talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 38 Matches - Sunday 22nd May, 2022

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Goal Newcastle! Wilson scores the penalty. 

Burnley fans' fingernails just got a bit shorter...

Not sure what Collins was doing,  but that is the final day nerves.   Barnes is the one that is concerning me,  he has gone in hard into tackles,  very borderline stuff here.  The ref may be lettign it go for now but if he continues like that it will be a red card coming. 

Watching Brentford vs Leeds, but the Leeds fans are listening to Newcastle Burnley and cheering along whenever something happens. To make matters more confusing about what cheers mean what, I live near the Emirates and can hear Arsenal fans cheering at a penalty and a goal. No idea what’s happening

• Subscriber

Cedric scores from the edge of the area after receiving the ball on the ground directly from a corner kick. Two goals conceded from set pieces (so far) today to add to the season's tally. Probably the most "on the beach" goal you can concede.

• Subscriber

Between the title race and relegation battle I think there could be a record number of football fans across the country whose nerves are just absolutely shot and are looking forward to a couple of months without football. xD

• Subscriber

On our game, we had a decent spell at the end of the first half but aside from that, totally on the beach, and I didn't watch the last 20 minutes. 2nd and 3rd goals were amateur defending, 4th goal I didn't really see properly because my stream was wigging out but seemed to go through Begovic, didn't see the 5th.

A total irrelevance though after a disaster of a season. There wasn't much riding on that match other than some token appearances for the likes of Tom Davies after a season-long injury layoff and Isaac Price off the bench. Jonjoe Kenny perhaps making a last bid for a one-year contract extension, Branthwaite trying to prove he's worth keeping around the senior squad next season, meh.

I imagine Lampard and the Director of Football have their eyes on quite a shake-up to the squad over the summer holidays and a lot will depend on how serious the interest in Pickford, Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin is from their various admirers. Time for a good old rest first though for those who dragged the club out of the mire kicking and screaming. Never again, please.

Congratulations to @Storts for getting fourth. Disappointing to miss out but I think we would of taken fifth at the beginning of the season. We have definitely improved. It will be harder next season. Man utd will surely be better. Newcastle will be strong as well. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived