top 6/7 next season as well as a decent cup run in either competition - perhaps even win one of them. It'll be tough to compete with other clubs vying for those same spots though. The top 5 as they are now will only grow to be stronger. 

If you were made Director of football,  what would you change?

4 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

That's it, season done, expectations next season. The fun might be over, or it might not. Let's see how we get on. Looking forward to it.

I think this season will be remembered more than seasons where we win trophies,  it was surreal on so many levels. 

I used to think that Fernandes was maybe a good player for a shit team - ie. he constantly hits shots and Hollywood passes that no actually good team wants to see, but they help if nothing else is happening.

But now it seems he might actually just be shit.

1 minute ago, Inverted said:

I used to think that Fernandes was maybe a good player for a shit team - ie. he constantly hits shots and Hollywood passes that no actually good team wants to see, but they help if nothing else is happening.

But now it seems he might actually just be shit.

I like how he is not even Bruno anymore,  there is only one Bruno

44 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Unlucky... What do you reckon, do you think you have enough to bounce back first time of asking??? 

No I think we're completely fucked. 

Pope will go. Tarkowski. Mee. Taylor. Cornet. 

Our new owners are dodgy and will land us right in the shit. All the work dyche did to keep us there for years and earning us a lot of money is gonna unravel inside 12 months. They've put next to nothing of their own money into the club and the rest in loan's. 

Another Derby in the making here. Not even got a new manager yet and don't want that useless twat Jackson 

3 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Joelinton was stretchered off on 11 minutes,  the positive is that it wasn't severe,  but it was a very deep laceration on his foot. 

Did somebody attack him with a chainsaw probably the only tackle we put in all game what a set of pussies 

1 minute ago, Claret and Blue said:

Did somebody attack him with a chainsaw probably the only tackle we put in all game what a set of pussies 

It was caused by Lascelles.   I think he needed staples as it was a very bad wound 

Burnley will be back in the PL one day because they have a long history of being in the top flight. Norwich and Watford too but who knows when?

Well done my Spurs, it was your revenge over Arsenal and well done Son. Chelsea finished only 3 points ahead of 4th place......hmmmmmm. Not sure what they'll do next season and Ten Hag is an unknown quantity. West Ham I think are past their best and Moyes will probably stay one more season. Southampton finished the season poorly and I think will struggle next season as I think will Brentford. Wolves? A struggle I think next season but watch out for Newcastle. Leicester? I just don't know and the others will do pretty much the same as this season with City and Liverpool leading the way again.

42 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

Burnley will be back in the PL one day because they have a long history of being in the top flight. Norwich and Watford too but who knows when?

Well done my Spurs, it was your revenge over Arsenal and well done Son. Chelsea finished only 3 points ahead of 4th place......hmmmmmm. Not sure what they'll do next season and Ten Hag is an unknown quantity. West Ham I think are past their best and Moyes will probably stay one more season. Southampton finished the season poorly and I think will struggle next season as I think will Brentford. Wolves? A struggle I think next season but watch out for Newcastle. Leicester? I just don't know and the others will do pretty much the same as this season with City and Liverpool leading the way again.

Burnley will be down with the dead men for some time now 

9 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

You need to find a Graham Potter from somewhere.

Yep but we're gonna end up with the man who's just fucked off from braga I think.. 

Think he was at Sherfield wed and Swansea for a bit. I can't even be fucked checking. Whoever it is gonna get fucked over by our board anyhow. 

10 hours ago, Claret and Blue said:

Yep but we're gonna end up with the man who's just fucked off from braga I think.. 

Think he was at Sherfield wed and Swansea for a bit. I can't even be fucked checking. Whoever it is gonna get fucked over by our board anyhow. 

Relegation isn't fun is it? I know because my team was relegated but came up again the following season. It's often better to do well in a lower division than to struggle in a higher division, better for morale. But anyway C and B, good luck for next season.

12 hours ago, Claret and Blue said:

if you retain a good core and then find some young pieces to fill in you may come straight back.  

we have Elliot Anderson and Matty Longstaff that we are looking for a contending championship club to take on loan

• Subscriber

I'll do a detailed write up when the thread pops up no doubt but it's nice to finish strongly for once. A bad season overall for me and yet we still came 8th. This squad is good, with some tarting up we can ruffle a few more feathers.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived